PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with our server?

Kirkus
12-15-2011, 11:14 AM
Is anyone else having trouble connecting to our Forum or other websites (protennisnews.net or tennisphotographs.com)?

shtexas
12-15-2011, 11:21 AM
Is anyone else having trouble connecting to our Forum or other websites (protennisnews.net or tennisphotographs.com)?

Nope

Kirkus
12-15-2011, 11:32 AM
Yikes! I think it might be my internet connection then. I've been trouble shooting the server and talking to tech-support and they can't find anything wrong.

I'll bet it's on my end and I've wasted the last 1/2 hour trying to fix a server problem that wasn't there.

:wall:

Ti-Amie
12-15-2011, 02:01 PM
No.

Kirkus
12-15-2011, 02:12 PM
Thanks you guys.

I don't what was up but everything is fine now. Sorry for the false alarm.

moonball64
07-30-2014, 03:01 PM
I was moonball64 up to Wimbledon. When you changed servers, moonball64 did not work.

Somehow I got back to dairey1, which I had before moonball64.

I hope this makes sense!

Is there anyway I can get back to moonball64?

I will check back to see your reply.

Can I just sign up for a NEW account and use moonball64?

Thanks, dairey1(formerly moonball64)

Kirkus
07-30-2014, 03:22 PM
I was moonball64 up to Wimbledon. When you changed servers, moonball64 did not work.

Somehow I got back to dairey1, which I had before moonball64.

I hope this makes sense!

Is there anyway I can get back to moonball64?

I will check back to see your reply.

Can I just sign up for a NEW account and use moonball64?

Thanks, dairey1(formerly moonball64)

Hi dairey1 (moonball64). You could create a NEW account using moonball64, but you'd have to use a different email address. So the easiest thing to do would be to let me change your username on this account from dairey1 to moonball64. Let me know if you want me to do that and I'll email you your new login information.

moonball64
08-10-2014, 04:17 PM
K, thanks for the reply. Sorry I am so slow, I was traveling on vacation.

Yes, that would be great to have you change dairey1 to moonball64.

Thanks so much. TAT is totally cool. I let all my friends know about it.

Kirkus
08-10-2014, 04:47 PM
K, thanks for the reply. Sorry I am so slow, I was traveling on vacation.

Yes, that would be great to have you change dairey1 to moonball64.

Thanks so much. TAT is totally cool. I let all my friends know about it.

:thumbsup:

shtexas
08-21-2014, 08:31 AM
Is the page loading slow for anyone else. Last night, at home, on google chrome and internet explorer, it was taking 3-5 minutes to load a page. I couldn't even get here to ask. I gave up. This morning at home, it was faster - about a minute to load a page. Now, I come to work and it takes about a minute to load a page.

shtexas
08-21-2014, 08:34 AM
Is the page loading slow for anyone else. Last night, at home, on google chrome and internet explorer, it was taking 3-5 minutes to load a page. I couldn't even get here to ask. I gave up. This morning at home, it was faster - about a minute to load a page. Now, I come to work and it takes about a minute to load a page.

And my quick reply took almost a minute, and before I knew if the post went through or not, it asked if I wished to leave the page. I first said no, then hit post quick reply again and it asked again. Then, I said leave the page and the page that loaded had my post. Weird.

shtexas
08-21-2014, 08:35 AM
And, now it's moving fine. Very strange. I ended having a dream about it, where I couldn't create and move my suicide pool thread and wondered if someone else did. LOL!

Drop-shot
08-21-2014, 08:57 AM
And, now it's moving fine. Very strange. I ended having a dream about it, where I couldn't create and move my suicide pool thread and wondered if someone else did. LOL!

:cheesy:

Kirkus
08-21-2014, 09:29 AM
I had the same problem last night, shtexas. The exact same problem. I posted on Facebook asking other TATeurs if they were having trouble, but no did. I also wasn't able to connect to any of the other sites I have on the server.

I had tech support look into it and they said there was nothing wrong with the server or websites.

This morning, so far anyway, it seems to be fine.

shtexas
08-21-2014, 09:36 AM
I had the same problem last night, shtexas. The exact same problem. I posted on Facebook asking other TATeurs if they were having trouble, but no did. I also wasn't able to connect to any of the other sites I have on the server.

I had tech support look into it and they said there was nothing wrong with the server or websites.

This morning, so far anyway, it seems to be fine.

When I got to work, I realized I never logged out last night. Then, some trouble until after the first post above. Then, smooth sailing.

Kirkus
08-21-2014, 09:50 AM
Let's keep out fingers crossed. This would be The Worst time to have this kind of trouble. :yes:

Madame
08-22-2014, 03:00 PM
yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah we're back ... :)
and everything working fine
kiss to all

shtexas
12-15-2016, 08:57 AM
My ability to get in and post is spotty for a week now. That is the case home computer, work computer, my phone, different wifis and even with wifi turned off. I cannot even reach the site on my computers. Right now, I am on my phone with wifi off.

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

Kirkus
12-15-2016, 06:12 PM
My ability to get in and post is spotty for a week now. That is the case home computer, work computer, my phone, different wifis and even with wifi turned off. I cannot even reach the site on my computers. Right now, I am on my phone with wifi off.

Any chance it could be a problem in your area? Are you having trouble with any other sites, or just TAT?

I'm not having any trouble at all.

Anyone else?

ptmcmahon
12-15-2016, 07:56 PM
Fine here...at work, home, on home laptop, work laptop, and cell phone.

atlpam
12-16-2016, 08:59 AM
Working fine for me - home Mac (Firefox), work PC (chrome), iPad (safari)

shtexas
12-17-2016, 11:22 AM
I think it has to do with AT&T. Home wifi is with them. Work as well. This is the only site I am having any trouble with at all. I turned off the wifi on my phone to post.

Kirkus
12-17-2016, 01:09 PM
I think it has to do with AT&T. Home wifi is with them. Work as well. This is the only site I am having any trouble with at all. I turned off the wifi on my phone to post.

That's not that strange that it would be just one site. I've had experiences like that where every site was fine except one, or maybe two. It might have something to do with where our server is located geographically and AT&T is having trouble with that geographic area (that's me thinking out loud).

I'm just curious, try going here: http://www.beachareastorage.com and here: http://www.fcos.org and maybe click around a little bit.

Are you having trouble with those 2 sites as well? These are a couple of sites that are hosted on our server.

Also, if you're on a computer browser, as opposed to your phone, there should be some indication of what's happening down at the bottom of the browser. Something like "Waiting for talkabouttennis.com" or "Resolving host". When it gets stuck, look down there and see what it says. I know I, and a few other TATeurs, have trouble sometimes when the TAT is trying to bring in ads from our ad server.

shtexas
12-17-2016, 03:37 PM
Right now, it is working again. I'll try those links when it cuts out.

tenedab
02-12-2017, 03:13 PM
I was not able to access this site for a while, maybe an hour, until just about 15min ago. It looked like a different site with the same name.

mysterX
02-12-2017, 05:04 PM
I was not able to access this site for a while, maybe an hour, until just about 15min ago. It looked like a different site with the same name.

Similar here. For a while I was getting either a blank page or a message saying the site was unavailable.

ptmcmahon
02-12-2017, 09:37 PM
Since yesterday am I haven't been able to access site on my work netWork, although I'm fine on my phone connected to "regular" internet.

Kirkus
02-13-2017, 09:56 AM
Something's up. You all had trouble yesterday and I'm having trouble this morning checking email.

Does everything seem alright for everyone today?

Ti-Amie
02-13-2017, 10:07 AM
So far, yes.

Kirkus
02-13-2017, 10:38 AM
I just got the generic page as if TAT didn't exist. It happened twice. After several minutes I was able to reach our forum. I double checked and I didn't forget to pay the bill. ;)

I've contacted our server support to see if they know what's going on.

Ti-Amie
02-13-2017, 10:42 AM
I have had a problem with double posts. I see one of Mariya's posts just did the same thing.

Kirkus
02-13-2017, 11:03 AM
I have had a problem with double posts. I see one of Mariya's posts just did the same thing.

Yikes. :(

Here's what I'm seeing (as are others, I assume) every so often:

I haven't taken a backup of our database in a while. I'm going to go do that real quick.

shtexas
02-13-2017, 11:06 AM
I had that for a little while, too. Now, all ok (obviously).

Kirkus
02-13-2017, 11:35 AM
When connecting to the internet via my cell as a hot-spot I get that page. When connecting to the internet with my crappy-slow AT&T DSL I get TAT.

Tech support got back to me and they're looking into it.

Kirkus
02-13-2017, 12:28 PM
Without getting too technical, it was a problem with my domain name server, it had nothing to do with TAT. The problem has been fixed but it could take up to 24 hours for everyone to no longer be affected.

Ti-Amie
02-13-2017, 12:30 PM
Thanks Kirk!

shtexas
02-13-2017, 12:46 PM
Back again.

skatingfan
02-13-2017, 03:18 PM
Thank goodness. I thought I was going to miss prediction deadlines again this week.;)

tenedab
02-14-2017, 04:48 AM
Still the same right now on Firefox but OK on Google Chrome.

Kirkus
02-14-2017, 09:11 AM
I'm OK on ATT&T DSL but not on Verizon.

I would have thought it would be squared away by now.

skatingfan
02-14-2017, 03:20 PM
I was on earlier and then went to post something and the site was gone. I can get on my phone without any problems but using my laptop seems hit and miss. Using Google Chrome on both devices.

Kirkus
02-14-2017, 06:31 PM
Yeah, I'm not sure what's up. I do appreciate the feedback in this thread though. I'm hoping it will clear up in the next day or so.

ptmcmahon
02-15-2017, 01:30 AM
Good for me now.

Kirkus
02-15-2017, 09:29 AM
Yeah. Me too (I'm pretty sure).