PDA

View Full Version : Survivor: South Pacific *SPOILERS*

Kirkus
09-14-2011, 09:25 PM
I'm starting this now because I haven't seen the premier episode and I don't want to run into something about it in the "general" thread. ;)

MeganFernandez
09-14-2011, 09:46 PM
"Ozzy releases his coconuts!"

My favorite line, which might be hard to top this season even with Coach on the show. Or should I say, Coachakov? He speaks Russian?!

Runner-up for favorite line: "Mikayla is a scoring machine!" At that moment, Lil Hantz probably dropped whatever he was doing to stare lustily at her. "Next week, on.. Survivor! Brandon accuses Mikayla of bewitching the men of Umalu with wicked temptation. But his plan to burn her at the stake with his tribal-council torch falls apart when he uses the word "Mikayla" and "my torch" in the same sentence." (As Lil Hantzy Pants leers at her through some palm fronds,)

shtexas
09-14-2011, 09:57 PM
I'm starting this now because I haven't seen the premier episode and I don't want to run into something about it in the "general" thread. ;)

There's nothing there. Only that pesky show you hate. ;)

Kirkus
09-14-2011, 10:29 PM
There's nothing there. Only that pesky show you hate. ;)Nooooo!!! I don't hate it! :) I watched the first 3 or 4 seasons and really liked it. I just had to let some TV shows go. :yes:

Miles
09-14-2011, 11:17 PM
Well, first thought, same old Survivor, just a new season. Quite disappointed nothing particularly memorable happened. Not to mention this episode did not need to be 90-min. long.

Charlie02123
09-15-2011, 02:57 AM
"Ozzy releases his coconuts!"

My favorite line, which might be hard to top this season even with Coach on the show. Or should I say, Coachakov? He speaks Russian?!

Runner-up for favorite line: "Mikayla is a scoring machine!" At that moment, Lil Hantz probably dropped whatever he was doing to stare lustily at her. "Next week, on.. Survivor! Brandon accuses Mikayla of bewitching the men of Umalu with wicked temptation. But his plan to burn her at the stake with his tribal-council torch falls apart when he uses the word "Mikayla" and "my torch" in the same sentence." (As Lil Hantzy Pants leers at her through some palm fronds,)
:hyst:

Charlie02123
09-15-2011, 03:03 AM
I have to disagree with Miles completely. I thought this was an excellent first episode. I think this is the best cast they've had in years. It looks like there are a lot of smart competitors instead of the recent trend of ab-ulous morons.

There are several good stories cooking already. I love that Ozzy is attempting to be savvy. I think Cochran and Dawn and Papa Bear are all great great characters. On the other side, Coach made a great play by downplaying his abilities, pointing out the woman searching for the Idol (Christine?), and eventually making a pretty solid looking alliance. Brandon Hantz is way too immature for this game. Blaming his lust on a woman in a tank top and then lurking in bushes looking at her is hilarious.

I'm glad that the two veterans they brought back are such terrible players that they won't be able to dominate like Rob did. This season looks very promising.

MeganFernandez
09-15-2011, 08:05 AM

Whaddya wanna bet that Brandon releases his coconuts while ogling Mikayla sometime this season? Somehow he's choking out a denial of attraction, but you know all he thinks about is motorboating a certain tribemate.

He's also dying so tell someone his secret. I don't care how much he protests. The poor guy is living all kinds of lies.

Do you read Dalton Ross's recaps on EW.com? He was on set for the first few days of filming. Lots of good dish. Cochran evidently is bad at puzzles. Dude's in trouble.

I got a great vibe from this season, for exactly the reason Miles didn't. I prefer Survivor without changes. I wish they'd get rid of Redemption Island, and then it would be perfect again. I'm just so glad they are back to water challenges. It's not Survivor without them.

MeganFernandez
09-15-2011, 08:07 AM
I'm glad that the two veterans they brought back are such terrible players that they won't be able to dominate like Rob did. This season looks very promising.

They are terrible, aren't they? Ozzy is my all-time favorite (or was, before Micronesia), but he just isn't smart enough to win this game and not dumb enough to skate by as a non-threat.

beaujarkko
09-15-2011, 08:26 AM
Whaddya wanna bet that Brandon releases his coconuts while ogling Mikayla sometime this season? Somehow he's choking out a denial of attraction, but you know all he thinks about is motorboating a certain tribemate.

He's also dying so tell someone his secret. I don't care how much he protests. The poor guy is living all kinds of lies.

Do you read Dalton Ross's recaps on EW.com? He was on set for the first few days of filming. Lots of good dish. Cochran evidently is bad at puzzles. Dude's in trouble.

I got a great vibe from this season, for exactly the reason Miles didn't. I prefer Survivor without changes. I wish they'd get rid of Redemption Island, and then it would be perfect again. I'm just so glad they are back to water challenges. It's not Survivor without them.

Megan, you're terrific. I have loved reading your recaps.

Agree about the water challenges. And Cochran being bad at puzzles made me laugh because my parents and I discussed how maybe he can save himself that way. Guess not.

Kirkus
09-19-2011, 09:54 PM
Well, first thought, same old Survivor, just a new season. Quite disappointed nothing particularly memorable happened. Not to mention this episode did not need to be 90-min. long.
I'm glad it was 90-min. long. I totally forgot about the premier and missed the first 1/2 hour. I guess I missed voyeur-Brandon in the bushes.

Definitely glad to have water challenges!! This is only the 2nd season I've watched in about 5 or 6 seasons so I didn't miss them like the rest of you did. But I can imagine...

ptmcmahon
09-20-2011, 09:34 PM
They are terrible, aren't they? Ozzy is my all-time favorite (or was, before Micronesia), but he just isn't smart enough to win this game and not dumb enough to skate by as a non-threat.

Looked like he'll have the same strategy as Fans vs Faves for a bit - ally with girls he likes. However, he got by that when he saw himself outnumbered.

Little Hantz thinks he can go the whole season with his shirt on? The way he was wearing it while fishing looked pretty stupid and pretty obvious he was hiding something.

My fave moment was Cochran trying to talk people out of swimming. Although I do wonder..don't they have bathing suits if they want them?

And thanks for the reminder to read Dalton's recap...always good for a laugh or two. Also gotta see if there's a Probst blog up.

ptmcmahon
09-20-2011, 10:06 PM
Dalton's recap was funny/interesting like usual:

- By the way, for those keeping track — and yes, I was — it took Coach exactly 41 seconds into the season to utter the words "honor and integrity."

- When I was out there on the Savaii tribe beach John was rattling off Survivor trivia for no apparent reason

- Coach and Ozzy were clearly confused about the rules because both attempted to pick up their entire tower of pieces and simply move it over as one. Eventually, Probst had to stop both of them completely, reexplain the rules, and then start over.

- My favorite thing about Brandon so far is that his listed on-screen occupation is "Russell Hantz's Nephew

- The other thing bearing watching will be how Semhar does at Redemption Island. Just take a gander at what she told me before the game began: "I'm definitely not psyched about being out in nature. It's not my thing. I know I lived in Africa, but I lived in the city. I'm not psyched about living like a homeless person, stinking, having to smell other people. My biggest fear is probably Redemption Island. I am very scared to be alone.

Martini4me
09-21-2011, 06:39 AM
Looked like he'll have the same strategy as Fans vs Faves for a bit - ally with girls he likes. However, he got by that when he saw himself outnumbered.

Little Hantz thinks he can go the whole season with his shirt on? The way he was wearing it while fishing looked pretty stupid and pretty obvious he was hiding something.

My fave moment was Cochran trying to talk people out of swimming. Although I do wonder..don't they have bathing suits if they want them?

And thanks for the reminder to read Dalton's recap...always good for a laugh or two. Also gotta see if there's a Probst blog up.

I know that in the past, they'll sometimes start the game without telling the contestants. That is, they'll tell them that they're going out to get some pre-competition photos, then suddenly they're on the boats/helicopter to the island or beach. That's why you see some people starting the game with really questionable clothing choices--suits, long dresses, high heels, $1400 alligator shoes, no underwear. Then it seems they'll incrementally (and not shown to us) deliver more of their packed clothes as time goes by, so you'll suddenly notice that they all have bathing suits, or other clothes that you haven't seen before. Although, I seem to recall an episode in the past couple of years where they actually showed the survivors receiving bags with their swimwear.

Dalton's recap was funny/interesting like usual:

- By the way, for those keeping track and yes, I was it took Coach exactly 41 seconds into the season to utter the words "honor and integrity."

- When I was out there on the Savaii tribe beach John was rattling off Survivor trivia for no apparent reason

- Coach and Ozzy were clearly confused about the rules because both attempted to pick up their entire tower of pieces and simply move it over as one. Eventually, Probst had to stop both of them completely, reexplain the rules, and then start over.

- My favorite thing about Brandon so far is that his listed on-screen occupation is "Russell Hantz's Nephew

- The other thing bearing watching will be how Semhar does at Redemption Island. Just take a gander at what she told me before the game began: "I'm definitely not psyched about being out in nature. It's not my thing. I know I lived in Africa, but I lived in the city. I'm not psyched about living like a homeless person, stinking, having to smell other people. My biggest fear is probably Redemption Island. I am very scared to be alone.

I'm constantly amazed at how people who are totally unsuited for this type of competition keep applying and getting on the show. Does their need to be a television "star" totally override their awareness of their limitations?

skatingfan
09-21-2011, 07:55 AM
I'm constantly amazed at how people who are totally unsuited for this type of competition keep applying and getting on the show. Does their need to be a television "star" totally override their awareness of their limitations?

Some of the people that get onto Survivor these days don't apply, they are recruited. Apparently the producers scour the social media websites looking for interesting or unusual people who might make for interesting contestants. My understanding is that the people applying just know too much about the show to have an entire cast of them - need to have people who don't understand what is going on in order to make it more interesting. I don't know that I believe that people who know the show are less interesting but I suppose people who are aware of how the game is played are likely to be more cautious in there social interaction with their other case members than those who know nothing about how to play.

JTContinental
09-21-2011, 02:17 PM
I know that in the past, they'll sometimes start the game without telling the contestants. That is, they'll tell them that they're going out to get some pre-competition photos, then suddenly they're on the boats/helicopter to the island or beach. That's why you see some people starting the game with really questionable clothing choices--suits, long dresses, high heels, $1400 alligator shoes, no underwear. Then it seems they'll incrementally (and not shown to us) deliver more of their packed clothes as time goes by, so you'll suddenly notice that they all have bathing suits, or other clothes that you haven't seen before. Although, I seem to recall an episode in the past couple of years where they actually showed the survivors receiving bags with their swimwear.

My theory is that they hand out the swimwear when it becomes too expensive to blur out everybody's business after they become too scrawny to keep their clothes on their bodies.

Kirkus
09-21-2011, 02:53 PM
My theory is that they hand out the swimwear when it becomes too expensive to blur out everybody's business after they become too scrawny to keep their clothes on their bodies.:hyst:

I love how you turn a phrase.

ptmcmahon
09-21-2011, 08:44 PM
Well Lil Hantz was pretty good at keeping secrets.

And that was one wacky Tribal. No idea what was gonna happen after it was done - the only person I thought for sure getting votes wound up being the only girl to get none.

The Alliances seem pretty set in stone - especially on Ozzy's tribe. There are 4-5 people already I would write off as having no chance to win.

Kirkus
09-21-2011, 09:40 PM
Li'l Hantz has some serious problems. "I'm voting her off because she's hot and I can't stop staring at her boobs." Then he casts his vote for Kristine Christine. :dizzy:

Miles
09-21-2011, 10:43 PM
That tribal council was a hotmess equivalent of a WTA match, though throughly more enjoyable. It is true that everybody's personality eventually creeps into the game and it didn't take long for Coach to revert back to his old self.

Kirkus
09-21-2011, 11:23 PM
I wish I hadn't missed so many seasons. I haven't seen coach before now.

Miles
09-22-2011, 12:03 AM

It's hard to describe Coach as he appeared on earlier seasons, but here are some insights.

http://realitytvmagazine.sheknows.com/2009/03/04/survivor-coach-ben-wade-crack-pot-or-crook/

http://cliqueclack.com/tv/2009/04/17/survivor-coach-once-saved-a-busload-of-children-from-a-burning-building/

JTContinental
09-22-2011, 12:04 AM
It's hard to describe Coach as he appeared on earlier seasons, but here are some insights.

http://realitytvmagazine.sheknows.com/2009/03/04/survivor-coach-ben-wade-crack-pot-or-crook/

http://cliqueclack.com/tv/2009/04/17/survivor-coach-once-saved-a-busload-of-children-from-a-burning-building/

I always go with "batshit crazy."

Charlie02123
09-22-2011, 12:38 AM
I believe all the seasons are available on youtube.

Coach is a man who wishes he was Yoda but feels like an eleven year old boy.

Charlie02123
09-22-2011, 12:57 AM
I watched X-Factor live and just watched Survivor on the CBS website. I love this cast so much! The last few seasons were soul crushing, but this has been a phenomenal start for me.

Mikayla needs to get a tattoo that says "Don't hate me because I'm beautiful." I cannot believe how much Brandon is bothered by her! I suppose being on camera and in your underwear would be a terrible time to get an erection, but does he have to hate her so much!? Can't he just stare at Coach for a while? I'm really enjoying Sophie on that tribe. She seems to have a good head on her shoulders. Albert is untouchable until the merge and a giant threat to win the game. I didn't notice him at all in the first episode but he looks terrifyingly athletic and sounded really intelligent at tribal council. I'm rooting for Mikayla now as an underdog. Stacy has to be next to go but was pretty funny at tribal. I loved her going "Boom!" anytime someone said something shocking.

Ozzy has the Idol. Uhhhhg. Do they have to make them so simple to find? Jeff Probst PROMISED us no one would ever find the Idol without a clue after Russell's first season. How does it feel sleeping on a bed of lies and emmys Jeff!!? I'm enjoying the poker player Jim on that tribe. His "3+2 alliance" is a great way of putting it, although he doesn't realize that he's the odd man out once it's down to three. Does TokenHotGuy Keith REALLY want to go to the final two with Ozzy!? REALLY!!?? He gives hot guys like me a bad name. (:D ;) Juuuuuust kidding.) He can take his abs and GET OUT.

ptmcmahon
09-22-2011, 08:50 PM
I'm enjoying the poker player Jim on that tribe. His "3+2 alliance" is a great way of putting it, although he doesn't realize that he's the odd man out once it's down to three.

Or if it gets down to three...it'll be the final three and they won't have to get rid of one. Ozzy has looked a lot like Rob last season - especially working the cameras while looking for the idol.

owendonovan
09-23-2011, 09:58 AM
I would be aiming to get both Ozzy and Coach out as soon I got my fire and water, instead there's this weird paternal wonderment everyone has with them. I don't get it.

Miles
09-23-2011, 10:25 AM
I would be aiming to get both Ozzy and Coach out as soon I got my fire and water, instead there's this weird paternal wonderment everyone has with them. I don't get it.

I agree though it didn't work out so well for a tribe last season when they got rid of Russell Hantz at first opportunity.

I might keep Ozzy around a bit because he is so good at challenges, but Coach is useless and should have been the first to go.

JTContinental
09-23-2011, 11:09 AM
I couldn't believe that Christine and Stacie are so bad at the game that they couldn't even get together and pick one person to vote for, or at least switch to voting for Brandon when he admitted he lied about them voting for Mikayla.

owendonovan
09-23-2011, 11:11 AM
Ozzy seems very "run of the mill" in male desirability o meter. (not that he was ever a stunner, but he's much less than what he was).

TennisAnyone74
09-29-2011, 09:20 AM

It looks like Ozzy's tribe may blindside him, if the previews for next week hold true.

TA

JTContinental
09-29-2011, 11:04 AM
Last night's episode was a dud; the person voted out was telegraphed very early on. Looks like the action might pick up next week, though.

Charlie02123
09-29-2011, 12:09 PM
It looks like Ozzy's tribe may blindside him, if the previews for next week hold true.

TA

Last night's episode was a dud; the person voted out was telegraphed very early on. Looks like the action might pick up next week, though.
Agreed. There were some interesting nuggets in this episode, but it was mostly boring.

The bits I enjoyed:

Ozzy proving he's still stupid. Why is it that when anyone finds an Idol they immediately say "Well I HAVE to tell someone." NO YOU DON'T. THAT'S NOT A RULE. Boston Rob is the only one who was able to keep his trap shut. I enjoyed Keith immediately betraying Ozzy's confidence, and I am intrigued by this Whitney person. It may have been the first time we saw her speak. She seems savvy.

Papa Bear eliminated himself. Anytime a contestant just doesn't make him or herself a part of the group, time is limited. GO SIT BY THE FIRE. No one is going to come stand by your hammock and ask for your years of wisdom.

Mikayla will not win Survivor. She had a great opportunity to win votes and Brandon over by simply crying when she asked him why he betrayed her. She came at him hard, which is the "unwomanly" attitude this riiiiiidiculous man can't handle. Also, could he be any less attractive? They said Russell brought him to the Survivor team, but he was vetted on his own merit. Puhlease.

Miles
09-29-2011, 12:13 PM
I hate the Survivor promos. Last week's promo promised talk of an Ozzie blindside and it didn't happen this week. Now they promise the same thing for next week.

As Charlie would say, puhlease.

Charlie02123
09-29-2011, 12:45 PM
I hate the Survivor promos. Last week's promo promised talk of an Ozzie blindside and it didn't happen this week. Now they promise the same thing for next week.

As Charlie would say, puhlease.
I don't mind tricky editing when the purpose is to make a challenge or the outcome of a vote suspenseful. I don't always want to hear "This challenge might as well be over!" or know for sure the vote will be unanimous.

For the promos, Survivor just flat out lies on a frequent basis. It's total bullshit.

The promo will have a narrator say some strong player is "about to get more than they bargained for" and that "this episode will change. everything." You see a clip of some tribe leader going "I think I'm in trouble!" and some weakling yelling "He's about to get axed."

The episode rolls around and it turns out the two quotes are during a game of freeze tag. Excuse me, Executive Producer Probst, but your pants are on fire.

Kirkus
09-29-2011, 01:46 PM
I'm on a more emotional level with the program. I can't think of the players in any other way really except "I don't like him" and "I really like her".

Makayla: Why oh why did you wait until you were alone to cry? Silly girl.

Brandon: Brandon needs to be slapped upside the head. This boy is seriously mental. "I love Jesus but I'm still gonna hide out in the bushes and ogle this woman." "I love it when she bends over and shows off her boobs like that but I'm married so I want to vote her off." Freak.

Ozzy: *yawn*

Papa Bear: Runs like a girl.

Producers: Yeah. Right. Like we believe you. :flipoff:

Miles
09-29-2011, 02:06 PM
Papa Bear: Runs like a girl.

:cheesy: Easily the best moment of the night.

AlGeBak7SRM

Kirkus
09-29-2011, 04:04 PM
That's what I'm sayin'! :yes:

:cheesy:

ptmcmahon
10-03-2011, 07:28 PM
Ummm...you mean "dead sprints" :p

From Dalton:

"This sets up an ultimate battle between Papa Bear and Cochran as to who will get voted out, which I have little doubt is their karmic retribution for insisting on everyone referring to them by something other than their first name."

"The duel itself is to mutter to yourself as loudly as possible about stripping and having babies."

"Turns out Semhar is not as good at handling a pole as Christine is"

beaujarkko
10-04-2011, 08:49 AM

Neither do I.

I agree though it didn't work out so well for a tribe last season when they got rid of Russell Hantz at first opportunity.

I might keep Ozzy around a bit because he is so good at challenges, but Coach is useless and should have been the first to go.

I think they got rid of Russell too early and Rob... well, neither tribe handled their "new arrivals" correctly.

The bits I enjoyed:

Ozzy proving he's still stupid. Why is it that when anyone finds an Idol they immediately say "Well I HAVE to tell someone." NO YOU DON'T. THAT'S NOT A RULE. Boston Rob is the only one who was able to keep his trap shut. I enjoyed Keith immediately betraying Ozzy's confidence, and I am intrigued by this Whitney person. It may have been the first time we saw her speak. She seems savvy.

And Sandra in Heroes vs. Villains. I hope Keith and Whitney kill him with that information.

Kirkus
10-06-2011, 07:41 PM
I don't understand. Why Stacey? And why in God's name would Coach try to hug her?! He's a weasel.

Charlie02123
10-06-2011, 07:51 PM
I don't understand. Why Stacey? And why in God's name would Coach try to hug her?! He's a weasel.
Stacey was allied with Christine who was gunning for coach. She was obviously the low person on the social totem pole. The only other possibility was Mikayla, but she's friendlier and must be better in racing challenges.

Stacey did have a lot of great quotes this week, though.

ptmcmahon
10-08-2011, 09:28 PM
That attempted hug was one of the stupidest things I've ever seen. I haven't read Dalton's recap yet...but I bet that's what it leads off with.

And yeah it was another week with a promo of talking about blindsiding Ozzy which was nowhere near happening - just two people talking about making a move against's Ozzy's gal pal (not that they have the #s for that anyways.) At least next week's preview will be real - I'm sure the challenge will involve eating meat.

Loved Stacy's strategy for holding the weights :)

Jtdrum10
10-12-2011, 05:36 PM
That was the most disgusting challenge I have ever watched.

owendonovan
10-12-2011, 09:36 PM

I went and washed some dishes for that segment of the show.

Kirkus
10-12-2011, 10:26 PM

I went and washed some dishes for that segment of the show.
That was worse than the old challenges with the nasty stuff they had to eat. It literally upset my stomach.

Sounds like, from the previews of next week, Ozzie's gonna turn into a little cry-baby because he didn't get his way.

JTContinental
10-12-2011, 10:32 PM

No doubt. Also, tonight was the first time something interesting happened.

JTContinental
10-12-2011, 10:57 PM
The artists on season 2 of Work of Art are all so much better than last season's cast. Katherine is, of course, my favorite.

Charlie02123
10-13-2011, 12:07 AM
The artists on season 2 of Work of Art are all so much better than last season's cast. Katherine is, of course, my favorite.
Wrong thread, but it gives me the idea that they should get a reality show like that one to design challenges for Survivor so they aren't all so stupid.

JTContinental
10-13-2011, 10:55 AM
Wrong thread, but it gives me the idea that they should get a reality show like that one to design challenges for Survivor so they aren't all so stupid.

Oops.

Yes, every challenge this year has either been recycled or so convoluted with instructions that I'm surprised anyone can figure it out.

ptmcmahon
10-17-2011, 10:10 AM
That was the closest I ever was to hitting fast forward on Survivor. Some producer probably thinks it was pretty clever...but it was to excess.

owendonovan
10-17-2011, 10:32 AM
That was the closest I ever was to hitting fast forward on Survivor. Some producer probably thinks it was pretty clever...but it was to excess.

and then they got to eat all that saliva soaked meat? hurl!!

ptmcmahon
10-17-2011, 10:52 AM
Yeah, couldn't they have at least given them a new pig?

Ozzy looking sooky next week backs up what we were saying the whole time watching it. Ozzy is gonna be cranky so why not just vote him off first? And keith and that blonde casting throw-away votes so Ozzy wouldn't be mad was laughable too. They didn't vote with him so they betrayed him anyways!

nelslus
10-18-2011, 05:33 AM
and then they got to eat all that saliva soaked meat? hurl!!

Huh. One would have thought we'd you'd be used to if not appreciative of this by now. :cheesy:

nelslus
10-18-2011, 05:39 AM
Yeah, couldn't they have at least given them a new pig?

Ozzy looking sooky next week backs up what we were saying the whole time watching it. Ozzy is gonna be cranky so why not just vote him off first? And keith and that blonde casting throw-away votes so Ozzy wouldn't be mad was laughable too. They didn't vote with him so they betrayed him anyways!

LOL, "that blonde." It does feel like more of "the cast" than usual have not made any kind of an impact with me.

ptmcmahon
10-18-2011, 10:27 AM
And the one that got voted out was "the brunette" the lied in the hammock with Ozzy.

Charlie02123
10-18-2011, 02:24 PM
Huh. One would have thought we'd you'd be used to if not appreciative of this by now. :cheesy:

owendonovan
10-18-2011, 03:58 PM

Whatever could you possibly mean?

nelslus
10-18-2011, 04:00 PM
And the one that got voted out was "the brunette" the lied in the hammock with Ozzy.

....And I thought THAT one had black hair. :cheesy:

ptmcmahon
10-18-2011, 05:25 PM
Dark brown...black. It's all the same isn't it? If not what would you call her? Black-haired I guess? :)

Kirkus
10-26-2011, 07:45 PM
This could be the most brilliant move ever, or the dumbest "what the hell was I thinking" boneheaded move ever.

I can just see Oz losing to Christine and Cochran winding up with the immunity idol going into the merge.

ptmcmahon
10-26-2011, 08:28 PM
I can't remember an episode before where I said "Why are they so stupid" so many times (not just the Ozzy thing.) Can't wait to see Brandon crying at a tribal and telling the other team who has the idol.

I think given that the merge doesn't always happen the same time and that this is just the second (and hopefully last) Redemption island that Ozzy was taking a couple big leaps of faith. (The merge "always" happens at 11? Since when?) I hope he wins the redemption challenge, then his team loses the regular challenge and then they merge and they don't have enough numbers anyways.

Nice to see the good christians praying for victory in challenges :) Because THAT is exactly what religion is ;)

Kirkus
10-26-2011, 08:55 PM
I hope he wins the redemption challenge, then his team loses the regular challenge and then they merge and they don't have enough numbers anyways.:overhead_clap:

Nice to see the good christians praying for victory in challenges :) Because THAT is exactly what religion is ;)I especially like that Coach was praying for God's help in finding the immunity idol when he already had it. I wonder how God feels about being used like that?

::

Alternate post: Coach irritates the holy crap out of me.

Charlie02123
10-26-2011, 10:21 PM
CRAZY episode. So much crazy. I can barely verbalize.

CRAZY!

owendonovan
10-26-2011, 10:33 PM
I never wanted to slap coach harder than tonight. Brandon has this simpletonesque quality that lacks charm. I hope they don't merge for 3 more challenges so even if Ozzy beats Christine, he'll have to beat 3 more people. I would not be playing Ozzy's game. If I needed some kind of redemption it wouldn't be on a reality TV gameshow.

JTContinental
10-26-2011, 11:09 PM
I never wanted to slap coach harder than tonight. Brandon has this simpletonesque quality that lacks charm. I hope they don't merge for 3 more challenges so even if Ozzy beats Christine, he'll have to beat 3 more people. I would not be playing Ozzy's game. If I needed some kind of redemption it wouldn't be on a reality TV gameshow.

Co-sign. I'm glad that the powers that be are so invested in the outcome of a reality show.

ptmcmahon
10-27-2011, 03:14 AM
:overhead_clap:

I especially like that Coach was praying for God's help in finding the immunity idol when he already had it. I wonder how God feels about being used like that?

Alternate post: Coach irritates the holy crap out of me.

I got a kick of praying for help finding the immunity since it was part of the act. But overall I've enjoyed Coach way less this time then the last two times - the crazy factor is toned way down this time. Normally I cheer for him to go late and not win but this time I wouldn't be sad to see him go soon. Then again, it's not like I have found many people to cheer for this year either. Seems lately the cast if full of idiots for the most part and I find it much harder to cheer for the new people.

MeganFernandez
10-27-2011, 12:19 PM
Can anyone help? I'm trying to locate the passage in the Bible that encourages someone to put a bullet in someone else's head, but all I'm finding are things like "turn the other cheek."

I said before the game that Ozzy, one of my all-time favorites, is too dumb to win this game, and that has turned out to be an understatement. I guess he gets restless out there with nothing much to do, but he needs to chill out. Where's a joint when you need one? Kinda surprised that he hasn't found SOMETHING in that jungle to smoke.

Haven't any of the Savaii members paid attention on Redemption Island and noticed that Christine hates her old tribe? So why do they think she'd rejoin them? That's the whole point of observing the challenges on Redemption Island. Cochran should have picked up on that, though I guess it was in his best interest not to point that out to his tribe.

Read Jeff Probst's Q&A on EW, and he and I are polar opposites. He approves of Ozzy's big move, thinking it's worth the risk (because there's a good-enough chance that the merge is next, and because if he loses, Christine would be a decent back-up sixth man to Savaii's five... but Savaii didn't know that, and even if they did, they'd be better off winning the next challenge, if there is one, and having Christine take out one more Upolu member before the merge). And Jeff thinks the praying isn't so crazy and that God probably does prefer Upolu over Savaii. Very disappointed to discover that Jeff is a lunatic. Explains some of the dubious casting that is ruining our show.

ptmcmahon
10-27-2011, 01:03 PM
Can anyone help? I'm trying to locate the passage in the Bible that encourages someone to put a bullet in someone else's head, but all I'm finding are things like "turn the other cheek."

I'd try the old testament - much more likely to be in there ;)

I said before the game that Ozzy, one of my all-time favorites, is too dumb to win this game, and that has turned out to be an understatement. I guess he gets restless out there with nothing much to do, but he needs to chill out. Where's a joint when you need one? Kinda surprised that he hasn't found SOMETHING in that jungle to smoke.

Maybe he didn't find something but if was more of the wacky variety then the mellow variety?

Haven't any of the Savaii members paid attention on Redemption Island and noticed that Christine hates her old tribe? So why do they think she'd rejoin them? That's the whole point of observing the challenges on Redemption Island. Cochran should have picked up on that, though I guess it was in his best interest not to point that out to his tribe.

This was one of the things that I was saying last night too. Last challenge she flipped Rick the bird, this time her old tribe was vocally helping Makayla (wouldn't that be the ultimate tick off though - if you lost because of vocal help given to your opponent!). Like I said, the past few seasons the average intelligence of the players seems to be slipping.

Kirkus
10-27-2011, 01:50 PM
I've never heard of a quote like that. I don't think there were even bullets back then.

owendonovan
10-27-2011, 06:55 PM
I've never heard of a quote like that. I don't think there were even bullets back then.

It's what this quote is referring to "And it came to pass, that at midnight the LORD smote all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, from the firstborn of Pharaoh that sat on his throne unto the firstborn of the captive that was in the dungeon; and all the firstborn of cattle. And Pharaoh rose up in the night, he, and all his servants, and all the Egyptians; and there was a great cry in Egypt; for there was not a house where there was not one dead." (Exodus 12:29-30)

alternate post: I know little of scripture so it's always fun for me to blindly pull something up, because you really can throw a dart and it'll land on some outlandishly dark piece of writing in the bible book.

Charlie02123
10-27-2011, 07:03 PM

Read Jeff Probst's Q&A on EW, and he and I are polar opposites. He approves of Ozzy's big move, thinking it's worth the risk (because there's a good-enough chance that the merge is next, and because if he loses, Christine would be a decent back-up sixth man to Savaii's five... but Savaii didn't know that, and even if they did, they'd be better off winning the next challenge, if there is one, and having Christine take out one more Upolu member before the merge). And Jeff thinks the praying isn't so crazy and that God probably does prefer Upolu over Savaii. Very disappointed to discover that Jeff is a lunatic. Explains some of the dubious casting that is ruining our show.
You're hysterical. BTW Coach was quoting "Of Mice and Men." He got WAAAAAAY too churchy for my taste. I find it so offensive for someone to think that God would intervene to give him or her a million dollars.

Ozzy is stupid no matter what happens. I think Jeff was saying that it makes sense for Ozzy's tribe to vote him out, not that Ozzy was totally justified. Either way, he's been totally phoning in those 'Q and A's for a while.

Miles
10-27-2011, 07:16 PM
I hope Ozzy loses to Christine next week. At some point evolution has to catch up to Coach and Ozzy. It just has to.

Miles
10-27-2011, 07:23 PM
Also, why was the immunity idol given to Cochran? If the tribes do not merge, and Ozzy's tribe loses again, the rest of them now can't get rid of Cochran since he has the ID and he will play it.

Charlie02123
10-27-2011, 07:38 PM
Also, why was the immunity idol given to Cochran? If the tribes do not merge, and Ozzy's tribe loses again, the rest of them now can't get rid of Cochran since he has the ID and he will play it.
It happened because Ozzy and Cochran went to the challenge together and that's when Ozzy came up with his unbelievably stupid idea. Cochran promised to give it back.

MeganFernandez
10-28-2011, 06:21 AM

I wondered about that, too... Keith and Jim didn't even react. You'd think Ozzy would give it to his closest ally. Harvard is getting all the breaks. So much for God siding with Upolu. He's clearly focusing all of His divine intervention on Cochran.

Charlie, you're right about Probst and his Q&As. Maybe Dalton is just writing the A's, too. But I really think Probst is the kind of guy to become fascinated with a shiny counterpoint argument just because it can be made, regardless of its merits. Not contrarily, just for sport. The thing is, you should still recognize when something is plain stupid.

MeganFernandez
10-28-2011, 06:24 AM
It happened because Ozzy and Cochran went to the challenge together and that's when Ozzy came up with his unbelievably stupid idea. Cochran promised to give it back.

Do you think Cochran WILL give it back, if Ozzy returns to the game? I bet he will - because he won't be so much of a target after the merge. No threat to win individual immunity.

Charlie02123
10-28-2011, 10:40 AM
Do you think Cochran WILL give it back, if Ozzy returns to the game? I bet he will - because he won't be so much of a target after the merge. No threat to win individual immunity.
I thought about that too. A few articles said he shouldn't give it back. I think he probably will give it back if Ozzy comes back and the tribes are tied. He's the absolute least threatening player left and shouldn't bring any attention to himself.

Miles
10-28-2011, 10:49 AM
I thought about that too. A few articles said he shouldn't give it back. I think he probably will give it back if Ozzy comes back and the tribes are tied. He's the absolute least threatening player left and shouldn't bring any attention to himself.

If there is no merge, and his tribe loses the next challenge, Cochran will have no choice but to play it.

JTContinental
10-28-2011, 10:58 AM
I don't know how Cochran's tribemates can stand having them on their team. It would be like playing Survivor with Woody Allen.

MeganFernandez
10-28-2011, 11:15 AM
If there is no merge, and his tribe loses the next challenge, Cochran will have no choice but to play it.

Not necessarily, because no one wants to risk being the one who goes when he plays the idol, so the others should try to vote with him. Of course, Redemption throws a wrench into things because you're not out of the game when you get voted off. If Ozzy loses and Christine is waiting on Redemption, maybe it's worth it for, say, Keith or John to force Cochran to play the idol even if means one of them goes to Redemption. Either would have a great chance against Christine, and the idol would be out of play.

ptmcmahon
10-28-2011, 08:47 PM
Agreeing that Probst's Q&A's are tame now...at least when he did a personal blog he put some interesting behinds the scene stuff.

Dalton's recaps are the real thing to read. More gems this week:

- Ozzy had a dream that he saved both his tribe and his reputation for being a bad strategic player by volunteering to be voted off

- Rick tells Coach that if they make it to the merge and Brandon freaks out again that “we’re screwed.” And with that, having filled his talking quota, you can expect to not hear from Rick again until the month of December

- The frenzied nature of the challenge leaves Christine little time to scratch her nose in Albert’s direction

- WHOA! Has Brandon grown boobs? Because homeboy is suddenly sporting a blue bikini top. Does this mean he is going to want to vote his upper torso off the tribe once he begins to become sexually attracted to himself?

- What’s with all the androgyny? What if I told you it was all part of a promotion for a hilarious new Adam Sandler movie? Well, I’d be lying, because it’s actually a promotion for a completely awful looking new Adam Sandler movie. Last year in Nicaragua, the winning tribe had to go sit through Gulliver’s Travels, and now this? I’m just gonna call it out: The Survivor Cinema is the worst movie theater in the entire world.

- Anytime contestants are blindfolded, good things are going to happen. And by “good things” I mean people running into poles and injuring themselves

Scotty
10-31-2011, 05:44 PM
I'm guessing "Conan" belongs in this thread more than in the scripted one.

A TATeur attended today's taping of "Conan" in New York, and says TATeurs should tune in tonight. There's a joke about "Human Centipede", and a surprise appearance by a local politician, among other highlights. Apparently the crowd is also quite a bit more energetic than is typical in L.A.

Kirkus
11-02-2011, 06:54 PM
I swapped, I'll explain later??????

Why, in the name of all that is holy, would he say that? :hyst:

That was crazy!!

ptmcmahon
11-02-2011, 08:46 PM
Season should pick up nicely now that a bunch of people are going to be catty. Love seeing people get cranky when they don't get their way. No idea what Cochran's idea is of saying that at tribal.

Now if we cold only get rid of Ozzy next...

owendonovan
11-02-2011, 09:44 PM
Season should pick up nicely now that a bunch of people are going to be catty. Love seeing people get cranky when they don't get their way. No idea what Cochran's idea is of saying that at tribal.

Now if we cold only get rid of Ozzy next...

Well, he doesn't have the immunity idol any longer.

Kirkus
11-02-2011, 09:58 PM
Ozzy was one of my favorite contestants before this season. I just really don't like him as much now.

ptmcmahon
11-02-2011, 10:34 PM
Interesting that Coach's team held onto their idol...would've made the drawing rocks odds even worse for them (5 in 7 chance if I'm working it out right)

Charlie02123
11-03-2011, 01:18 AM
OH MAN did I love that episode! I had no idea what was going to happen. I'm thrilled Keith is gone. He became my least favorite as soon as he gave Cochran the "I fight my own battles, that's just how I am" speech after they got back from the last tribal. You're a tall, athletic, handsome man saying this to, as Sophie so perfectly put it, a dodgeball target. How many people have picked battles with you!? Jerk.

All that being said, it was a stupid move for Cochran. The flipper always gets his throat cut pretty quickly. Even if he makes it to the end at least four of his five tribemates would refuse to vote for him.

How adorable was Dawn this episode? I vote her "most likely to get axed at 5th for being too popular."

Sophie is my future wife. I loved her bringing out the teeth at tribal and peeing all over Ozzy's future acting career.

Love Albert. Love Coach. How perfect was his analysis of what happened!? Amazing. I know his whole tribe figured it out but he so accurately summed up what had happened and immediately found a connection with Cochran.

This was the best episode of an already strong season, says me.

MeganFernandez
11-03-2011, 05:03 AM
OH MAN did I love that episode! I had no idea what was going to happen. I'm thrilled Keith is gone. He became my least favorite as soon as he gave Cochran the "I fight my own battles, that's just how I am" speech after they got back from the last tribal. You're a tall, athletic, handsome man saying this to, as Sophie so perfectly put it, a dodgeball target. How many people have picked battles with you!? Jerk.

All that being said, it was a stupid move for Cochran. The flipper always gets his throat cut pretty quickly. Even if he makes it to the end at least four of his five tribemates would refuse to vote for him.

How adorable was Dawn this episode? I vote her "most likely to get axed at 5th for being too popular."

Sophie is my future wife. I loved her bringing out the teeth at tribal and peeing all over Ozzy's future acting career.

Love Albert. Love Coach. How perfect was his analysis of what happened!? Amazing. I know his whole tribe figured it out but he so accurately summed up what had happened and immediately found a connection with Cochran.

This was the best episode of an already strong season, says me.

Peeing all over Ozzy's acting career... very funny!

I was all against Cochran's move until I realized it made him a very good person to take to the end. He may not be able to win now that he pissed off five people - and he might not even live if he has to face Keith on Redemption - but he is now a great person (weak, with enemies) to drag along to the final.

Charlie02123
11-03-2011, 05:45 AM
Peeing all over Ozzy's acting career... very funny!

I was all against Cochran's move until I realized it made him a very good person to take to the end. He may not be able to win now that he pissed off five people - and he might not even live if he has to face Keith on Redemption - but he is now a great person (weak, with enemies) to drag along to the final.
I suppose that's true. If he gets to the top 7 with all the other tribe left they'll be more afraid of themselves and a Redemption Island returner than Cochran. Albert and Coach will have huge targets. Dawn will have a growing popularity based target as the tribe dwindles. Sophie will certainly realize that she's a massive favorite against any combination of Brandon, Edna, and Cochran.

Oh dear. Now I realize that a worst case scenario final of Brandon, Edna, and Cochran is actually plausible. The horror. THE HORROR!

TennisAnyone74
11-03-2011, 08:35 AM
Let me just go on record as saying "I'll slit my throat if Coach wins this season." I cannot take two back-to-back "winners" that I just cannot stand!

TA

MeganFernandez
11-03-2011, 08:53 AM
Let me just go on record as saying "I'll slit my throat if Coach wins this season." I cannot take two back-to-back "winners" that I just cannot stand!

TA

I agree - if Coach wins, they have to change the name of the show to Survivor: Coronation Island. I like Coach, but his alliance is different than Rob's. Rob smartly aligned with a bunch of idiots. I think Sophie and Albert are tougher competition and will give Coach a run for his money. And I think Brandon might be dangerous if he slips through. I seems like he wouldn't get jury votes, but who knows - especially if the jury is mostly Savaii.

Oh, Lord almighty, I ask for your mercy at the end of the 39 days and submit that it is your will that Brandon will not win. Amen.

JTContinental
11-03-2011, 11:06 AM
I thought last night's episode was the best of the season. While I don't love Cochran, it was nice to see someone actually think of a big move that wasn't completely stupid, and then follow through with it. No one ever follows through with their ideas on this show.

Miles
11-03-2011, 11:37 AM
So Ozzy's master plan failed. If they had voted off Cochran the last time around, and had he lost the RI challenge to Christine, Ozzy's tribe would have been much better off. It seems Ozzy's tribe, outside of Cochran, are not a very observant bunch and that has cost them dearly.

OTOH, Ozzy's tribe sort of deserved what they got for treating Cochran so badly over and over again.

Let's hope things keep getting nuttier.

Kirkus
11-03-2011, 12:22 PM
If Ozzy had given the idol to Keith, it would have been perfect for his tribe, and Cochran wouldn't have had to switch sides.

Miles
11-03-2011, 01:42 PM
If Ozzy had given the idol to Keith, it would have been perfect for his tribe, and Cochran wouldn't have had to switch sides.

Which goes back to my point that Ozzy's gang isn't particularly observant and as such chose poorly when it came to playing the immunity idol.

JTContinental
11-03-2011, 01:44 PM
I thought it was weird that their entire assumption was based on the feeling that Coach's tribe was all going to vote for Whitney, which was super flawed logic, and an example of Ozzy's continuous poor strategy.

ptmcmahon
11-03-2011, 08:42 PM

No...Cochran would have told the other team Keith was getting idol and then they would've voted for ...well maybe Whitney. Would've been perfect for his tribe if they hadn't told Cochran.

I thought it was weird that their entire assumption was based on the feeling that Coach's tribe was all going to vote for Whitney, which was super flawed logic, and an example of Ozzy's continuous poor strategy.

Yeah I didn't get that either...why would Whitney have been the first target? Maybe just because she wasn't an obvious choice.

Post merge episode is usually the best...especially when they can make the focus who will/may flip and can completely cut out the part of who they actually choose to vote for. We had no idea Keith and Rick were the targets!

beaujarkko
11-04-2011, 06:33 AM
I'm thrilled Keith is gone. He became my least favorite as soon as he gave Cochran the "I fight my own battles, that's just how I am" speech after they got back from the last tribal. You're a tall, athletic, handsome man saying this to, as Sophie so perfectly put it, a dodgeball target. How many people have picked battles with you!? Jerk.

My big issue with Keith's comment was that he's done nothing strategic in this game other than to be young and go with Ozzy. He hasn't fought any of his own battles at all. The most particularly salient image I have of him this season is everybody talking strategy around the campfire (post-Elyse's elimination, sans Ozzy) and Dawn and Cochran and Jim and Whitney are making insightful comments and the camera flashes to Keith smiling and playing with his hair. Yuuuuup. Fighting your own battles, huh? Not to mention, if you truly thought Cochran should have gone to Redemption, then why, as a group, did you vote out Ozzy? How was this Cochran's fault?

Love it. There's a long history of "being voted out 5th (or thereabouts) for being so popular" Jane/Holly, Lydia (anyone remember her?), Alexis, Denise, to name a few. I also feel that Dawn's going to make it pretty far.

I am SO happy that of all the people this season, Sophie is the one I blind drew in my Survivor Pool at work. As this season has progressed, I realized how many bullets I dodged! Smart and funny and clever... she and Albert are my absolute faves this season. Which means that the final three of Coach, Brandon, and Edna will make me want to dissolve into a pool of tears.

MeganFernandez
11-04-2011, 08:54 AM
No...Cochran would have told the other team Keith was getting idol and then they would've voted for ...well maybe Whitney. Would've been perfect for his tribe if they hadn't told Cochran.

Yeah I didn't get that either...why would Whitney have been the first target? Maybe just because she wasn't an obvious choice.

Post merge episode is usually the best...especially when they can make the focus who will/may flip and can completely cut out the part of who they actually choose to vote for. We had no idea Keith and Rick were the targets!

The reason they thought Upolu would vote for Whitney is because the person voted for would be immune when it came to rocks, and Upolu would want Savaii's strongest people pulling rocks.

MeganFernandez
11-04-2011, 09:00 AM
So Ozzy's master plan failed. If they had voted off Cochran the last time around, and had he lost the RI challenge to Christine, Ozzy's tribe would have been much better off. It seems Ozzy's tribe, outside of Cochran, are not a very observant bunch and that has cost them dearly.

OTOH, Ozzy's tribe sort of deserved what they got for treating Cochran so badly over and over again.

Let's hope things keep getting nuttier.

It almost doesn't matter what happens at this stage, so long as people stay in the game. Almost always, alliances dissolve and reform down the home stretch. For instance, Albert and Sophie are too smart to let Coach run the whole show. They know he wouldn't take them to the end. They'll switch things up while there are still enough players to do so. And someone else is probably going to come back in the game from Redemption. Ozzy's probably the most at risk now. He'll be the biggest target, and he doesn't have the idol.

They shouldn't have wasted the idol on a guess last week. Should have just gone to rocks.

Charlie02123
11-04-2011, 11:12 AM
Love it. There's a long history of "being voted out 5th (or thereabouts) for being so popular" Jane/Holly, Lydia (anyone remember her?), Alexis, Denise, to name a few. I also feel that Dawn's going to make it pretty far.

I am SO happy that of all the people this season, Sophie is the one I blind drew in my Survivor Pool at work. As this season has progressed, I realized how many bullets I dodged! Smart and funny and clever... she and Albert are my absolute faves this season. Which means that the final three of Coach, Brandon, and Edna will make me want to dissolve into a pool of tears.
And Elizabeth Hasslebeck!
My aunt once won her work's random Survivor pool three years in a row.

The reason they thought Upolu would vote for Whitney is because the person voted for would be immune when it came to rocks, and Upolu would want Savaii's strongest people pulling rocks.
I thought Jim came up with picking her because she was the person least likely to have an idol, the same reason they voted for Rick.

They shouldn't have wasted the idol on a guess last week. Should have just gone to rocks.
I'm okay with them using the idol. It was a reasonable guess and it gave them good odds (5 vs 2?) if the rock drawing actually happened.

ptmcmahon
11-04-2011, 02:23 PM
For instance, Albert and Sophie are too smart to let Coach run the whole show. They know he wouldn't take them to the end. They'll switch things up while there are still enough players to do so.

We HOPE they are too smart to let him you mean :)

MeganFernandez
11-10-2011, 09:08 AM
We HOPE they are too smart to let him you mean :)

Yes... or too brave to let Coach steamroll. They have to make a move soon or there won't be anyone left to help them. Brandon, Edna, and Rick seem totally loyal to Coach, and who knows about Cochran, but it seems like Brandon and Coach have befriended him more than Sophie and Albert have. I wonder if Sophie and Albert are at the bottom of their alliance, and they don't realize it.

Albert had the right instinct about Dawn. You let someone like her hang around, and she could replace you in your alliance.

Survivor is pretty boring during those lulls in every season when the social game is predictable and uncompetitive.

JTContinental
11-10-2011, 11:04 AM
Survivor is pretty boring during those lulls in every season when the social game is predictable and uncompetitive.

True. At least they've started doing these two people leave type episodes when this happens.

mwoods
11-16-2011, 10:42 PM

:yes: If you're as nutty about it as I am, you should go back and watch the Amazon season. After the merge, someone flipped every episode, and the alliances were different every day. Pretty entertaining.

Kirkus
11-16-2011, 10:56 PM
I find that I'm yelling at the TV as much as I do when I'm watching political shows. Even Albert voted for Dawn after going on and on and on about how they should get rid of Edna. I don't know if that's just how the editing was done or what. But it's really kind of irritating.

Charlie02123
11-16-2011, 11:02 PM
I find that I'm yelling at the TV as much as I do when I'm watching political shows. Even Albert voted for Dawn after going on and on and on about how they should get rid of Edna. I don't know if that's just how the editing was done or what. But it's really kind of irritating.
I'm sure he was really considering it. Sophie probably talked him out of it. If he didn't have majority, there was no sense it being on the losing end of a 5-4 vote. It just puts a target on his back. His main goal was getting to a point where Dawn and Whitney might vote for him if he's in the finals. I think that was probably accomplished.

I would so love it if unpopular players realized they had no chance at winning and allied with each other. Cochran, Brandon, and Edna all need to say "let's be the final three, because that's the only way one of us will win." I think they're satisfied to get to the finals with Coach and then be shocked at how bitter the jury members are.

Charlie02123
11-16-2011, 11:03 PM
AND ANOTHER THING! :p

I wish when players were thinking of mixing things up they would have the initial conversation and then say "don't talk to me the rest of the day." Albert messed up by talking with Dawn and Whitney too much. He should have said "I'll do my best" and then bailed.

MeganFernandez
11-17-2011, 01:04 PM
:yes: If you're as nutty about it as I am, you should go back and watch the Amazon season. After the merge, someone flipped every episode, and the alliances were different every day. Pretty entertaining.

By someone, do you mean Rob Cesternino? Didn't he flip practically every week? I actually didn't watch that season straight through - missed some eps in the middle, so maybe I shoudl rewatch it. Remember that Jenna was super sick in the end and begged to be voted off, and they wouldn't indulge her.... oops.

MeganFernandez
11-17-2011, 01:15 PM
I'm sure he was really considering it. Sophie probably talked him out of it. If he didn't have majority, there was no sense it being on the losing end of a 5-4 vote. It just puts a target on his back. His main goal was getting to a point where Dawn and Whitney might vote for him if he's in the finals. I think that was probably accomplished.

I would so love it if unpopular players realized they had no chance at winning and allied with each other. Cochran, Brandon, and Edna all need to say "let's be the final three, because that's the only way one of us will win." I think they're satisfied to get to the finals with Coach and then be shocked at how bitter the jury members are.

Yeah, most people play a very safe game, especially when they're in a strong alliance. They just want to get as far as they can, and then hope for the best. Wish they could all be Rob C.

JTContinental
11-17-2011, 01:52 PM
Since they mentioned in the commercial that two people were going to be voted off last night, I already knew that it was going to be Dawn and Whitney. I'm looking forward to next week when the cannibalizing begins.

beaujarkko
11-18-2011, 06:05 AM
AND ANOTHER THING! :p

I wish when players were thinking of mixing things up they would have the initial conversation and then say "don't talk to me the rest of the day." Albert messed up by talking with Dawn and Whitney too much. He should have said "I'll do my best" and then bailed.

I agree. I really don't think he curried any favor with them for having such long (in Survivor Time, anyway) conversations with them and still voting for them anyway. I don't think he curried any favor with them.

Charlie02123
11-18-2011, 06:35 AM
I agree. I really don't think he curried any favor with them for having such long (in Survivor Time, anyway) conversations with them and still voting for them anyway. I don't think he curried any favor with them.
I think it started as a smart move. If I were in Dawn and Whitney's position I would appreciate someone attempting to save me. I just don't think the additional conversations about Wheel of Fortune or Tina Turner or whatever the hell they were chatting about helped.

Sophie is in such a good position now. Albert and Coach will start getting extremely worried about each other. Everyone is going to start worrying about whoever comes back from Redemption Island. I think by the time the tribe starts realizing she's in an excellent position in a final vote, it could be too late.

There was a deleted scene where she said they were all getting bored waiting to axe all the remaining Savaii tribe, so her goal for the day was to have little pleasant conversations with them so they'll be a happy jury. I thought it was brilliant. She's playing a very smart and subtle game, and now she's won two challenges.

I'm just praying to the Survivor gods that the final isn't Edna, Brandon, and Cochran. It will be like dividing by zero. I'll start crying lava.

ptmcmahon
12-01-2011, 10:38 AM
THANKS GOODNESS someone was finally able to share a reward with Coach. There have been so few rewards that he has been getting really depraved. Thanks goodness Albert was smart enough to immediate pick Coach or he would have been voted off for sure.

Who was that Rick guy Cochran was trying to vote off? And is anyone else looking forward to Cochran vs Ozzy next week as much as me? I despise Ozzy but look forward to this battle.

JTContinental
12-01-2011, 10:48 AM
Dear Jesus

I would really like to watch Survivor or the Amazing Race without having to listen to people talk about you the entire time.

owendonovan
12-01-2011, 10:59 AM
Dear Jesus

I would really like to watch Survivor or the Amazing Race without having to listen to people talk about you the entire time.

Jesus is totally into reality television, as demonstrated by Albert when he won immunity and looked up to Jesus to thank him. Jesus is also looking out for Brandon, who I believe is on the verge of speaking in tongues to get Jesus' message out there. We've got 7 billion people in this world and over half are living in poverty, but of course these 10 - 15 people are the ones he's paying attention to, and Tim Tebow of course.

ptmcmahon
12-01-2011, 12:18 PM
It's true! Did anyone hear Cochran mention Jesus during the episode?

I still enjoy Survivor but I've had enough of this Redemption stuff where everyone kisses the returnees asses and they have a higher than normal # of dumbasses (which is often high anyways.)

Kirkus
12-01-2011, 01:19 PM
If I were one of the "amateur" Survivor contestants my first business would be finding a way to vote off the alumni! I'd be like, "Dude! You've already had your shot at this. Get a life. Get a real job."

I despise Coach. He makes my skin crawl. But Cochran... "I used to give my mother massages?" Ewwww. Creepy.

I'm kind of losing interest in this season. There's really no one there I care about. I'm going to fast and pray tomorrow and ask Jesus to revive my interest. If that doesn't work I may lay hands on myself.

morct
12-01-2011, 01:29 PM
Dear Jesus

Amen.

MeganFernandez
12-01-2011, 02:28 PM
If I were one of the "amateur" Survivor contestants my first business would be finding a way to vote off the alumni! I'd be like, "Dude! You've already had your shot at this. Get a life. Get a real job."

I despise Coach. He makes my skin crawl. But Cochran... "I used to give my mother massages?" Ewwww. Creepy.

I'm kind of losing interest in this season. There's really no one there I care about. I'm going to fast and pray tomorrow and ask Jesus to revive my interest. If that doesn't work I may lay hands on myself.

If you lay hands on yourself, Brandon will instantly appear and damn you for your wickedness.

Brandon's battle with this raging inferno of temptation is ridiculous. So dramatic. Hate to judge someone else's struggle, but that's half the reason I watch TV. They pretty much sign up for that.

I'm afraid CBS is setting us up for an epic upset on Redemption Island. Other than Ozzy, I have no one to root for now. Sophie's the only deserving winner at this point. Albert's deserving, I guess, but he just hasn't won me over completely.

owendonovan
12-01-2011, 03:37 PM
I know it's mean to say, but hey, I can be a little a mean sometime. Cochran is one of the more unattractive male specimens I have seen, and the massaging mother comment just grossed me out. Brandon's issues are something I feel the producers are keeping a very close eye on, something not quite right there.

Kirkus
12-01-2011, 06:56 PM
I know it's mean to say, but hey, I can be a little a mean sometime. Cochran is one of the more unattractive male specimens I have seen, and the massaging mother comment just grossed me out. Brandon's issues are something I feel the producers are keeping a very close eye on, something not quite right there.Really?

http://cdn.blogs.sheknows.com/realitytvmagazine.sheknows.com/2011/11/Cochran1.jpg

JTContinental
12-01-2011, 08:45 PM
and the massaging mother comment just grossed me out.

Yes, that was totally oogy. I imagine that's what it would be like to play Survivor with Woody Allen.

Kirkus
12-01-2011, 09:22 PM
Yes, that was totally oogy. I imagine that's what it would be like to play Survivor with Woody Allen.
He is Woody Allen -esque, isn't he?

mwoods
12-01-2011, 11:17 PM
Ugh, Redemption Island needs to be over for the following reasons:

-It makes the goodbyes all mushy, instead of swift and brutal like they used to be. It's deprived us of that great moment when the booted person shows up at the next tribal shooting daggers out of their eyes but not able to say a word. Also, I couldn't care less about Whitney's "journey."

-It eliminates the time for reward challenges, which is where all of the pecking-order-establishing and alliance-outing challenges used to happen, setting up more interesting tribals. I really think these last seasons have been so predictable post-merge less out of "loyalty" (though Rob and Coach really were masters at forming the cult) and more because the players at the bottom of alliances have had less chances to realize it. A reward challenge where you eliminate each other one by one, or could only take a few people with you, was often what led to big shake-ups in the game because those left out saw the writing on the wall. Not anymore.

Speaking of challenges, it seems they've officially run out of ideas. Yuck. And these returning-player "coronation" seasons. Yuck. I really am a fan of the show, which is why I'll still watch, but I'm losing interest fast. Rant over. :cheesy: And my first post in a while! Aaah, school!! :cheesy:

ptmcmahon
12-09-2011, 03:41 AM
Although I don't really want to see Coach "coronated" (borrowing your term) - there isn't anyone else I want to see win.

I'm a little disappointed they didn't list Brandon's dad as "Russell Hantz's brother." Funny he was the only of the loved ones who got to talk at all.

owendonovan
12-09-2011, 05:32 AM
Although I don't really want to see Coach "coronated" (borrowing your term) - there isn't anyone else I want to see win.

I'm a little disappointed they didn't list Brandon's dad as "Russell Hantz's brother." Funny he was the only of the loved ones who got to talk at all.

And I will give Coach credit for pointing out the bullying ways of Brandon's Dad. I'da told to eff off.

MeganFernandez
12-09-2011, 08:31 AM
Ugh, Redemption Island needs to be over for the following reasons:

-It makes the goodbyes all mushy, instead of swift and brutal like they used to be. It's deprived us of that great moment when the booted person shows up at the next tribal shooting daggers out of their eyes but not able to say a word. Also, I couldn't care less about Whitney's "journey."

-It eliminates the time for reward challenges, which is where all of the pecking-order-establishing and alliance-outing challenges used to happen, setting up more interesting tribals. I really think these last seasons have been so predictable post-merge less out of "loyalty" (though Rob and Coach really were masters at forming the cult) and more because the players at the bottom of alliances have had less chances to realize it. A reward challenge where you eliminate each other one by one, or could only take a few people with you, was often what led to big shake-ups in the game because those left out saw the writing on the wall. Not anymore.

Speaking of challenges, it seems they've officially run out of ideas. Yuck. And these returning-player "coronation" seasons. Yuck. I really am a fan of the show, which is why I'll still watch, but I'm losing interest fast. Rant over. :cheesy: And my first post in a while! Aaah, school!! :cheesy:

I still love the show, but I agree it's watered down now. Not having reward challenges is sacrilegious, and you're right, it has a HUGE impact on the game. It's not the same when you win without having to navigate the social politics inherent in late-game reward challenges. Not only does it affect alliances, it affects the contestants' relationship with jury members. I wonder if they've been having reward challenges, but for some reason editing them out.

Redemption is NO substitute for rewards. I can see how Redemption might have been an interesting wrinkle in the strategy - you have to worry about so-and-so coming back in the game, and you might send people to Redemption who might defeat the person there - but I don't think those wrinkles aren't translating to the audience. other than Ozzy's decision to send himself to Redemption to beat that one Upolo woman who was on a winning streak (which turned out to be a terrible decision), I haven't noticed Redemption having an impact on strategy.

Another beef of mine is no water challenges. They must be saving a lot of money filming it wherever the are now, sacrificing water challenges to do so. Hate it.

These aren't the glory days of Survivor, but I am glad it's still on the air, even in its (ironically) watered-down state.

So, who's going to win? I think Brandon has a chance. He's certainly a favorite to get to the end, and the jury is mostly Savaii, who haven't had a chance to get to know him. AND Whitney and Keith, who've talked about their Christianity on the show, might be sympathetic to Brandon. And Brandon always stuck up for Cochran. Otherwise, you have to favor Coach to get to the end because he has the idol, but can he count on the Upolo jury votes? Not so sure. And if he's serious about bringing Ozzy to the end - I bought it - he's forfeiting the game. That's Ozzy's jury, right, with all the Savaii whom he didn't have to betray?

ptmcmahon
12-09-2011, 09:21 AM
Definitely...Ozzy wins if he makes the final hands down. In the recap show they showed them making a similar agreement to later show Coach in an interview saying it was all BS. He enjoys the acting part of the game so who knows for sure with him.

MeganFernandez
12-09-2011, 11:54 AM
Definitely...Ozzy wins if he makes the final hands down. In the recap show they showed them making a similar agreement to later show Coach in an interview saying it was all BS. He enjoys the acting part of the game so who knows for sure with him.

yeah, I remember that, but that was Ozzy's idea and "sure, sure" is the stock answer for Survivor contestants when someone says they want to go to the end with them. But this was Coach's idea, and he said to the camera privately that he wanted to take Ozzy. I'm know that Coach is savvy about the entertainment and production aspects of the show. He knows how to get camera time, and he has nothing against BS'ing someone. But I kinda bought it that he'd want to try to beat the best in the end.

Miles
12-09-2011, 12:18 PM
Ha!

http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i392/Txscubadiver/Survivor%20Season%2023%20Photochops/KoolKidsTable.jpg

Miles
12-09-2011, 12:25 PM
Like this one too from Survivor Sucks.

http://images.yuku.com.s3.amazonaws.com/image/jpeg/4b1264c51122f30c0d83f52e7942bdd2f7c2b26b.jpg

Charlie02123
12-09-2011, 01:17 PM
There were really uncomfortable moments watching the Ponderosa clips when Cochran arrived. They made a bit of small talk, but he sat at his own table every meal. Dawn said she needed time, and Jim said he didn't associate with people of his color ("What color?" "Yellow.").

ptmcmahon
12-09-2011, 01:51 PM
Dawn knows if she talks to Cochran she won't get to sit at the Kool Kids table.

owendonovan
12-14-2011, 11:00 PM
What a load of Jesus crap being thrown up by these fools. And by Jesus crap I mean I don't believe most of these people think Jesus is their saviour, they're just bastardizing. Although I'm not a believer, I find what they're doing disgusting.

MeganFernandez
12-15-2011, 06:42 AM
What a load of Jesus crap being thrown up by these fools. And by Jesus crap I mean I don't believe most of these people think Jesus is their saviour, they're just bastardizing. Although I'm not a believer, I find what they're doing disgusting.

You don't think Brandon really believes what he's saying? He walked the talk - however crazy that talk - by giving the immunity necklace to Albert. I don't think he's savvy or reasonable enough to have done that as a way to play to the jury. Maybe I'm wrong. Coach, obviously, is full of shit. But I think Brandon, while melodramatic, probably believes what he's saying. Or is just trying really hard to believe it.

And now I think he can win this game. I think he can beat Ozzy at Redemption, and I think the jury would vote for Brandon over Coach or Albert. Definitely Albert.

Do you think Albert should have given the necklace back to Brandon and taken his chance against Ozzy on Redemption (I do ... two weaklings have almost beaten Ozzy at Redemption), or do you think you cling to immunity at all costs? Or, should he have kept immunity and been honest about why - because he wants to win, and when you get immunity, you don't give it up?

Kirkus
12-15-2011, 09:22 AM
For the first time this season I felt really bad for Brandon. I'm with Megan; I think Brandon's beliefs (and actions) are sincere. He was a like little kicked puppy-dog. Or, who knows, he might believe it's God' will.

I'm still hoping for an Ozzy win. But if Ozzy doesn't, I hope Brandon does.

Coach, on the other hand. Well... I hope coach steps on a poisonous clam shell in his bare feet.

mwoods
12-15-2011, 10:30 AM
I think I'm cheering for Sophie just because she's a logical person surrounded by people who are making decisions on emotions, often against their own best interests, which must be infuriating. The basic rule of Survivor is figure out what you would do in every other player's shoes (what's in their best interest), and then try to be a step ahead, using their own self-interest to help further yourself. With this group of crazies, there's no telling what vision they're going to get from God on any given day. I'd be going nuts. If Sophie can still get to the end, I think she deserves the win.

owendonovan
12-15-2011, 11:49 AM
You don't think Brandon really believes what he's saying? He walked the talk - however crazy that talk - by giving the immunity necklace to Albert. I don't think he's savvy or reasonable enough to have done that as a way to play to the jury. Maybe I'm wrong. Coach, obviously, is full of shit. But I think Brandon, while melodramatic, probably believes what he's saying. Or is just trying really hard to believe it.

And now I think he can win this game. I think he can beat Ozzy at Redemption, and I think the jury would vote for Brandon over Coach or Albert. Definitely Albert.

Do you think Albert should have given the necklace back to Brandon and taken his chance against Ozzy on Redemption (I do ... two weaklings have almost beaten Ozzy at Redemption), or do you think you cling to immunity at all costs? Or, should he have kept immunity and been honest about why - because he wants to win, and when you get immunity, you don't give it up?

I believe Brandon does out of fear of whatever demons he has running through his head. But I don't believe the others do, especially Albert. If Brandon wins, I bet he gives it all away to a some church in hopes of salvation. He's approaching fanaticism. I don't particularly care for that family's bullying ways. I wouldn't give the immunity back to Brandon, you pay for stupidity.

ptmcmahon
12-15-2011, 09:37 PM
I always was a coach fan but this season...not so much. It's just too obvious how much is faking everything for the show/to justify what he wants to do. I think I'm also cheering for Sophie, as mentioned - she seems to be the only non idiot out there most of the time. Gotta hope the jury is Anti-Coach though...may be hard.

ptmcmahon
12-18-2011, 06:48 PM
Thank goodness.

Charlie02123
12-18-2011, 06:49 PM
I'm watching the finale on a live stream. It's THRILLING so far.

ptmcmahon
12-18-2011, 08:39 PM
It would have been a lot less thrilling if Ozzy had solved that puzzle. Thank goodness he choked.

I totally misread the jury too...I had it 6-2-1 for Coach after they asked their questions.

My wife would like everyone to know she thought of Russell vs Brandon before Jeff did :)

Charlie02123
12-18-2011, 09:11 PM
It would have been a lot less thrilling if Ozzy had solved that puzzle. Thank goodness he choked.

I totally misread the jury too...I had it 6-2-1 for Coach after they asked their questions.

My wife would like everyone to know she thought of Russell vs Brandon before Jeff did :)
It's like mad libs with Jeff Probst. "How would you like to see Russell vs ______? Wouldn't that be great!!??"

If I had money, I would hire someone to follow him with a squirt bottle and give him a quick spritz of water in the face anytime he suggested bringing Russell back again.

Really excited about the winner.

ptmcmahon
12-18-2011, 09:32 PM
I'm more really excited about some people who did NOT win.

Favorite part of episode was Sophie telling Albert to pick up her pieces in the challenge.

Kirkus
12-18-2011, 09:36 PM

Favorite part of episode was Sophie telling Albert to pick up her pieces in the challenge.Right!?!? Drop yours and pick up my pieces? WTF?

Did Albert get any votes?

I wanted Ozzy to win. But even more, I didn't want coach to win. I don't particularly like Sophie, but I'm glad it was her over the other two.

Survivor: One World sounds cool.

Charlie02123
12-18-2011, 10:03 PM

Favorite part of episode was Sophie telling Albert to pick up her pieces in the challenge.

Right!?!? Drop yours and pick up my pieces? WTF?

I wanted Ozzy to win. But even more, I didn't want coach to win. I don't particularly like Sophie, but I'm glad it was her over the other two.

I thought it was completely and totally reasonable. He wasn't going to win that challenge. Really, he should have tried to slow Ozzy down on the next challenge too.

MeganFernandez
12-19-2011, 06:14 AM
I thought it was completely and totally reasonable. He wasn't going to win that challenge. Really, he should have tried to slow Ozzy down on the next challenge too.

Sophie deserved to win just for beating Ozzy. She did play a pretty strong game. But why wasn't the last immunity challenge an endurance one? I missed that tradition. Ozzy actually won a similar challenge in his first season. It was a big course like this with a lot of nets to bounce over and a puzzle at the end. He won - and he either came from behind to beat Yul or barely fended him off. What a bummer that Ozzy couldn't figure out the puzzle. Didn't look too hard. He said he had an even bigger lead than it appeared.

Coach blew it by voting out Rick instead of Sophie. And by not owning his strategy in the end. I'm glad he didn't win. Glad Albert didn't win. Not happy that Sophie won, but she was the best choice of the three. Lame jury.

Poor Brandon. I really felt bad for him at the reunion. And he didn't try to throw Michaela into the fire! He's grown!

So who's coming back next season? I'm guessing Phillip and maybe Parvati. Because that's what the interwebs suggest.

Edit: maybe Cochran.

MeganFernandez
12-19-2011, 06:24 AM
Right!?!? Drop yours and pick up my pieces? WTF?

Well, she wanted them to team up against Ozzy. She could have asked a little more nicely.

They didn't really show Sophie acting like the spoiled priss that everyone accused her of being at the end. Wish they would show us what people are really like. There was too much Brandon this season at the expense of everyone else, and too much Redemption at the expense of Reward challenges.

MeganFernandez
12-19-2011, 06:34 AM

Think they will live on separate beaches or share a beach? Sharing a beach sounds like it's going to hijack the game. They're really straying from Survivor's core by upstaging challenges as a plot point with these twists. Dalton Ross has campaigned for them to hide immunity idols at tribal challenges and give people the choice of playing for your tribe or playing for yourself, and that's a twist I could support. Any twists should enhance the basic and brilliant principle of Survivor, which is loyalty vs. selfishness.

Jtdrum10
12-19-2011, 09:21 AM
Sophie deserved to win just for beating Ozzy. She did play a pretty strong game. But why wasn't the last immunity challenge an endurance one? I missed that tradition. Ozzy actually won a similar challenge in his first season. It was a big course like this with a lot of nets to bounce over and a puzzle at the end. He won - and he either came from behind to beat Yul or barely fended him off. What a bummer that Ozzy couldn't figure out the puzzle. Didn't look too hard. He said he had an even bigger lead than it appeared.

Coach blew it by voting out Rick instead of Sophie. And by not owning his strategy in the end. I'm glad he didn't win. Glad Albert didn't win. Not happy that Sophie won, but she was the best choice of the three. Lame jury.

Poor Brandon. I really felt bad for him at the reunion. And he didn't try to throw Michaela into the fire! He's grown!

So who's coming back next season? I'm guessing Phillip and maybe Parvati. Because that's what the interwebs suggest.

Edit: maybe Cochran.

I would love to see Parvati come back!

I'm very happy Sophie won. I've never been able to stand Coach and Albert is just ridiculous on so many levels.

Next season sounds very interesting!

beaujarkko
12-19-2011, 12:30 PM
What a great finale. Not only was Sophie my fave the whole way, but she also won me 100 dollars in our Survivor Pool. So great.

And JT, I would not love to see Parvati come back for the sole reason that, in my mind, if you've won the million, you should be done. But more than anything, I don't want ANYONE coming back. I haven't yet watched the reunion; did they basically say there would be returning competitors again?

MeganFernandez
12-19-2011, 07:25 PM
They didn't say anything about returning players. Probst said there's more to be revealed about this season, besides the "one world" thing. I'd heard before that Phillip was a likely returner. I'd like to see Rob Cesternino get another shot. I was thinking today what the final season of Survivor would be. Do you think it'll be another All-Stars? Maybe Jane from Nicaragua. The returner I most want to see is the water challenge.

Kirkus
12-19-2011, 08:11 PM
They didn't say anything about returning players. Probst said there's more to be revealed about this season, besides the "one world" thing. I'd heard before that Phillip was a likely returner. I'd like to see Rob Cesternino get another shot. I was thinking today what the final season of Survivor would be. Do you think it'll be another All-Stars? Maybe Jane from Nicaragua. The returner I most want to see is the water challenge.Thank you! +1

ptmcmahon
12-19-2011, 08:14 PM

Doubt it...otherwise they would have shown him with one ... although it seemed like Jim was going to vote for Albert since he asked him a question and didn't seem too upset.

What does Pavrati need redemption for? If she came on for redemption she'd have to be teamed with all guys and not be allowed to flirt with any and not allowed to trick any of them.

There was too much Brandon this season at the expense of everyone else, and too much Redemption at the expense of Reward challenges.

And too much Coach and Ozzy. Those 3 and Cochran got most of the camera time so we didn't learn much about people like Sophie, Rick, and Albert. Another reason not to use returners. We don't get to learn about everyone anymore.

I don't want ANYONE coming back. I haven't yet watched the reunion; did they basically say there would be returning competitors again?

Neither do I...I don't think they said if anyone would be returning...but I would be surprised if at there are none.

I'd like to see Rob Cesternino get another shot. I was thinking today what the final season of Survivor would be. Do you think it'll be another All-Stars? Maybe Jane from Nicaragua. The returner I most want to see is the water challenge.

Is there a final season set? Rob C would be a good returner and probably would go for it...he got jobbed on All-Stars.

MeganFernandez
12-21-2011, 07:52 PM
Doubt it...otherwise they would have shown him with one ... although it seemed like Jim was going to vote for Albert since he asked him a question and didn't seem too upset.

What does Pavrati need redemption for? If she came on for redemption she'd have to be teamed with all guys and not be allowed to flirt with any and not allowed to trick any of them.

And too much Coach and Ozzy. Those 3 and Cochran got most of the camera time so we didn't learn much about people like Sophie, Rick, and Albert. Another reason not to use returners. We don't get to learn about everyone anymore.

Neither do I...I don't think they said if anyone would be returning...but I would be surprised if at there are none.

Is there a final season set? Rob C would be a good returner and probably would go for it...he got jobbed on All-Stars.

I dont think there's a final season yet, but i'm thinking it has to be coming up in the next few years. I cant imagine 30 seasons of survivor, but i guess it's possible. I get the impression that they are pulling back on the production budget - like filming so many seasons on Samoa, where they can't have water challenges. But maybe i'm wrong.

My firend interviewed Richard Hatch today for an article. He said he's been invited back before, but he cant accept because he lost his passport in the tax-fraud thing.

I bet there will be returning players this season. Phillip and... Dont know who. Please not Russell. Brandon wouldnt surprise me.

owendonovan
12-22-2011, 12:44 PM
I dont think there's a final season yet, but i'm thinking it has to be coming up in the next few years. I cant imagine 30 seasons of survivor, but i guess it's possible. I get the impression that they are pulling back on the production budget - like filming so many seasons on Samoa, where they can't have water challenges. But maybe i'm wrong.

My firend interviewed Richard Hatch today for an article. He said he's been invited back before, but he cant accept because he lost his passport in the tax-fraud thing.

I bet there will be returning players this season. Phillip and... Dont know who. Please not Russell. Brandon wouldnt surprise me.

I say bring Russell back and let him get to the final 3 every time and NEVER win, and hopefully a non religious, gay, black, jewish woman beats him.

mwoods
12-22-2011, 04:10 PM
POSSIBLE SPOILER???

Read a bit on the upcoming season from who-knows-how-reliable sources, and it looks like redemption island is gone! It's a Christmas miracle! :cheesy:

(The same sites have said no returning players either, but there's conflicting reports on that.)

Kirkus
12-22-2011, 04:13 PM
I say bring Russell back and let him get to the final 3 every time and NEVER win, and hopefully a non religious, gay, black, jewish woman beats him.
Brandon on one tribe and Uncle Russell on the other! That might be fun.

owendonovan
12-22-2011, 09:55 PM
Brandon on one tribe and Uncle Russell on the other! That might be fun.

Especially if they make it to the final 3 and both lose to the lesbian, black, non religious jewish single mother. Or a Charlize Theron type that just absolutely unabashedly toys with them, then ignores them after the win. Or a super femmy gay guy.

MeganFernandez
12-23-2011, 06:09 AM

He would lose it completely. We'd end up with a bloody machete massacre at the reunion show, audience members and all, and Russell rooting around amid the corpses looking for a hidden immunity idol.

Miles
12-23-2011, 08:41 AM

I want to see Owen Donovan vs. Russell. Now that would be epic! :cheesy: