PDA

View Full Version : Vanishing Threads?

Charlie02123
12-27-2012, 08:12 PM
I've been having a weird glitch for at least six months or so. Some threads just plain vanish. I was putting together my AMITS team and could only see three threads in the sub-forum. I log out and bam, all seven are there. It happens in every sub-forum and has been for awhile. Anyone have any ideas why?

ponchi101
12-28-2012, 07:20 AM
Kirkus has been drunk since Obama´s victory, Charlie.
This is place is not the same anymore. We need NRA, Card Carrying Republicans running it. Otherwise, too much government involvement, taking away our freedoms!
(sorry, no idea. Nice meeting you, after commie rat Kirkus kicks me out of here, violating my 1st amendment rights, (I'm not American, so be it)).
(Woke up happy, Kirkus, so I am trying to come back to normal. Just joking).

Kirkus
12-28-2012, 09:26 AM
LOL. I have been drunk since Obama's victory. I thought I was hiding it pretty well.

::

Charlie, this is the first I've heard of this. Is there a chance you were setting up your AMitS team while the the forum threads were still being set up?

You get no error messages? You just log out then back in and everything is as it should be?

Charlie02123
12-28-2012, 12:38 PM
Kirk, this has been going on for a minimum of six months. No error messages. Logging out and back in does NOT help. Just plain logging out allows me to see all the threads, but the problem with that is then I can't access the Members Only stuff.

I wonder if it could possibly be some glitch with subscribing to threads. I don't know if that makes sense, but neither does this glitch.

justinbiber469
06-15-2013, 02:27 AM
Hey, today I tried to post a reply in a thread. I got the message that my account wasn't active or that I was not allowed to post. When I got out of it, the thread was gone. Does that mean I was posting in a thread that was deleted? Do threads get fully deleted or just closed? Or do you get that when a thread gets moved?

Woody
06-15-2013, 08:39 AM
I wouldn't worry about it. It's probably just PRISM doing the daily sweep.

Kirkus
06-15-2013, 09:52 AM
Hey, today I tried to post a reply in a thread. I got the message that my account wasn't active or that I was not allowed to post. When I got out of it, the thread was gone. Does that mean I was posting in a thread that was deleted? Do threads get fully deleted or just closed? Or do you get that when a thread gets moved?

Threads are rarely ever deleted. They might, on a rare occasion, get moved. But nothing like that has been done recently. What thread were you replying in? Try your reply again and see what happens. Let me know.

justinbiber469
08-06-2013, 09:58 PM

x

Togtdyalttai
08-06-2013, 10:18 PM
Glad to see we don't have an actual user with that awful name.

Charlie02123
08-06-2013, 11:32 PM
It's actually convenient that Spammo decided to post on this thread because the problem is still around.

At this very moment, the THRTNY subforum has 1-4 threads of 4 when I am logged in. I log out and it switches to the whole 1-7 of 7. It's totally random what threads are there or missing.

Kirkus
08-07-2013, 12:04 AM
It's actually convenient that Spammo decided to post on this thread because the problem is still around.

At this very moment, the THRTNY subforum has 1-4 threads of 4 when I am logged in. I log out and it switches to the whole 1-7 of 7. It's totally random what threads are there or missing.

Which thread?

Kirkus
08-07-2013, 12:05 AM
Oh wait. You mean the forum, not a specific thread.

Kirkus
08-07-2013, 12:08 AM
I totally dropped the ball on this. Sorry. :(

Do me a favor, Charlie. You know how threads with posts that you haven't read appear in bold? See if there's a correlation between the 4 (in this case) that show when you're logged in and those that have unread posts in them. Are they the same threads?

Kirkus
08-07-2013, 12:15 AM
Check the setting at: Settings (top-right of page) > General Settings > Thread Display Options (see attachment).

Do you have that set to a short time span? That would explain why you can see them when you're not logged in. When your not logged in that setting wouldn't apply.

Charlie02123
08-07-2013, 12:25 AM
Check the setting at: Settings (top-right of page) > General Settings > Thread Display Options (see attachment).

Do you have that set to a short time span? That would explain why you can see them when you're not logged in. When your not logged in that setting wouldn't apply.
:hammerself:

Have I told you guys I skipped two grades? :rolleyes:

My hypothesis is that my off-the-charts handsomeness overwhelms my intellect sometimes.

Thanks! :D

Kirkus
08-07-2013, 12:51 AM
LOL. You're welcome.

Sorry I didn't address this when you first reported it.