PDA

View Full Version : Sorry guys

catz33
03-15-2006, 07:43 PM
I haven't been posting as much as usual. Life has been, well........beautiful, stressful, exasperating, cruel, all encompassing and full.......I haven't had a chance to give tennis time......"March Madness" either for that matter.

I will be heading out in the next few hours and will post back in after returning.......my last trip took my heart and turned it inside out. I am afraid for this trip.

Kirkus
03-15-2006, 08:50 PM
I don't have a clue what you're up to, Catz. But you're in my thoughts.

Stay safe.

catz33
03-15-2006, 09:18 PM
Delayed again.......I can't go home......I'm afraid I won't come back..lol.

Delayed, again.........decided to use the hotel voucher....too keyed to sleep.

Anyways I wanted to tell Kem about an evening that included Kitchie Nadal, she's very young but in person has a spark that I haven't experienced in most of today's youth that I am around. I only got to witness one song sung completely spontanous and acappella and it was done youthfully sweet and beautiful.

Scleraderma is a horrifying disease that literally squeezes the life out of a person. It starts with the skin (derma) and makes the person feel like a mannaquin to the touch, completely squeezing the skin until the joints and muscles of the hand are frozen in a clasped position, unable to move. Then when your whole body is in that postion and the cells can no longer react it attacks the collagen of the lungs and the heart causing breathing issues and heart problems, the stomach reacts by ulcerating which is further enhanced by the medications used to try and stop it............

This is why separation of church and state is so important:

Nevada National Guard Sgt. Patrick Stewart gave his life for his country when the Chinook helicopter he was in was shot down in Afghanistan in September.

But those wishing to honor Stewart, who should have his name on the memorial wall at the Northern Nevada Veterans Memorial Cemetery in Fernley, would have a difficult time.

The space reserved for Stewart is vacant. Stewart was a follower of the Wiccan religion, which is not recognized by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.

Stewart’s widow, Roberta, said she’ll wait until her family’s religion — and its five-pointed star enclosed in a circle, with one point facing skyward — is recognized for use on memorials before Stewart’s plaque is installed.

The US government should not be in the business of picking and choosing which religions are appropriate. This country was founded on liberty and justice for all. There is nothing inherently Christian about those beliefs, and nothing in them that allows one religion to be treated as if it didn’t exist. Members of all religions and non-believers have given their lives for this country regardless of creed or belief. They all deserve the same honors. The government shouldn’t b asking family members if their religion is on the approved list — they should simply be thanking them for their loved ones’ sacrifices and making sure each soldier is honored in the way they would have wanted. In a nation that took the Constitution seriously, that is exactly what would have happened.

In this country, a widow and orphan have been told that their religion isn’t good enough for the government of the United States of America. The next time you hear someone blathering on about how this is a Christian nation, remember a soldier who gave his life for that nation and the blank spot on a memorial where his name should be, because someone somewhere decided that his religion wasn’t good enough for this country.

One nation, under the "right" god.