PDA

View Full Version : My Texas Rangers

shtexas
07-06-2005, 10:49 AM
:(

They are falling apart. It started with a minor fight in the dug-out between Rod Barajas and Ryan Drese (oddly, it was Kenny Rogers that blocked the camera from seeing the whole fight). Then, they let Drese go. Which was a surprise since Astacio was the starting pitcher that looked terrible. The team was confused. They started losing. Then, they let Astacio go. Then, they started losing some more. Then, Kenny Rogers misses a start because of a finger injury to his non-throwing hand. Then, the press questions his motives. The press is already mad because Rogers hasn't given them an interview all year because Rogers is mad at the press because they said Rogers wouldn't show at spring training due to a contract dispute (which was not true).
Then, Rogers attacks a cameraman and we get all that terrible press. He gets a big suspension that is under appeal. Today, he apologizes to the fans, his teammates and his family. The press here is now on him because he didn't apologize to the Texas Rangers. It must mean something, the press say. Meanwhile, we are distracted and losing.

:'(

sportfan92
07-06-2005, 11:49 AM
what's up with Rogers, shtexas?

I mean, is that even allowed? to hurt the cameraman or anyone involved as media?

what's his problem. does taking pictures bother him that badly. absolutely unclassy.

hey on the positive note, teixeira finally beat tino martinez for 1B all star spot. teixeira deserves it!!! there is no reason for tino to get in.

shtexas
07-07-2005, 06:03 AM
There is no excuse for what Rogers did. Those cameramen were in the same spots they always are when the team goes out to stretch.

I will say this is highly unusual behavior for him. I think he is ticked at the press for twice attacking him for what he feels is no reason.

Teixeira is terrific and deserves the spot. He is a future superstar. Too bad we won't be able to afford him and your Yankees will snatch him up. >:(

shtexas
07-25-2005, 12:29 AM
They have collapsed. :'(

sportfan92
07-25-2005, 01:15 AM
They have collapsed. :'(
WOW....you're not the only disheartened one.

my yanks lost 3 out of 4 to the angels, whom Joe Torre, our manager, has the worst winning percentage all time against.

jeeeez...there is this "something" that always jinxes us when going against the angels. we could easily have won the first game but Guerrero hit a grand slam to finish us off. had that not happened, it could have at least been a split.

gosh....I hate the angels.>:(

shtexas
07-25-2005, 06:22 AM
Yankees have had trouble with the Angels for a while now. Must be a style match-up. But, you hit the nail on the head mentioning Guerrero. He has been a Rangers killer and almost every other team killer. The Angels dipped a bit this year when Guerrero was out of the line-up.

sportfan92
07-25-2005, 10:16 AM
Yankees have had trouble with the Angels for a while now. Must be a style match-up. But, you hit the nail on the head mentioning Guerrero. He has been a Rangers killer and almost every other team killer. The Angels dipped a bit this year when Guerrero was out of the line-up.

I know....what a guy.

not only does he hit the rangers well but against my yankees too.

I don't think you would know in detail what happened since you've been watching the A's-Rangers games.

the first game, yanks were up 5-2 and he hits a grand slam to put the angels 6-5 and win.

the third game, yanks were up 3-1 at one point and he hits a 3-run HR to put the angels 4-3.

the final game, the angels may have lost 4-1, but he produced the only RBI.

Guerrero just does it all. and imagine being an AL west fan like yourself. you have to face a scary guy like that in routine basis.......