PDA

View Full Version : Palmeiro tested positive

sportfan92
08-01-2005, 10:19 AM
do you guys remember Bill Clinton's finger pointing?

well, that's the case right here. Palmeiro pointed his finger and stated that he never took steroids.

he tested positive on friday or something but since it was a HOF weekend, they wanted to save it until monday(today) to announce that MLB star has tested positive.

bad and disheartening news for orioles fans(Seb) :-/ I respected the guy and now the fans will have to look toward him as a mere cheater rather than a HOF caliber player who put history with 500HR-3000hits.

he still gets into HOF IMO.....too bad the HOF voters and fans will reconsider that.

Doll_Face
08-04-2005, 11:52 AM
Loser, loser with the big bushy mustache >:(

What are they doing to the wonderful game of sport. Disheartening to say the least ???

shtexas
08-04-2005, 12:04 PM
Jose Canseco's book is looking better by the second.

When the book came out, my brother thought it was interesting that Palmeiro was not a homerun/power hitter until just after Canseco arrived. He thought there may be some truth to what Canseco said about Palmeiro.

But, Canseco also fingered Pudge in his book, and Pudge didn't start hitting for power until about '99, many, many years after Canseco left Texas. So, maybe Pudge is clean? Please..somebody be on the up-and-up.

sportfan92
08-04-2005, 01:30 PM
I have to wonder if the 500/3000 would have been possible without the steroids.

I have so much trouble with sports anymore. 18 year olds just out of high school signing multi-million dollar contracts... steroid use by athletes who want the records so bad that they'll break the rules and risk there health... riots in the streets after important wins... little-league coaches paying children to assault other children.

Could we be anymore idotic?

he tested positive for stanozolol, a very dangerous anabolic steroids that can be detected easily.

and you probably have done much workouts as I have and have more knowledge about steroids than I do.

I don't understand it either......risking your health to play that kind of thing is absolutely pointless.

don't these guys even have kids? don't they want to see their kids get married and live for a longer time? it's such a foolish thing to do.

sportfan92
08-04-2005, 01:34 PM
Jose Canseco's book is looking better by the second.

When the book came out, my brother thought it was interesting that Palmeiro was not a homerun/power hitter until just after Canseco arrived. He thought there may be some truth to what Canseco said about Palmeiro.

But, Canseco also fingered Pudge in his book, and Pudge didn't start hitting for power until about '99, many, many years after Canseco left Texas. So, maybe Pudge is clean? Please..somebody be on the up-and-up.

your brother is right on the money then. Palmeiro in 93 started to produce HR's dramatically and he went on to hit 38 HR+ or more in 10 straight seasons. so it does seem like Palmeiro has been juicing most of his career. besides, it's really hard not to believe canseco when he said "I personally injected him"

but it's also interesting how he's still producing....he still hit 23 HR this season.

I don't know about Pudge......he said he decided to lose some weight and he lost about 20-30 lb; some say he lost 40lb. people started to accuse him of getting off the juice. is it literally possible to lose that much weight in one offseason? I don't believe it.........

but pudge has never been a power hitter anyway so it's really hard to accuse him. besides, his BA is still pretty decent.

You really don't know who is taking it or not. in fact, the ones that tested positive this year are mostly the players that we've never even heard of. you can't trust anyone in the league. :-/

shtexas
08-04-2005, 01:34 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050804/ap_on_sp_ba_ne/bba_drugs_palmeiro

Sebastien447
08-05-2005, 01:29 AM
ditto ...

and I'm getting sick and tired of "I didn't realize what I was taking."

::)

sportfan92
08-05-2005, 03:49 AM
ditto ...

and I'm getting sick and tired of "I didn't realize what I was taking."

::)

me too.

but it doesn't make sense. he had nothing to gain....he knew that, even without using steroids, he would have eventually gotten the 3000 hits.

why would he take steroids in a year that he went to the congress and testified the truth? it just doesn't make any sense.