PDA

View Full Version : TAT as a Port of Convenience

PeterSkan
04-01-2006, 09:34 AM
I want to tread carefully here, since I have certainly taken advantage of TAT for selfish or self-indulgent purposes, whether posting non-tennis biographs or making out with Doll or hijacking a thread. But I do consider myself part of the TAT extended family and tailor my contributions accordingly.

So I suppose I didn't feel my mild sense of annoyance was unjustiified to see a few posters from TOB chase over here to take advantage of certain features and/or post content simply because it was verboten at TOB, yet - and this is the key point - speaking with relative disdain about this place. These are folks who invite themselves into your home and raid your fridge while complaning about the kind of food you've bought. You can be sure they won't be doing the dishes, either. They're loud and they walk all over your carpets with muddy boots, farting as they go. Springer would be interested in this lot, no doubt.

It's not about content, it's not about prudish, Pleasantville personnae - it's about attitude, and gratitude.

You're in the house that Kirkus built, with his own hands, no less, so show some respect.

Doll_Face
04-01-2006, 12:53 PM
I want to tread carefully here, since I have certainly taken advantage of TAT for selfish or self-indulgent purposes, whether posting non-tennis biographs or making out with Doll or hijacking a thread. But I do consider myself part of the TAT extended family and tailor my contributions accordingly.

So I suppose I didn't feel my mild sense of annoyance was unjustiified to see a few posters from TOB chase over here to take advantage of certain features and/or post content simply because it was verboten at TOB, yet - and this is the key point - speaking with relative disdain about this place. These are folks who invite themselves into your home and raid your fridge while complaning about the kind of food you've bought. You can be sure they won't be doing the dishes, either. They're loud and they walk all over your carpets with muddy boots, farting as they go. Springer would be interested in this lot, no doubt.

It's not about content, it's not about prudish, Pleasantville personnae - it's about attitude, and gratitude.

You're in the house that Kirkus built, with his own hands, no less, so show some respect.

Ouch!!!

That's why I love my SkanCan [smiley=smitten.gif] Strong, but sensitive, sturdy and wise!!

The Doll will learn his tactfulness one day, lol.

[smiley=gorgeous.gif]

neka
04-01-2006, 01:03 PM

AMEN to that !

catz33
04-01-2006, 07:27 PM
Do you hear that Capitain?

Kirkus
04-01-2006, 07:49 PM
... [smiley=thumbup.gif]

Thanks Skan.

Sebastien447
04-01-2006, 07:59 PM
On a 1 to 5 WOOT scale. That gets ...

[smiley=woot.gif] [smiley=woot.gif] [smiley=woot.gif] [smiley=woot.gif] [smiley=woot.gif]

catz33
04-01-2006, 08:36 PM
What did I miss?

dryrunguy
04-01-2006, 08:46 PM
What did I miss?

I'll echo that question?

I hate being in the dark.

Especially when it's my own fault for not paying attention in the first place.

But in this one instance, would someone please spoon-feed me? I promise not to hit on you...

Yet. :P

Dry

Kirkus
04-01-2006, 08:50 PM
http://www.talkabouttennis.com/cgi-bin/TATv2/YaBB.pl?num=1143677878

TAT's being used for it's PM system to transfer links that can't be posted on TOB.

catz33
04-01-2006, 09:02 PM
Let me know if you want me to drop them in the drink, couple minutes in the Potomac will straighten anybody up.

[smiley=evil.gif]

dryrunguy
04-01-2006, 09:15 PM

TAT's being used for it's PM system to transfer links that can't be posted on TOB.

So, shall I take this as a warning not to post my naked photos here?

:o

dry

Doll_Face
04-02-2006, 09:39 AM
Do you hear that Capitain?

Ms Catz,

My Capitain is mischievous, but he isn't stupid!!

[smiley=sweetheart.gif] [smiley=sweetheart.gif] [smiley=sweetheart.gif]

[smiley=gorgeous.gif]

Doll_Face
04-02-2006, 09:41 AM
Let me know if you want me to drop them in the drink, couple minutes in the Potomac will straighten anybody up.

[smiley=evil.gif]

YOU GO GIRL :-*

Doll_Face
04-02-2006, 09:43 AM

So, shall I take this as a warning not to post my naked photos here?

:o

dry

Oh Lordie ... warn me first so I can put my shades on 8-)

LMAO!!!!!

[smiley=engel017.gif]