PDA

View Full Version : Six new player banners for TAT

Kirkus
04-19-2006, 09:49 PM
Let's add six new player banners (that appear at the top of TAT pages) into the mix. Currently we have 14. Let's make it 20.

Post your votes here and the top 6 will get a place on TAT. Don't post:

Roddick
Kimmie
Agassi
Davenport
Henin-Hardenne
Serena
Venus
Davydenko
Blake
Nadal
Mauresmo
Sharapova
Nalbandian
Federer

catz33
04-19-2006, 10:02 PM
Vliegen and Azarenko are my choices

Sebastien447
04-19-2006, 10:52 PM
um ... Gasquet ... guess you all knew I'd say that ...

he does have the greatest backhand on earth dontcha know

Moose
04-20-2006, 05:48 AM
Marat and Francesca

neka
04-20-2006, 06:38 AM
Boris Becker, Stefan Edberg.

Come on guys, let's pay tribute to some of the greatest out there!

neka
04-20-2006, 06:38 AM
You could put them in Sepia for a nice retro look.

catz33
04-20-2006, 10:08 AM

I think that is a great idea!!!!!

but then I would want to go with Vilas and Arantxa

Sebastien447
04-20-2006, 06:20 PM

ooooh, now there's one long list ... might put kirkie on overload and smoke might start coming out of his ears or something!

maybe rotate the old folk ... sort of a "has been of the week!" ;D

Moose
04-20-2006, 06:29 PM

If we're going for past great, definitely Arantxa!

Jidkova_Fan
04-24-2006, 03:50 PM
I'm almost embarrased to vote for Alina :-[

But I have a suggestion. Why not allow the winners of the Roland Garros suicide pools to each nominate a player of their choice, as an extra bonus for their efforts?

Kirkus
04-24-2006, 04:49 PM
I'm almost embarrased to vote for Alina :-[

But I have a suggestion. Why not allow the winners of the Roland Garros suicide pools to each nominate a player of their choice, as an extra bonus for their efforts?

Actually it was your handle that gave me the idea to have members name the six new banners.

But the idea of letting the SP winners choose is a good one, I think.

Do you think they should be allowed to choose all 6 new banners or just 2 (1 for each winner) then we pick the other 4 by nomination?

Jidkova_Fan
04-24-2006, 04:58 PM
Actually it was your handle that gave me the idea to have members name the six new banners.

But the idea of letting the SP winners choose is a good one, I think.

Do you think they should be allowed to choose all 6 new banners or just 2 (1 for each winner) then we pick the other 4 by nomination?

Thank you for that :)

My idea was exactly as you've guessed. One male player for the mens SP pool winner, ditto for the ladies, and the other four done by nomination as planned.

I think it'd give an extra incentive for the pool, as you'd also be playing for the honour of your particular favourite.

Kirkus
04-24-2006, 06:46 PM
I think that's a great idea. Let's see what others think, too.

Smart thinkin', JF! :)

neka
04-26-2006, 12:14 AM
Whilst I like the idea, I don't think it is very democratic. Imagine that I win the next suicide pool (yeah, right !) and I choose Danai UDOMCHOKE. Will you put him up on the banner ? (and no disrespect to the Thai player)

Kirkus
04-26-2006, 10:02 AM
Whilst I like the idea, I don't think it is very democratic. Imagine that I win the next suicide pool (yeah, right !) and I choose Danai UDOMCHOKE. Will you put him up on the banner ?

Sure. Why not?

Jidkova_Fan
04-26-2006, 02:49 PM
I agree with Kirkus, and wouldn't have any problem if someone chose Danai Udomchoke for the banners. Indeed, I think it'd be nice if a couple of the lower ranked players were on there. :)

neka
04-27-2006, 02:53 AM
Whilst I like the idea, I don't think it is very democratic. Imagine that I win the next suicide pool (yeah, right !) and I choose Danai UDOMCHOKE. Will you put him up on the banner ?

Sure. Why not?

Ok, this maybe wasn't a good example. How about A. di Mauro ? Or, say, Alexander JAKUPOVIC?

Jidkova_Fan
04-27-2006, 05:34 AM
Neka does make a fair point :)

How about going with my suggestion, but limiting it to current players who've been in the top 100 in the rankings, or former top 10 players?

And as I've only nominated one player so far, can I add a second nomination, this time for Steffi, as I think she'd be a great choice.

Kirkus
04-27-2006, 08:56 AM
Neka does make a fair point :)

How about going with my suggestion, but limiting it to current players who've been in the top 100 in the rankings, or former top 10 players?

And as I've only nominated one player so far, can I add a second nomination, this time for Steffi, as I think she'd be a great choice.
Top 100 sounds okay to me. Whatever you guys decide.

BTW, I vote for Steffi also. That's 2.

neka
05-03-2006, 09:44 AM
But what about past players? I want Mickael Pernfors on the banner !

Jelisabeta
05-04-2006, 02:44 PM
OLIVIER ROCHUS
MICHAELLA KRAJICEK

Better get used to them, 'cause i'll win the RG SP. ;D :D :) :-/ :( :'(

:-*Liz

Jidkova_Fan
05-09-2006, 04:39 PM
OLIVIER ROCHUS
MICHAELLA KRAJICEK

Olivier would be a cool choice, and I hope you win the men's SP :)

But Krajicek over Jidkova ::)

Still, the one thing I love about TAT is that it does have a place for all our favourites, not just the superstars, and thats what makes it such a friendly place to be a part of.

Jelisabeta
05-10-2006, 12:37 PM
OLIVIER ROCHUS
MICHAELLA KRAJICEK

Olivier would be a cool choice, and I hope you win the men's SP :)

But Krajicek over Jidkova ::)

Still, the one thing I love about TAT is that it does have a place for all our favourites, not just the superstars, and thats what makes it such a friendly place to be a part of.

I totally agree!!!

Kirkus
05-15-2006, 10:06 PM
So how does this sound to everyone:

Let's wait until after the FOSP and see just how many winners we have (there could be a tie). Winners will chose new faces for the TAT banners. Then however many are left we can vote on using the nominations in this thread.

Should we vote on "non-active" players? Or any players.

Charlie02123
05-26-2006, 04:43 PM
Well, I may pick more obscure players if I win the suicide pool, but vote is for Nadia Petrova and Marat Safin.

Sebastien447
05-27-2006, 05:49 PM
I think I should get to name a player for the banner just because people call me Seberdoodle and I don't complain about it! :P

Other than that, the plan is a winner!

Doll_Face
05-28-2006, 11:53 AM
I think I should get to name a player for the banner just because people call me Seberdoodle and I don't complain about it! :P

I'm kinda taking a liking to SeberMcSnoodle :P and SeberMerlot :-*

[smiley=gorgeous.gif]

LOL

Doll_Face
05-28-2006, 11:56 AM

I'm kinda taking a liking to SeberMcSnoodle :P and SeberMerlot :-*

[smiley=gorgeous.gif]

LOL

It's ashame I can't take teasing, lol.

[smiley=tease.gif]

SeberTinkle, can we go to Wimby? :-[

Kirkus
06-17-2006, 12:57 PM
Okay boys and girls... time is running out. Here's where we stand so far:

calvin_hobbes29 has chosen the Bryan Brothers.
Herodotus has chosen Martina Hingis.

That leaves 4 places and this is what we have so far. I may close this for nominations any minute (depends on when I feel like making the new banners) or days from now.

2 votes each for the following:
Safin
Sanchez-Vicario
Graf

1 vote each for the following:
Vliegen
Azarenko
Gasquet
Becker
Edberg
Vilas
Pernfors
Oli Rochus
Michaella Krajicek
Petrova
Schiavone

shtexas
06-17-2006, 01:16 PM
Do we have a banner for Hewitt? Not a favorite of mine, but if not, we should have one.

GVGirl
06-17-2006, 01:23 PM
how about Vilas!
Of course I would say that.

topazkarma
06-17-2006, 03:25 PM
I'd like to nominate Patty Schnyder. Way too fun and eccentric to not have a banner.

Kirkus
06-17-2006, 07:57 PM
UPDATED:

That leaves 4 places and this is what we have so far. I may close this for nominations any minute (depends on when I feel like making the new banners) or days from now.

Safin
Sanchez-Vicario
Graf
Vilas

Vliegen
Azarenko
Gasquet
Becker
Edberg
Pernfors
Oli Rochus
Michaella Krajicek
Petrova
Schiavone
Hewitt
Schnyder

Danielle
06-17-2006, 09:40 PM
Tough call between Graf and Vilas...but if I can cast a vote I think I'd say Vilas. It's a sentimental pick since I got to see him play once with my family. Granted, I barely remember that day but I do know my sister was very excited since she had a HUGE crush on him. :D

Moose
06-18-2006, 07:07 AM
UPDATED:

Safin
Sanchez-Vicario
Graf
Vilas

Vliegen
Azarenko
Gasquet
Becker
Edberg
Pernfors
Oli Rochus
Michaella Krajicek
Petrova
Schiavone
Hewitt
Schnyder

Kirkus:

Do we have two available for the winner of the Wimby SP? Is that something we want to do again. I'm sure Herodotus and calvin_hobbes are gonna take some pride, and remeber the thrill of victory, every time they see their picks come up on the banner.

Charlie02123
06-18-2006, 10:26 AM
UPDATED:

Safin
Sanchez-Vicario
Graf
Vilas

Vliegen
Azarenko
Gasquet
Becker
Edberg
Pernfors
Oli Rochus
Michaella Krajicek
Petrova
Schiavone
Hewitt
Schnyder

Kirkus:

Do we have two available for the winner of the Wimby SP? Is that something we want to do again. I'm sure Herodotus and calvin_hobbes are gonna take some pride, and remeber the thrill of victory, every time they see their picks come up on the banner.

Since there are 4 banners left to pick, and 4 suicide pool winners left in the year, why don't we just wait and let the Wimbledon winner's pick two and the US Open winners pick two?

Kirkus
06-18-2006, 10:49 AM
Moose, Charlie:

I like both those ideas. Let's see if it's okay with everyone else. I can put the 4 new ones up after Wimbledon then the final 2 after the US Open.

Sebastien447
06-18-2006, 11:21 AM
Since there are 4 banners left to pick, and 4 suicide pool winners left in the year, why don't we just wait and let the Wimbledon winner's pick two and the US Open winners pick two?

Perfect! Great idea Charlie!

Kirkus
06-18-2006, 08:58 PM
calvin_hobbes is going with Fabrice Santoro rather than the Bryan's.

Charlie02123
06-18-2006, 09:59 PM

Perfect! Great idea Charlie!

It was more Moose's idea than mine, really. Good idea Moose!

Charlie02123
06-18-2006, 10:01 PM
If we do want to make some changes to the banners. We could find new pictures for some of the players. I think the Clijsters picture is fairly old and not as flattering as it could be.

3mlm
07-30-2006, 02:00 AM
That's too cool. The new Hingis picture.

I'm still trying to balance my new work schedule with tennis message boards so I'm sure I'm missing the other new banners.

Herodotus
08-23-2006, 08:24 AM
I just saw the Hingis banner, which was my selection after the French. Good choice of pictures Kirkus!