View Full Version : TATHERING: Hopman Cup 2007

Jay
12-20-2006, 08:28 PM
Organized Tathering: Hopman Cup 2007

Where: TATCHAT

Re: Hopman Cup

When: December 29th- Jan. 5

Time(s): 8:00 pm EST, 5:00pm PST

PM any of the TATCHAT Moderators or Kirkus if you have any questions.

Jay
12-20-2006, 08:49 PM
You can also ask questions, add comments, and suggestions about the TATHERING in this thread as well.

Hope to see everyone there!
------------------------------Jessie--------------------------------------------

hurricanejeanne
12-20-2006, 09:07 PM
We, as TATChat Moderators want to promote the growth of TATChat. This is one way for everyone to get back on TATChat and enjoy the company of other members in a quick response format.

We are hoping to set up daily TATChats related to the Hopman Cup (and yes, like any TATChat, we will also talk about off topic items as well) during the week of the event.

We have yet to set up times because we do not know what would be the best for everyone. And that goes for members in Europe and those on the West Coast of the United States, if you have suggestions let us know.

If you are having trouble logging into TATChat, please let Kirkus or one of the STAFF Members know so you can get on through and chat with us come Hopman Cup time.

We are hoping that this will successful during Hopman Cup as well as interest other TAT Members to log in and chat more on a regular basis. We do not want to see this great option go to waste.

Hope to see all of you in TATChat come Hopman Cup. Everyone is welcomed!

mmmm8
12-20-2006, 09:27 PM
Oh, and, just so no one is scared, Alice is gone and will, therefore, not hunt you down and kill you. Well, not in TATChat, at least. ;)

Jay
12-22-2006, 05:05 AM
I'm Bummed Venus is not going to play in the Hopman Cup.

well, now i'm gonna be rooting for France AND the US since France replaced Germany 'cause of Kiefer's injury pullout (I think it was 'cause of his wrist too, like Venus). Though, i think that Russia will most likely win. :(

I also added the times in my first post.
Hope everyone makes it to our second scheduled TATHERING!!

Kirkus
12-22-2006, 11:06 PM
More info about TATChat can be found... HERE (http://www.talkabouttennis.com/TATv3/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=42&Itemi d=70).

Jay
12-22-2006, 11:32 PM
More info about TATChat can be found... HERE (http://www.talkabouttennis.com/TATv3/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=42&Itemi d=70).

"TATChat!

TATChat! is a live chat system available to all members of the TalkAboutTennis.com forum. You must be a registered member of the forum to use TATChat! A link to TATChat! is available at the top of each forum page. The same rules apply in TATChat! as apply on other areas of TAT. Please keep it friendly and respectful."

I decided to just quote it instead Kirkus..I think it's easier than having to click on a link.

oh and THANX for the banner! i seen it and it looks great. :D

and hope everyone makes it to the TAThering... catz already said she will make it but will be "fashionably" late.

mmmm8
12-23-2006, 04:28 PM
Please note also that registration for TATChat! is separate from the forum.

Here's a link to register for TATChat! (it's quick and easy):
CLICK HERE (http://www.talkabouttennis.com/cgi-bin/TATv2/YaBB.pl?num=1165297075).

You must be a member of the forum before you can register for TATChat!

hurricanejeanne
12-26-2006, 11:14 AM
3 Days Til Hopman Cup.
And TTC is already showing "classic" matches. Watching one now.
Make sure you set aside some time and kick off the 2007 season with us in style!

:D [smiley=banana.gif] [smiley=banana.gif]

hurricanejeanne
12-28-2006, 01:48 PM
And if you peoples don't show me and Jessie are unleashing the Raving Rabbits on you. Just saying. :P

Jay
12-28-2006, 05:39 PM
And if you peoples don't show me and Jessie are unleashing the Raving Rabbits on you. Just saying. :P

Ditto x2

hurricanejeanne
12-29-2006, 03:34 AM
Be there!!!

Or Jeanne and Jessie will be thoroughly disappointed and sick the demented raving rabbits on you.

Jay
12-29-2006, 03:36 AM
and trust me..the Raving Rabbits are ITCHING to get at all of you if you guys don't go in TATCHAT today....

Jay
12-29-2006, 03:37 AM
*gasps* uh oh...i think i might not be able to make it to the TAThering tomorrow..*gasps again*
i have to be somewhere by 6, and it takes an hour to get there
*double gasps*

Jay
12-29-2006, 03:38 AM
yeah, i won't be able to make it; if you guys are on when i get back, i'll get on.
Sorry.
:'(
Jeanne will have to be the only one in there, other than Kirkus, to moderate ur butts.
and trust me..
she has the Raving rabbits and paddles ready. [smiley=spank2.gif] [smiley=spank.gif] [smiley=spank.gif] [smiley=spank.gif]

mrjiggyfly2
12-29-2006, 04:44 AM
I don't think I can make it. I'll be sleeping before work tonight. :(

Kirkus
12-29-2006, 09:38 AM

It's over several nights, Mr.J

mrjiggyfly2
12-29-2006, 10:29 AM

It's over several nights, Mr.J

I'm off to bed now. If I wake up early, I'll partake ;D

hurricanejeanne
12-29-2006, 12:51 PM
yeah, i won't be able to make it; if you guys are on when i get back, i'll get on.
Sorry.
Jeanne will have to be the only one in there, other than Kirkus, to moderate ur butts.
and trust me..
she has the Raving rabbits and paddles ready. [smiley=spank2.gif] [smiley=spank.gif] [smiley=spank.gif] [smiley=spank.gif]

This is where I hurt you, Jessie. :(
No, I understand and I won't hold it against you. ;)

And yes. Be there. Please. Me (and Jessie) want this tathering to successful. :)
Gracias.

mmmm8
12-29-2006, 01:13 PM
I'l try my best, but I'm preparing for the move so I might be indisposed.

Jay
12-29-2006, 01:31 PM
Sorry.
and trust me..

And yes. Be there. Please. Me (and Jessie) want this tathering to successful. :)
Gracias.

okay, i'm ready. *winces* [smiley=spank.gif]
*bends over like a big boy*

lolz.
I might be there for a half hour in the beginning (at 5 pm PST, and 8 pm EST), and, if anyone is still on, i'll be on when i get back.

hurricanejeanne
12-29-2006, 02:08 PM
Sorry.
and trust me..

Gracias.

lolz.
I might be there for a half hour in the beginning (at 5 pm PST, and 8 pm EST), and, if anyone is still on, i'll be on when i get back.

LMAO!
It's okay Jessie. I understand. And chances are I'll still have it open whenever you do get back. ;)

Jay
12-30-2006, 01:36 AM
Sorry.
and trust me..

Gracias.

lolz.

LMAO!
It's okay Jessie. I understand. And chances are I'll still have it open whenever you do get back. ;)

I went with my sister to a doctor's appointment. Afterwards, i went with a couple of friends to the movies. I just got back.
there was, pretty much, nothing to watch. So, we watched HAPPY FEET.
and OMG...it was SOOO funny!.
but, it was not funny in the way you would think. Well, there's this character named "Lovelace" who has this plastic thing around his neck (you know, those plastic things soda cans and the like are on? yeah, those.) and towards the end of the movie, it was slowly suffocating him and he couldn't breath that much; so, he walked around kind of dying and with his head to the side..
it was suppose to be sad everytime they shifted the camera to him, but it was sooooooooooo funny to me and my two friends who i went with. It was soo quiet in the theater in the quiet parts when they showed him, and me and my friends couldn't stop laughing everytime we'd see him on screen!!
LMAO.
it was fun.
I haven't seen them in ages (since school in early Dec. to be exact.)

well, anywho...how was the the TAThering? did a lot of people show?
how was it?

Jay
12-30-2006, 02:22 AM
If not many people showed, i got my paddles ready.
[smiley=spank.gif].

EVERYONE better be there tomorrow for tomorrow's TAThering in TATCHAT. If none (or few) show, i've got some more paddles for you too. [smiley=spank.gif]

oploskoffie
12-30-2006, 02:31 AM
Just so you know folks, them paddles are merely a tongue-in-cheek way of getting you to chat. No actual harm will come to you during a TAThering ;D ;)

Jay
12-30-2006, 02:41 AM
Just so you know folks, them paddles are merely a tongue-in-cheek way of getting you to chat. No actual harm will come to you during a TAThering ;D ;)

shhhhhh
we wouldn't want them to know the truth, would we. >:(

anywho..did you go to the TAThering in TATCHAT yesterday (on Friday)? and if you did, how was it? did a lot of people show?
was it a success like me and Jeanne wanted?

oploskoffie
12-30-2006, 02:49 AM

shhhhhh

anywho..did you go to the TAThering in TATCHAT yesterday (on Friday)? and if you did, how was it? did a lot of people show?

You'll have to ask Jeanne about that ;) Because of the timediff, I was in bed when all the fun started. I'll give it another try tonight anyway :) Jeanne provided me with good company while I was still awake ;D

mrjiggyfly2
12-30-2006, 06:16 AM
I would like to be there guys, but the time just doesn't work for me! :(

mmmm8
12-30-2006, 07:30 AM

shhhhhh

I don't think yesterday was the best day for it. Or maybe the paddles scared them. But i know there were two people who just forgot.

hurricanejeanne
12-30-2006, 09:39 AM

shhhhhh

You'll have to ask Jeanne about that ;) Because of the timediff, I was in bed when all the fun started. I'll give it another try tonight anyway :) Jeanne provided me with good company while I was still awake ;D

The following people will not have to worry about the raving rabbits:
Koffie, mmmm8, middaystar, catz, and Moose (who showed up twice!)

The rest of you however:

http://www.gamer.nl/images/content/Iris@Gamer/200606/1149848048_1.jpg

hurricanejeanne
12-30-2006, 04:59 PM
Yeah, Night 2, Allez.

Jessie better show up tonight too at least. :P

Jay
12-30-2006, 05:18 PM

When: December 29th- Jan. 5(every night)

Time(s): 8:00 pm EST, 5:00pm PST

PM any of the TATCHAT Moderators or Kirkus if you have any questions.

hurricanejeanne
12-30-2006, 08:43 PM
Yup.

Jay
01-01-2007, 02:59 AM
There's gonna be another Hopman Cup today.
be there, or be square.
got it? get it? good.

'Cause i'm posting this, you can't use the excuse that you forgot. :D

we'd sure love it if everyone would go.
we don't bite..............hard.

Jay
01-01-2007, 05:48 PM
Bump

Jay
01-01-2007, 07:25 PM
bump x2

Jay
01-01-2007, 07:45 PM
Okay, i'm gonna be optimistic.
I'm bumping this one more time this night.

Jay
01-01-2007, 07:50 PM
Gonna post this one last time tonight.

Time(s): 8:00 pm EST, 5:00pm PST ---to..whenever

PM any of the TATCHAT Moderators or Kirkus if you have any questions. You can also post questions and suggestions/comments in this thread as well.

Jay
01-05-2007, 01:04 AM

PM any of the TATCHAT Moderators or Kirkus if you have any questions. You can also post questions and suggestions/comments in this thread as well.

BUMP.
Today is the last day of TATCHAT be there or be square..it's your choice. Though, we'd love it if you all came for the last night of the TAThering. :D

Jay
01-05-2007, 06:24 PM

BUMP.
Today is the last day of TATCHAT be there or be square..it's your choice. Though, we'd love it if you all came for the last night of the TAThering. :D

oploskoffie
01-06-2007, 02:28 AM
If it weren't 3 AM in the morning over here, I'd have been there every friggin'game ;D

Jay
01-06-2007, 02:42 AM
If it weren't 3 AM in the morning over here, I'd have been there every friggin'game ;D
:D
awesome.

do you work today Koffie?

oploskoffie
01-06-2007, 02:49 AM
awesome.

Nope, no work for me today. C'est le weekend! ;D Off to see some grandparents and family in the afternoon, though, which some would consideren an undertaking of sorts ;)

How's your weekend looking? ;)

Jay
01-06-2007, 02:53 AM
awesome.

Nope, no work for me today. C'est le weekend! ;D Off to see some grandparents and family in the afternoon, though, which some would consider an undertaking of sorts ;)

How's your weekend looking? ;)

aaAAh awesome. Yeah, my weekend is gonna be okay i suppose. I don't work either. :D
I just want this month to hurry up so that i can start school already. And, i also want the AO to hurry up and start too. ;)

I also wish that more people would have showed up, but im sure there will be a lot of people showing up in the TAThering during the AO. At least, I would hope so.

oploskoffie
01-06-2007, 02:59 AM
aaAAh awesome. Yeah, my weekend is gonna be okay i suppose. I don't work either. :D
I just want this month to hurry up so that i can start school already. And, i also want the AO to hurry up and start too. ;)

I also wish that more people would have showed up, but im sure there will be a lot of people showing up in the TAThering during the AO. At least, I would hope so.

I think there will be, even though the timediff might get in the way a bit for some. Ach, should be some fun to be had either way ;)

When is your bedtime by the way? ;D

Jay
01-06-2007, 03:07 AM

I think there will be, even though the timediff might get in the way a bit for some. Ach, should be some fun to be had either way ;)

When is your bedtime by the way? ;D

yeah..the Time diff. is gonna kill some people.

oh, and i just woke up. Well, sort of. I took a few naps. I have to be in L.A (Paramount, to be exact) for a nephew's b-day part by 5:00am. :D I'm gonna be back by 1:30 pm though for the TATCHAT tomorrow (Jeanne invited me to the TATCHAT you guys are gonna have) :D

oploskoffie
01-06-2007, 03:23 AM

oh, and i just woke up. Well, sort of. I took a few naps. I have to be in L.A (Paramount, to be exact) for a nephew's b-day part by 5:00am. :D I'm gonna be back by 1:30 pm though for the TATCHAT tomorrow (Jeanne invited me to the TATCHAT you guys are gonna have) :D

Paramount? The movie studios? :D Well hey, have fun then!

Ah, and Jean has grown tired of just talking to me I see ;D ;)

Jay
01-06-2007, 03:28 AM

Paramount? The movie studios? :D Well hey, have fun then!

Ah, and Jean has grown tired of just talking to me I see ;D ;)

hehe, no, not Paramount the movie studios..Paramount the city. It's in L.A county.

and LOLZ, no, she was telling me what time you two got off of TATCHAT yesterday and i was like "damn, i just barely missed you guys 'cause i got on a few minutes after that time", and she invited me after i asked what time, if you guys were gonna chat again, were you guys gonna chat. So, then, she invited me :D

oploskoffie
01-06-2007, 03:34 AM
hehe, no, not Paramount the movie studios..Paramount the city. It's in L.A county.

and LOLZ, no, she was telling me what time you two got off of TATCHAT yesterday and i was like "damn, i just barely missed you guys 'cause i got on a few minutes after that time", and she invited me after i asked what time, if you guys were gonna chat again, were you guys gonna chat. So, then, she invited me :D

Paramount is a city?

*learns something

And yeah, we will be chatting again. Somewhere between 11 and 12 PM your time.... ;D

Kidding ;)