PDA

View Full Version : Predictions : Hopman Cup

patrick
12-27-2011, 05:38 AM
This contest is closed to new participants. If you participated in the contest since January 1,2010 or you signed up on or before Saturday December 24,2011, you are eligible to participate.

We have the Hopman Cup to predict which is our first Bonus category event of 2012.

Please read the following carefully as it presents important information about posting and updating draws/brackets.

Pre-deadline Draws

We will post links to the brackets for each event as quickly as possible after the draws are available. This will allow individuals who have to post predictions very early because of travel or other commitments to complete a bracket that at least has the opportunity to earn some points rather than missing out entirely. If you want to submit your bracket before the prediction draw is set, you will need to use the drop-down menus to do so.

After posting the initial draw(s), we will do our best to update them in a timely manner. Meanwhile, it will be your responsibility to monitor official draws and match results to ensure your predictions are based on the most accurate information. Again, we will do our best, but ultimate responsibility for accessing the most recent information falls upon you.

Submitting Your Predictions and Deadlines

Please use the following brackets to submit your predictions. Again, it is to your advantage to wait until as many matches have been completed as possible to submit your predictions. After you submit your predictions, you are free to change them by re-submitting your revised bracket. Once the deadline passes for an event, no additional predictions—either original or revised—will be accepted. Again, remember to enter your TAT handle correctly and to provide a valid email address to which you want your confirmation sent (not hotmail or msn).

HOPMAN CUP BRACKET AND DEADLINE

http://www.talkabouttennis.com/contests/pc2012/brackets/010212HOPMANCUP.htm Predictions will be due before start of play on Saturday at 9:30 AM local (Friday at 8:30 PM USA EST - 5:30 PM USA PST)

For Hopman Cup, no score of the final tie is required like it is for round robin play.

PICKS:
After the deadlines pass, you will be able to find everyone's picks at:
http://www.talkabouttennis.com/contests/pc2012/results/010212allpicks.htm

Please see the official rules thread (http://www.talkabouttennis.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20180)for additional instructions and guidance to ensure your predictions are submitted properly.

Martini4me
12-27-2011, 06:09 AM
I will not miss Hopman Cup this year.

I will ont miss Hopman Cup this ....

Jason11E
12-27-2011, 01:16 PM
Is there a place I can find who is representing each country this year? I'm going to attempt to make "educated" predictions this year :)

Miles
12-27-2011, 01:19 PM
Is there a place I can find who is representing each country this year? I'm going to attempt to make "educated" predictions this year :)

Ti has set up a Hopman Cup thread, like she does for all other tournaments. Just search for it and it should come right up.

It also has an official tournament website.

patrick
12-27-2011, 01:43 PM
Ti has set up a Hopman Cup thread, like she does for all other tournaments. Just search for it and it should come right up.

It also has an official tournament website.

http://hopmancup.com/Teams-Schedule.html

ptmcmahon
12-28-2011, 08:05 AM
I will not miss Hopman Cup this year.

I will ont miss Hopman Cup this ....

I picked it now because I knew I would forget otherwise

omess
12-29-2011, 02:04 PM
Go Kvitova & Berdych

shtexas
12-29-2011, 02:08 PM
Go Kvitova & Berdych

They are kinda the obvious choice, which is why I went with France. :rolleyes:

With the US losing in the finals. :o

Miles
12-29-2011, 03:21 PM
They are kinda the obvious choice, which is why I went with France. :rolleyes:

With the US losing in the finals. :o

Robredo and MJMS won last year, and Hrbaty and Domi won the year before. This is an exo after all and weird results are the norm, especially as the week progresses.

patrick
12-30-2011, 07:36 AM
Less than 10 hours before Hopman Cup starts

kandi
12-30-2011, 08:38 AM
Robredo and MJMS won last year, and Hrbaty and Domi won the year before. This is an exo after all and weird results are the norm, especially as the week progresses.

That was in 2010 -

In 2011:
USA Wins Sixth Hyundai Hopman Cup
8/01/2011

PeterSkan
12-30-2011, 08:56 AM
I'm not sure how Hopman Cup works. Is it best 2 out of 3 [M vs M; F vs. F; Mixed Doubles] but if a country wins both singles matches they forego the doubles match?

kandi
12-30-2011, 09:08 AM
I'm not sure how Hopman Cup works. Is it best 2 out of 3 [M vs M; F vs. F; Mixed Doubles] but if a country wins both singles matches they forego the doubles match?

No, they almost always play the doubles --

patrick
12-30-2011, 04:40 PM
Less than one hour to go...