PDA

View Full Version : UPDATED Women's Picks & Results Thread '13 AO Suicide Pool

Moose
01-21-2013, 06:43 AM
A big congratulations to the 21 players (out of 329 who began the game last week) who survived the ups and downs of the first four rounds of TAT's 9th Annual Australian Open Women's Suicide Pool - here's hoping you have a clear path to the final, and that you are able to beat this year's draw:

Blomgren: V Williams - Hsieh - Ivanovic - Hampton - Goerges - Kuznetsova - Na Li - Stephens - Radwanska

Calvin_Hobbes: Dolonc - Vesnina - Makarova - Vinci - Flipkens - Wozniacki - Na Li - Stephens - Radwanska

CasperPod: Makarova - Hsieh - Jankovic - Stephens - Flipkens - Kirilenko - Na Li - Kuznetsova - Radwanska

Crashface: Makarova - Stephens - V. Williams - Wickmayer - Flipkens - Vesnina - Na Li - Kuznetsova - Radwanska

Dollymix: Hradecka - Jovanovski - Makarova - Stephens - Flipkens - Wozniacki - Na Li - Kuznetsova - Sharapova - S. Williams

Dolphins343: Zheng - Vinci - Jankovic - Hampton - Ivanovic - Kuznetsova - Na Li - Stephens - Radwanska

Febravo: Watson - Kirilenko - Cirstea - Hampton - Flipkens - Kuznetsova - Radwanska - Stephens - Na Li - Azarenka

FedHenin: Zheng - Vinci - V. Williams - Stephens - Kerber - Wozniacki - Na Li - Azarenka - Sharapova - S. Williams

FindtheCircle: Zheng - Safarova - V. Williams - Stephens - Flipkens - Wozniacki - Radwanska - Azarenka - Na Li

Gsu1990: Cirstea - Stephens - V. Williams - Wickmayer - Kerber - Wozniacki - Na Li - Kuznetsova - Radwanska

Hawk99: Makarova - Safarova - Ivanovic - Vinci - Flipkens - Kuznetsova - Na Li - Stephens - Radwanska

Inkblot1983: Zheng - Safarova - Ivanovic - Tsurenko - Kerber - Kuznetsova - Radwanska - Stephens - Na Li - Azarenka

Ktothem1: Zheng - Wickmayer - V. Williams - Stephens - Flipkens - Wozniacki - Na Li - Kuznetsova - Radwanska

Net_Raider: Makarova - Wickmayer - Goerges - Stephens - Kerber - Wozniacki - Na Li - Kuznetsova - Radwanska

Networthy: Flipkens - Hsieh - -Makarova - Wickmayer - Goerges - Kirilenko - Na Li - Stephens - Radwanska

PTMcMahon: Zheng - Safarova - Jankovic - Stephens - Flipkens - Wozniacki - Na Li - Kuznetsova - Radwanska

Ribbons: Koehler - Jovanovski - Makarova - Vinci - Flipkens - Vesnina - Na Li - Stephens - Radwanska

RickyM63: Watson - Peng - Jankovic - Wickmayer - Flipkens - Kirilenko - Na Li - Stephens - Radwanska

Riley371: Watson - Kuznetsova - Jankovic - Hampton - Kerber - Wozniacki - Na Li - Stephens - Radwanska

Takao: Zheng - Peng - Kerber - Wickmayer - Flipkens - Wozniacki - Na Li - Stephens - Radwanska

VenusLove: Watson - Robson - Goerges - Hampton - Flipkens - Wozniacki - Na Li - Stephens - Radwanska

joanjettson
01-21-2013, 07:52 AM
Congrats to all, and thank you Moose, Scotty & Co. for running another fun and fast-paced Suicide Pool. It's made my January that much better!

networthy
01-21-2013, 03:32 PM
Moose or Scotty: I will not have Internet access over the next 24 hours. If I make it to Day 10, can you put me down for Azarenka? Thank you!

Moose
01-21-2013, 04:06 PM
We enter Day 9 with 21 players still in the game.

With no no-picks, we head straight to the bandwagons

1 - Agnies_ka "Is there a "z", Pat?" Radwanska, with 16

2 - Na "Isn't She Love-" Li, with 3

3 - Maria "Cougar" Sharapova, with 2.

ptmcmahon
01-21-2013, 05:32 PM
Over 3/4 of the pool is looking in trouble right now...

Moose
01-21-2013, 05:54 PM
and then there were 5

doubledogbrewer
01-21-2013, 06:06 PM
Over 3/4 of the pool is looking in trouble right now...

doggone it, Kerber. I kind of thought this might happen in the Li/Radwanska match ... if only I could have survived to today

Moose
01-21-2013, 06:09 PM
doggone it, Kerber. I kind of thought this might happen in the Li/Radwanska match ... if only I could have survived to today

The ultimate Suicide Pool cruelty is knowing you'd have won tomorrow's match, if only you had survived today's, doubledog.

garp6
01-21-2013, 06:37 PM
Congrats to the few the proud. You lost me at Shvedova. Great job!

fatboy
01-22-2013, 03:37 AM
The ultimate Suicide Pool cruelty is knowing you'd have won tomorrow's match, if only you had survived today's, doubledog.

I feel sure i would have survived today, if i hadn't gone out on the first day with Hanutuchova ;) :cool:

Madame
01-22-2013, 10:40 AM
wow 5 left
Way to go Na Li

FedHenin
01-22-2013, 08:58 PM
Did not expect to be eliminated with a Serena Williams pick...wow! Oh well, best result I've ever had, made it to a Top 4 finish. Can't be disappointed with that...until the next major everyone. Congrats to the final 2

skatingfan
01-22-2013, 09:20 PM
Looks like the Women's Australian Open Suicide Pool is finished as both remaining players have only Sharapova left and so cannot beat the draw - congratulations to Febravo & Inkblot1983

ptmcmahon
01-23-2013, 05:24 AM
Dang...one day away from winning. I had used Sloane too so at least I can take consolation in knowing I wouldn't have beaten the draw.

dollymix
01-23-2013, 08:16 AM
Congrats to the winners - particularly for picking Na Li to beat Radwanska, which was key. (I had Radwanska making the final - shows what I know.)

FedHenin
01-23-2013, 12:23 PM
This may be a dumb question but do dollymix and myself still receive an award for losing yesterday? As the 2 players remaining both have the same pick and will tie for the gold, do we both receive a bronze?

Doesn't really matter or mean much I suppose, but I was getting a bit excited over getting so close to FINALLY winning a medal on here after years of playing.

Woody
01-23-2013, 12:39 PM
This may be a dumb question but do dollymix and myself still receive an award for losing yesterday? As the 2 players remaining both have the same pick and will tie for the gold, do we both receive a bronze?

Doesn't really matter or mean much I suppose, but I was getting a bit excited over getting so close to FINALLY winning a medal on here after years of playing.

As Slider from Top Gun once said "No points for second place!" That is, the SP's are gold medal only. Nice run though!