PDA

View Full Version : My Team

Sebastien447
04-18-2005, 10:19 AM
I live near Denver and the Rockies are pretty much the worst team in MLB this year.

How's the baseball in your neck of the woods?

shtexas
04-18-2005, 10:27 AM
Texas Rangers (who I am watching right now) are a pretty mediocre 6-7 so far. But, that is only 1/2 game back as the rest of the division is 6-6. They are not hitting and their pitching is suspect. People here expect us to improve on our 89-73 record from last year, but I thought we overachieved last year. We started this year missing two of our best bullpen pitchers - one to injury and the other because of a family tragedy. One is back now. So, if we start hitting, I am optimistic we will play ok, but are not a threat to win the division.

Funny, while I am typing, the announcers just said most teams in MLB are knotted up, but only the Rockies have started out really poorly.

Sebastien447
04-18-2005, 10:41 AM
Wasn't last year the Ranger's first without A Rod?

and wasn't the whole organization out to prove something?

shtexas
04-18-2005, 10:50 AM
Yep. A-Rod left and told Sports Illustrated that if he had known it was going to be him and a bunch of kids, he never would have come here. So, the "kids" were out to prove something. When we beat the Yankees at a game I was at last year, I remember they played The Who's "The Kids Are Allright".

More importantly, I felt the team wasn't looking to one player for leadership. All the players had to step up. The chemistry changed for the better.

Sebastien447
04-26-2005, 09:26 AM
Actually am an Oriole fan. They've been crappy for a long time, but boy oh boy they had some great teams in the 70s!

The Os look good right now, but they started like this last year, so I'm going to wait to get excited.

Sebastien447
04-27-2005, 08:31 AM
METS! It seems everyone here likes a sucky team. Although this year the Mets will emerge as the champs. Bets no offense but the Cubs? Come on now. If youre going to root Chicago root for the Sox.

As for ARod, what a royal arse! Yankees have always been some arrogant smug better than you kind of team thats why i went with the underdogs, METS!

Cool ... I'll be a Mets fan after the move.

Sorry doll, could never root for the evil empire!

shtexas
04-29-2005, 01:26 AM
Most of my relatives that live up in the New York/New Jersey area are Mets fans. I always liked the Mets. Even the so-called "bad boys" team of the late 80's.

sportfan92
04-29-2005, 07:08 AM
I'll probably get a lot of hatred from most of you but my favorite team is the yankees :D........my relatives and family have rooted for them.......I live in NY......my favorite player is derek jeter......and I love the passion people have for baseball in NY

shtexas
04-30-2005, 04:48 AM
I am going to a Rangers game tonight. We play the champs.

PeterSkan
05-08-2005, 03:56 PM
Only two threads inthis category - prrof positive this is not a baseball board. lol

Was a huge 'Spo's fan from their inception. And you knowwhat - the all-time Expo's team would be a cinch for a World Series title - which they should have won in 1994!!!!

So I guess I'm gonna root for the new Washington franchise [after the Blue Jays, that is}

shtexas
05-22-2005, 10:11 AM
Rangers swept the Astros this weekend! [smiley=overhead_clap.gif]

shtexas
05-26-2005, 12:16 PM
Rangers swept the Royals. Six in a row!

sportfan92
05-26-2005, 12:25 PM
hey guess what?

the yankees are 15-2 in their last game. Hooray!

sportfan92
05-26-2005, 12:26 PM
http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/multimedia/tp_archive.jsp?c_id=nyy

go to may 25th

and click on Jeter's spectacular Catch

see it for yourself. I've seen it a thousand times and I have to say the guy is simply remarkable.

sportfan92
05-27-2005, 09:16 AM
I saw it they were talking about it on PTI. I dont know its not that amazing. I oculd do it.... ::)

LOL.....I played baseball before and it's not quite as easy as everyone thinks it is. ;)

if you gave me million chances to make that kind of catch with collision I would probably make it handful of times. :D

shtexas
06-01-2005, 04:38 AM
My Rangers have won 9 in a row! They are 30-20 now and in first place in the AL West. Plus, right now, they are doing it with hitting, fielding and pitching. Usually, our winning streaks are all about hitting.

sportfan92
06-01-2005, 07:17 AM
My Rangers have won 9 in a row! They are 30-20 now and in first place in the AL West. Plus, right now, they are doing it with hitting, fielding and pitching. Usually, our winning streaks are all about hitting.

my yankees are having tough time with the Orioles and Sox. our division title streak might come to an end.