PDA

View Full Version : What in the world happened with the members???

sportfan92
01-15-2006, 04:23 PM
WOW I can't believe that I'm seeing triple digits in the members section. I've been living under a rock but what the hell happened?

how did so many members come to our board simultaneously? are these aliases?

Kirkus
01-15-2006, 04:36 PM
Front page link from Jon Weirtham at SI on Tuesday.

Doll_Face
01-16-2006, 04:25 PM
WOW I can't believe that I'm seeing triple digits in the members section. I've been living under a rock but what the hell happened?

how did so many members come to our board simultaneously? are these aliases?

[smiley=woo_hoo.gif]

ximo
01-17-2006, 11:25 AM
Yes, I am one of them. I found out about TAT through Jon W's link. I really enjoy his way of looking at tennis and usually trust him (except when I made the mistake of buying a tshirt from a webpage he recomended...)
I'm enjoying TAT big time, it's great to find a place were the exception are the histerical fans (as in: insulting you because you think X player will loose against Y or that Z doesn't deserve the hall of fame...)

Cheers!

shtexas
01-17-2006, 11:29 AM
Yes, I am one of them. I found out about TAT through Jon W's link. I really enjoy his way of looking at tennis and usually trust him (except when I made the mistake of buying a tshirt from a webpage he recomended...)
I'm enjoying TAT big time, it's great to find a place were the exception are the histerical fans (as in: insulting you because you think X player will loose against Y or that Z doesn't deserve the hall of fame...)

Cheers!

We are glad you are here. This board is different from other boards where everyone fights and calls each other names based on the players they like and dislike.

Sebastien hates Capriati. I like her. But, we don't call each other jerks....or worse!

ximo
01-17-2006, 11:43 AM
[/quote]
We are glad you are here. This board is different from other boards where everyone fights and calls each other names based on the players they like and dislike.

Sebastien hates Capriati. I like her. But, we don't call each other jerks.[/quote]

Thanks, you do make me feel sincerely welcome.
For me it's about enjoying the killer beast we all have inside but knowing how to tame it to show respect for the other players and have enough class to be humble when needed. Some players I don't really enjoy that much for their game I really like for the way the are (Andy Rodick for example) If then the public goes and ruins that it can put me off the sport.

Er... I won't call you a jerk for liking Capriati either.