PDA

View Full Version : 2012 AO SkanTest

PeterSkan
01-08-2012, 07:32 PM
'Allo Mates -

No time like the present to plug the upcoming AO SkanTest. And the place to start is by creating this thread. So this will be the official TAT thread for the 2012 AO SkanTest.

I think the rules are the same as for the USO, although there's been a lot of talk about exploring some alternatives. Anyway, I'll wait a day or so before posting the link. It's usually wise to wait until the draw comes out, though of course it doesn't hurt to get your team in early since you can always edit it.

My usual tip of the hat to the great team at TAT for letting me post this thread here. TAT posters have kind of dominated in recent years, so there's a rep to uphold!!

And, of course, newcomers are always welcome! So give it a try.

Thanks, everybody, and best wishes to all contestants.

Peter

PeterSkan
01-12-2012, 03:33 PM
Hey - the AO SkanTest is up and running. the draw's out. All that's left is for each of you to put in your team entries. Go for it!

Here's the link:

http://www.tennisgamers.com/board/skanteams.php?t_name=2012_AO_SkanCanTest

Just click on the View/Update My team button and you should be set to go. If you aren't registered there, it only takes a sec.

Best wishes to all contestants

Peter

PeterSkan
01-12-2012, 03:45 PM
Well ... ok *technically* the draw isn't *quite* out yet, but will be in short order.

That needn't stop you from posting your teams to start. You sure don't want to enter and find someone has beat you to the punch with your preferred team.

And don't forget to post using the ranking table on the entry page rather than the tournament seeding!

PeterSkan
01-13-2012, 08:46 PM
bump for 22 entries. Let's keep them coming

Woody
01-13-2012, 11:33 PM
Is the Serena Rule still in effect, or is it back to 30 for all 6? The rules on the site make it look like the latter...

PeterSkan
01-14-2012, 06:50 AM
Is the Serena Rule still in effect, or is it back to 30 for all 6? The rules on the site make it look like the latter...

I think those are out of date. But it's whatever the entry protocol will allow ... I think 15-seed rule for each of WTA and ATP

Ribbons
01-14-2012, 07:46 AM
15-seed rule is definitely in effect. (Tried to enter a 13-total ATP slate and it wouldn't let me. :o)

Woody
01-14-2012, 08:50 AM
K, thanks. I'm in!

PeterSkan
01-14-2012, 10:23 AM
bump for TAT: get em in!!!

PeterSkan
01-14-2012, 04:32 PM
For anyone not familiar with the contest, there is a prize for the winner. I already have the prizes in hand for all of 2012, so they will be shipped out early. As usual, a modest selection personally selected by me from the product lines of the Royal Canadian Mint.

IMHO what I've chosen is the best yet. So much so that I bought five of them ... one for each slam and one for myself. Mind you, I will substitute a different prize if anyone happens to win more than one slam this year.

So get those entries in TAT !!!

PeterSkan
01-14-2012, 09:04 PM
bump for 40 teams so far. C'mon, TAT, let's make it 50!

Martini4me
01-15-2012, 06:30 AM
Poor Caroline! Top seed and picked on less than 10% of the teams thus far.

PeterSkan
01-15-2012, 07:03 AM
The clock's ticking ... 47 teams and counting. Don't find yourself on the sidelines!! Take a couple of minutes and enter your team and join the fun.

New England Nitemare
01-15-2012, 08:09 AM
I tried to register several times, kept getting a server error 500, I think. Plus when I tried to re register it said me e-mail address was already in use, also my username was in use. Help!!

PeterSkan
01-15-2012, 12:56 PM
I tried to register several times, kept getting a server error 500, I think. Plus when I tried to re register it said me e-mail address was already in use, also my username was in use. Help!!

Ace says:

They can send an email to commish@tennisgamers.com
We'll help resolve the issue.

and

PeterSkan wrote: Ace -
Not sure if you are aware of this, but folks who have forgotten their passwords are unable to get a new one to log in so they can enter their teams. Clicking the "I forgot my Password" button just returns an error message. Is there anything to be done?

The way to resolve the issue if for them give you their valid email, where a new password can be sent by the system.
If you give me their names and the new emails, I'll update their profile.

I they don't want to do that, they should sign up with a new name. then tell us what the old name is. We'll simply swap the 2 names so that they don't lose their previous stats.

They can sent their emails addresses to you or to me at commish@tennisgamers.com
If they sent it to you, just pass it to me in the private message here.

thanks.
I think it would be more efficient to send the emails directly to Ace. As a back up I can be copied at skan_can@yahoo.ca, but the important thing is to make sure that Ace gets notified directly.

Peter

PeterSkan
01-15-2012, 03:10 PM
Bump for down to the wire and 65 teams! Keep 'em coming!

evil_juju
01-15-2012, 03:44 PM
Im in it to win it!!

PeterSkan
01-15-2012, 03:53 PM
Im in it to win it!!

Hey - I see you got Manic in the mix. Good for you. I didn't have the courage and I'm Canadian!

evil_juju
01-15-2012, 04:02 PM
Hey - I see you got Manic in the mix. Good for you. I didn't have the courage and I'm Canadian!

I'm crossing my fingers! :shocked:

Woody
01-16-2012, 04:51 PM
Ok, I thought I knew how this was calculated. I can't find the full formulas though. So DelPo wins 2-6, 6-1, 7-5, 6-4, so a total of 21-16, or +5. He is #6 on tinamarie's list, so no multiplier. But she only gets +3 domination for him.

Is there another factor I'm missing?

patrick
01-16-2012, 05:12 PM
Ok, I thought I knew how this was calculated. I can't find the full formulas though. So DelPo wins 2-6, 6-1, 7-5, 6-4, so a total of 21-16, or +5. He is #6 on tinamarie's list, so no multiplier. But she only gets +3 domination for him.

Is there another factor I'm missing?

+5 divided by 4 (played sets) = 1.25 then multiplied by 3 sets which equals 3.75 and I do not think it is rounded up. Afterwards, at the 6th player, multiplier is 1.

omess
01-21-2012, 07:29 AM
Good first week

PeterSkan
01-23-2012, 06:29 PM
Not sure if I can do this here or not, but since I have the prizes for 2012 already on hand, I thought you guys might like to see what you're competing for:

http://www.mint.ca/store/campaign/hansen_tab1.jsp?lang=en_CA&rcmeid=van_rickhansen

Good luck the rest of the way

Drop-shot
01-23-2012, 06:32 PM
MY PRECIOUSSSSSSSSSSS!!!

;)

PeterSkan
01-23-2012, 06:42 PM
MY PRECIOUSSSSSSSSSSS!!!

;)

lol SOrry - it won't make you invisible if you put it on!

Martini4me
01-25-2012, 06:44 AM
Wooo. I'm in first place heading into the home stretch. I have a seven-point lead over Cibulkova, and then it's a big gap to the pack of teams further back. Cibulkova and I have the same six players, just ordered slightly differently. I have Kvitova as my number 1, so her success (or lack thereof) will most likely decide the contest.

A dark horse might be fourth-place Kunalwalia. This is the ONLY team in the top ten with either Nadal or Sharapova. If those players win tonight/tomorrow, I assume s/he would leap into first place. 15th-place Bhar11 has Nadal as their number 1. I don't know/understand the scoring enough to know whether a Nadal/Clijsters combo could possibly push him/her to the top. I think all the other teams are too similar to the top two (or crippled by the loss of Serena) to be able to make up enough ground.

ptmcmahon
01-25-2012, 07:13 AM
Wooo. I'm in first place heading into the home stretch. I have a seven-point lead over Cibulkova, and then it's a big gap to the pack of teams further back.

We have real WTA players in the contest this time? :)

Martini4me
01-25-2012, 07:32 AM
And she had the good sense not to pick herself!

ptmcmahon
01-26-2012, 04:00 AM
If Fed loses ... then I will have lost one of my players in all 3 matches today. Doh.

PeterSkan
01-26-2012, 05:53 AM
Wooo. I'm in first place heading into the home stretch. I have a seven-point lead over Cibulkova, and then it's a big gap to the pack of teams further back. Cibulkova and I have the same six players, just ordered slightly differently. I have Kvitova as my number 1, so her success (or lack thereof) will most likely decide the contest.

A dark horse might be fourth-place Kunalwalia. This is the ONLY team in the top ten with either Nadal or Sharapova. If those players win tonight/tomorrow, I assume s/he would leap into first place. 15th-place Bhar11 has Nadal as their number 1. I don't know/understand the scoring enough to know whether a Nadal/Clijsters combo could possibly push him/her to the top. I think all the other teams are too similar to the top two (or crippled by the loss of Serena) to be able to make up enough ground.

Good analysis! I believe Kunalwalia is the only contestant with the possibility of having all four finalists, and that is dependent on Nole beating Murray. There were only 4 with Maria, 32 I think with Vika.

I have been impressed with how solidly Kunalwalia has stayed at or near the top despite losing a player early.