PDA

View Full Version : Arcade is currently disabled

Kirkus
02-22-2012, 09:35 PM
The software that operates our Arcade has been quarantined by the people who distribute it. This means that they've either discovered or have had reports of a major security flaw in the software.

I've had to disable the arcade until the security flaw is addressed and a new version of the Arcade is made available.

ADMINS/STAFF: You might still have permissions enabling you to view and play arcade games. Please don't do so until I've re-enabled it.

JTContinental
02-23-2012, 12:36 PM
My work day has gotten so much more boring...

Kirkus
02-23-2012, 02:23 PM
My work day has gotten so much more boring...
I am so sorry. :(

These things are usually fixed pretty quick and I'm checking the website every hour or so.

PeterSkan
02-24-2012, 10:57 AM
Suffering from AAWS [Acute Arcade Withdrawal Syndrome]

morct
02-24-2012, 02:27 PM
Suffering from AAWS [Acute Arcade Withdrawal Syndrome]

My house is looking way too clean…

Kirkus
02-24-2012, 05:37 PM
I'm sorry you guys :(

I'm still waiting to hear back about an update.

Kirkus
02-24-2012, 05:53 PM
From the developer:

ibProArcade v2.7.2+ coming

This version fixes the security-problem and will be released within the next 24 hours, after the staff here verified it is ok http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif

Kirkus
02-25-2012, 08:14 PM
There are a lot of pissed off forum administrators... the fix still hasn't been released. I'm checking every few hours. As soon as it's released I'll get our arcade updated and back online.

PeterSkan
02-25-2012, 08:18 PM
There are a lot of pissed off forum administrators... the fix still hasn't been released. I'm checking every few hours. As soon as it's released I'll get our arcade updated and back online.

I think we need an arcade smilie

Kirkus
02-28-2012, 08:20 AM
A new version, with the security problem fixed, was made available overnight. As soon as I get the office open this morning, upgrading our arcade and getting it back online will be my first priority.

We should be back up and running in a few hours. :)

JTContinental
02-28-2012, 09:27 AM
My hero!

Kirkus
02-28-2012, 09:42 AM
My hero!
:cheesy:

::

The arcade has been upgraded and is back online!

Because this is an upgrade, there might be problems (doubtful). If you see any issues with the arcade please let me know by posting in this thread.

munchin
02-28-2012, 10:43 AM

Because this is an upgrade, there might be problems (doubtful). If you see any issues with the arcade please let me know by posting in this thread.

Yay! I had just discovered Magic Towers Solitaire and I'm excited that I can get back to losing time to it (god it's fun).

Kirkus
02-28-2012, 10:46 AM
Yay! I had just discovered Magic Towers Solitaire and I'm excited that I can get back to losing time to it (god it's fun).
I know! I won't start playing it unless I know I have a lot of time to kill. :yes:

waylandboy-tw
03-04-2012, 09:59 AM

I have noticed on Quick Words that they don't accept scores when you try to submit.

Kirkus
03-04-2012, 05:47 PM
I have noticed on Quick Words that they don't accept scores when you try to submit.
Do you receive any kind of error or message, wayland?

waylandboy-tw
03-04-2012, 05:58 PM
Do you receive any kind of error or message, wayland?

Yes, each time it said your score would not be saved.

Kirkus
03-04-2012, 09:01 PM
Hmmm. Let me look into it. Sorry about this.

Omegadoom
03-06-2012, 10:39 PM

Kirk, I had this same experience earlier today with this game. :(

Kirkus
03-06-2012, 10:54 PM

Yikes! And I've been so busy I haven't yet been able to look into it.

Having said that, the first thing to try (which I was going to do myself) is to log out of the forum and log back in, then try it.

Kirkus
03-07-2012, 10:41 AM

Yikes! And I've been so busy I haven't yet been able to look into it.

Having said that, the first thing to try (which I was going to do myself) is to log out of the forum and log back in, then try it.Okey dokey then. That didn't work. Still looking into it. :)

Kirkus
03-07-2012, 03:41 PM
I've spent several hours today researching this issue on several tech forums. I've done everything that was suggested including removing and reinstalling the game. Nothing has fixed the problem.

I guess the recent security patch on the arcade has broken it. I don't know if any other games are affected. The few that I've played since the upgrade have worked alright.

It looks like we might lose this one.

:(

waylandboy-tw
03-07-2012, 05:01 PM
I've spent several hours today researching this issue on several tech forums. I've done everything that was suggested including removing and reinstalling the game. Nothing has fixed the problem.

I guess the recent security patch on the arcade has broken it. I don't know if any other games are affected. The few that I've played since the upgrade have worked alright.

Oh boy, we may permanently lose atlpam and omegadoom too.;)

PeterSkan
03-07-2012, 08:37 PM
lol - the Leaderboard is officially whack

Omegadoom
03-07-2012, 11:05 PM

Boo, if ya cant save this one! :(

atlpam
03-08-2012, 04:56 AM

Can we keep it even if it won't register scores? On the other hand, I might actually get chores done around the house if it goes... :o

Kirkus
03-08-2012, 09:24 AM
Let me diddle-fart around with it some more and see what I can do. We can certainly keep it in the Arcade, but it would be nice if I could fix the scoring. I'll do some more research.

It might just be a case of waiting for enough people to complain about some of the games not scoring after the upgrade before the powers that be make a fix.

Omegadoom
03-08-2012, 11:32 PM
Keep trying Kirk, and thanks for doing so. :)

Theres at least 3 of us who are hoping you can get it corrected! ;)

Kirkus
03-09-2012, 01:09 PM
Keep trying Kirk, and thanks for doing so. :)

Theres at least 3 of us who are hoping you can get it corrected! ;)
Yeah, it's a pretty popular game. I'll keep looking into it. I'm busy right now with our IW Coverage but will not forget about this.

Omegadoom
03-10-2012, 12:20 AM
Yeah, it's a pretty popular game. I'll keep looking into it. I'm busy right now with our IW Coverage but will not forget about this.

Thats cool.......thank ya, thank ya, thank ya! :woot:

PeterSkan
03-13-2012, 08:40 AM

21/12 = 2.56

I love the new arcade math

lol

Kirkus
03-13-2012, 09:12 AM

21/12 = 2.56

I love the new arcade math

lol
Yikes! I love updates. :mad:

Kirkus
03-21-2012, 02:58 PM
OK. Let's see if I can figure this out now.

Kirkus
03-22-2012, 10:53 AM
I'm sorry, guys. I've done everything I can to fix the scoring problem with Quick Words. It's just not compatible with the security upgrade I had to do.

I've installed a similar game, Spellbound (http://www.talkabouttennis.com/forum/arcade.php?&act=Arcade&do=play&gameid=72), and have tested it for scoring. Hopefully this will be a good alternative.

If it is, let me know... I'd like to remove Quick Words from the Arcade. :(

Bormaley
03-23-2012, 04:08 AM
that's seriously

PeterSkan
03-23-2012, 07:52 AM
I'm sorry, guys. I've done everything I can to fix the scoring problem with Quick Words. It's just not compatible with the security upgrade I had to do.

I've installed a similar game, Spellbound (http://www.talkabouttennis.com/forum/arcade.php?&act=Arcade&do=play&gameid=72), and have tested it for scoring. Hopefully this will be a good alternative.

If it is, let me know... I'd like to remove Quick Words from the Arcade. :(

I played Spellbound a few times last night. It's ok, but I don't get why one of the 7 letters you only get to use once. Also had several combinations of letters with minimal options for composing words. Worst of all, I had the same line-up of letters multiple times. What's up with that?

All in all, inferior to Quick Words, though it had its problems too. I like that Spellbound is a time limited game.

Omegadoom
03-23-2012, 10:02 AM
I played Spellbound a few times last night. It's ok, but I don't get why one of the 7 letters you only get to use once. Also had several combinations of letters with minimal options for composing words. Worst of all, I had the same line-up of letters multiple times. What's up with that?

All in all, inferior to Quick Words, though it had its problems too. I like that Spellbound is a time limited game.

Definitely not as much fun as Quick words, not even close, but I guess us beggers cant be choosers, lol! ;)

Thanks a lot for trying to fix Quick words though Kirk, its very much appreciated! :)

Omegadoom
03-23-2012, 10:03 AM
that's seriously

Dude, it IS that seriously! :cheesy:

Kirkus
03-23-2012, 10:09 AM
There are several other similar games available. I'll get a few more installed and you guys can decide which one(s) to keep. :)

JTContinental
03-23-2012, 10:39 AM
I actually liked Spellbound better, because it doesn't take 5000 hours to play.