PDA

View Full Version : TATv3 is here!

Kirkus
10-28-2006, 01:36 AM
TalkAboutTennis.com version 3.0 (TATv3) is available by going to www.TalkAboutTennis.com or by clicking on the "Website" link in the top banner on all forum pages. You can return to the forum by clicking on the "Forum" link in the same place on the website or from the Main Menu on the website.

TATv3 is the addition of a full website providing you with many new features, including extended profiles with a personal photo gallery, an events calendar, and an improved TATChat! Features that you're familiar with have also been moved to the new website, such as, live tennis scores, On the Line, current tennis news -- with 2 new feeds (CBS Sportsline Tennis and Off The Baseline), Wall of Fame and recommended links. Because you now have the ability to upload your own photos in your extended profile, the Member's Photo page is no longer available. Also notice at the top-right of the website pages several icons. These icons allow you to enlarge or reduce the type size on the pages. An icon also allows you to reduce the width of the pages if you're on a smaller monitor. You can also download PDFs of any article on the website or print articles directly from your browser

TAT's forum hasn't changed except for the new color-scheme. Your current username/password set are exactly the same as always and the forum operates as it always has. However, in order to access the new member features on the website, you must register at the website (please register using the same username that you have on the forum). It's a quick, automatic process. Once logged in, you'll see the member's menu on the left.

As with anything new, there may be bugs that I'll need to work out. If you find something that isn't working the way you think it should, please post the problem in this thread and I'll get it fixed.

I sincerely hope this expansion is a welcome addition to TAT. Enjoy!

My thanks to Oplo for helping me test the new site! You rock, my friend! :)

Kirkus
10-28-2006, 02:28 AM
I'm also looking for suggestions of items to be included in the extended profiles. We have things like favorite tennis player, favorite movie, favorite band, etc. If you can think of any more items that would be fun or interesting to know about each other, post them here.

catz33
11-25-2006, 09:42 PM
I've registered twice but can't get it to work tonight so I'll just have to stay up in here. lol

mmmm8
11-25-2006, 09:49 PM
I've registered twice but can't get it to work tonight so I'll just have to stay up in here. lol

Catz, we've taken away the member's profile part of the site, so you can't register anymore. or are you talking about TATChat?

catz33
11-25-2006, 09:54 PM
Tatchat

hurricanejeanne
11-25-2006, 10:00 PM
Tatchat

aren't you already registered in tatchat? should you just have to sign in?

mmmm8
11-25-2006, 10:01 PM
Tatchat

You registered through the new "TAT registration" link from the website?
http://www.talkabouttennis.com/TATv3/index.php?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=74

mmmm8
11-25-2006, 10:10 PM
Tatchat

You registered through the new "TAT registration" link from the website?
http://www.talkabouttennis.com/TATv3/index.php?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=74

Any luck, catz?

catz33
11-25-2006, 10:13 PM
no luck, 4m and I believe that is the link I used the 2nd time around.

mmmm8
11-25-2006, 10:15 PM
I'm going to try to register you, catz. I'll send you a PM with a password, if I succeed,

Has the registration worked and then you couldn't log in, or what?

mmmm8
11-25-2006, 10:20 PM
I'm going to try to register you, catz. I'll send you a PM with a password, if I succeed,

Has the registration worked and then you couldn't log in, or what?

Check you PMs, catz

catz33
11-25-2006, 10:22 PM
It worked from there. I was going to the forum page.

mmmm8
11-25-2006, 10:24 PM
It worked from there. I was going to the forum page.

yippie!!!

Kirkus
11-26-2006, 09:25 AM
Did you guys ever figure out what happened? Do I need to fix something?

mmmm8
11-26-2006, 09:36 AM

I think catz was going somewhere else instead of TATChat once she registered. I'm not sure. But I think we are fine.

catz33
11-27-2006, 01:46 AM

I think catz was going somewhere else instead of TATChat once she registered. I'm not sure. But I think we are fine.

I was going to tatchat from the website not the forum.