PDA

View Full Version : Shame on you, MEDIA

sportfan92
08-19-2005, 03:17 AM
Seriously, don't make up BS. this is all turning fans and players into bewilderment and frenzy, reminiscent of the witchcraft trial.

one big name player tested positive and now it's insanely engrossing fans to seek further for big name players that might have tested positive.

anyway, for those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about.....SORRY for the Damon and Clemens rumor.

according to a Ranger fan, he says he emailed a question about this rumor toward Richard Justice who is a personal friend of Bud Selig and he says "I spoke with Commissioner Selig about this topic earlier today. He says there's only one outstanding positive test. It's a low-profile player. Roger Clemens hasn't tested positive."

shame on you media....don't make things up. I wonder who the hell these reporters work for.

anyway, for baseball, I'll keep on updating news for you guys. at least we can be relieved.....so Clemens season is not steroids assisted after all. unbelievable.

Doll_Face
08-19-2005, 04:21 AM
Well thank you Sport. That IS good news.

Okay, who started the rumor and where did you hear it? I did hear that someone tested positive last week, but I didn't hear about the Clemens / Damon rumor until I read your thread. What's up with that?

BTW, the media is out of control >:(

sportfan92
08-19-2005, 06:09 AM
Well thank you Sport. That IS good news.

Okay, who started the rumor and where did you hear it? I did hear that someone tested positive last week, but I didn't hear about the Clemens / Damon rumor until I read your thread. What's up with that?

BTW, the media is out of control >:(

well someone told me that it was due to combination of internet rumor and columnist dispersing it. that's for the Clemens/Damon rumor.

Selig did say one player tested positive. but it's a low profile player.

shtexas
08-19-2005, 11:44 AM
"Major League Baseball officials received at least a dozen phone calls yesterday regarding a rumor MLB was about to announce that Roger Clemens and Johnny Damon had tested positive for steroids, with an announcement coming today. ''Total BS," one official said. MLB and the players' union had released a joint press release last week, vehemently denying that more prominent players had tested positive in the aftermath of Rafael Palmeiro's failed test."

-- Boston Globe

Thanks for keeping us up to date sportfan. The media should be ashamed.