PDA

View Full Version : We've Hit the 100 Member Mark

Moose
01-11-2006, 12:39 PM
how cool is that?

Its a great start to a New Year on TAT...lets make sure our boatload of new members know all about our other features beside the Suicide Pool...maybe we can get some involved in our other games, or get them active in posting.

Congratulations, Kirkus...ya done good my friend.

Kirkus
01-11-2006, 01:12 PM
how cool is that?

Its a great start to a New Year on TAT...lets make sure our boatload of new members know all about our other features beside the Suicide Pool...maybe we can get some involved in our other games, or get them active in posting.

Congratulations, Kirkus...ya done good my friend.
It's a team effort, Bro. The underlying philosophy that TAT be driven by it's members has proven over and over again to be a solid philosophy.

The kudos for this current surge belong to you and our friend over at SI.

3mlm
01-11-2006, 06:08 PM
This is one contest administrator who is gettting a little nervous.

Kirkus
01-11-2006, 06:11 PM
This is one contest administrator who is gettting a little nervous.

LOL. Awwwww, poor 3mlm. Don't fret there's help available if you need it.

catz33
01-13-2006, 10:36 PM
Geez, breeders man......on the 12th 100, on the 14th 132.

"Rabbit TAT"

Kirkus
01-13-2006, 10:50 PM
Rabbit TAT!

LMAO!

Doll_Face
01-13-2006, 11:09 PM
I'm so excited [smiley=woo_hoo.gif]

Seriously speaking, we're a great group of people just trying to track tennis and other great sports events of the world. We invite everyone to make to make our happy family fuller and richer. Should I dare say [smiley=grouphug.gif]

Moose
01-14-2006, 10:54 AM
we passed the 140 mark today, think 150 is a legitimate hope by tomorrow evening.

Allready some of these new members are dropping posts in some of our threads.

Just think, we're "old timers" now...

Sebastien447
01-15-2006, 08:09 AM
I'm just curious to the current philosophy about member list weeding. We used to go back and forth about this ... let em stay members, or weed them out if they never post.

I think there currently exists some form of weeding out process ... though, because of this, our member numbers are much lower than they could be. I'd say membership could be well into the 200s if not for this.

So the question is ... Is it better to have a larger member number? Or is it better to have a member number to reflect how many active TATeurs exist?

I still go back and forth on that one ::)

Kirkus
01-15-2006, 11:56 AM
Dude! You're frickin' psychic!

I was just mulling this over last night. And, as you, I go back and forth. Here's how the Registration Agreement currently reads:

SPECIAL NOTICE: Any user account with a post count of zero will be deleted after 30 days. Any user account which remains unused for 90 days is subject to removal.

I still don't have a problem with removing accounts with a zero post count. Maybe after the AO we can, as a group, come up with something concrete.

Kirkus
01-19-2006, 09:26 PM
I've been giving this some though over the past few days and I still don't like having zero-post members on the roll. I really don't have a problem with deleting those accounts after 30 days. Or the 1 or 2 post members who've joined only to add a link to their site or someother website. I'd like to keep those accounts weeded out.

We'll have quite a few members whom we won't see until the next suicide pool, but I don't have a problem keeping them on the rolls. Maybe after a year of inactivity, they could be weeded out.

Any thoughts?

Doll_Face
01-20-2006, 11:28 AM
I've been giving this some though over the past few days and I still don't like having zero-post members on the roll. I really don't have a problem with deleting those accounts after 30 days. Or the 1 or 2 post members who've joined only to add a link to their site or someother website. I'd like to keep those accounts weeded out.

We'll have quite a few members whom we won't see until the next suicide pool, but I don't have a problem keeping them on the rolls. Maybe after a year of inactivity, they could be weeded out.

Any thoughts?

One year without posting and you're OUT.