PDA

View Full Version : Rumor....Clemens and Damon

sportfan92
08-18-2005, 10:27 AM
well I told you guys several days ago that Michael Kay said: two players tested positive. one from AL and one from NL. one is a pitcher and another is a position player. he also said one is a HOFer for sure and another one would crush the fans.

I guess it's Clemens and Damon......so many baseball fans are spreading the rumor and in fact, AP says Clemens and Damon are both in the process of appealing right now.

it will most likely be announced on friday or saturday. Jeeez....I am struck SPEECHLESS right now. I have no idea what to say. :-/ :-/ :-/

shtexas
08-18-2005, 10:35 AM
OMG! Wow! If this is true, I am beyond crushed.

TennisDude
08-18-2005, 11:10 AM
I agree with you shtexas wow!

Moose
08-18-2005, 11:16 AM
man that is huge. And hurts Houston in their wild card run if it is Clemens.

sportfan92
08-19-2005, 02:31 AM
OMG! Wow! If this is true, I am beyond crushed.

I know, but no surprise. Clemens is putting a beyond unimaginable season.....testing positive makes sense.

but gosh, why would he do such a thing. he already has 300 wins, 4000 k's, WS, and is already one of the greats. he has nothing to gain.

sportfan92
08-19-2005, 02:37 AM
Michael Kay said, if this is true, "it will bring baseball down to its knees"

wow....when he said "one is a HOFer for sure" I guess Clemens is the one he was talking about.

what about Damon? he is a huge fan favorite.....when he was in KC or Oakland, he looked smaller than he is right now but not by much.

and it was reported several weeks ago that Damon passed the test. Don't trust the rumor.....but still, it's making me nervous.

Moose
08-19-2005, 02:42 AM
would make sense if they announce it on a Friday. It's a common ploy for major (bad) news to get announced on a Friday, the logic being that people don't read newspapers or follow news on a Friday night/Saturday morning as they do during the week or Sunday.

I don't get why pitchers get caught up in the steroid mess, it really can't do all that much to improve their performance.

Damon really does sadden me though, he just seems like an all around fun guy who has absolute love for the game.

Doll_Face
08-19-2005, 04:16 AM
Oh man, that's ashame if it's true. Clemens has been the man for so long, how could he risk tarnishing his reputation now? And Damon has become a media darling since RedSox WS win.

I'll just have to wait until it's announced. :(