PDA

View Full Version : Men's Day 15 (Mon) USOSP Pick & Tiebreak

shtexas
09-10-2011, 03:41 PM
Welcome to the Men's final and congratulations for making it this far!

Step 1 - Your Pick:

Make it official by posting your pick for the men's final in this thread. Your choices -

Novak Djokovic (1) SRB v Rafael Nadal (2) ESP

Step 2 - The Tiebreak:

Either 1 or 3 of our contestants are going to win a medal for their performance in our 7th Annual Mens' USOSP - but we also have a prize to give away - the book "The Wimbledon Final That Never Was . . .: And Other Tennis Tales from a By-Gone Era" by Sidney Wood and David Wood

Pudding - as you are the only player who has Nadal, you do not need to submit tiebreak answers. If Nadal beats Djokovic, you are the winner.

Csgnyc, Gibbermiata & Synth - if Djokovic wins the final, you three will be our champions (and will get a medal), but we will need to have you participate in a tiebreak to determine who wins our prize.

For our tiebreak, we will have you submit your answers to me, via PM (private message), for the following two questions:

1) Guess the number of games played in the Men's final (without going over - if you all go over, then the closest).

2) Number of Aces served by the winner of the Men's title (without going over - if you all go over, then the closest).

If we can determine a winner from Question 1, we will not use Question 2. If two or more are still tied after Question 1, we will use your answer to Question 2 to determine a winner.

In order to send me a PM, just click on my name at the left of this post, and then pick "Send a private message to shtexas" from that drop-down menu.

Your pick and tiebreak answers are due no later than 4:00 PM Eastern US time on Monday September 12 (that is the scheduled start time for the Men's final).

After the deadline, I will post your tiebreak answers in this thread.

Best of luck, and great job!!!

And don't forget to make it official by posting your pick for the final here, even though we know who it is.

shtexas
09-10-2011, 06:56 PM
Open for the Men's final pick!

pudding
09-10-2011, 09:48 PM
My Boy on Miracle Monday!

Rafael Nadal

gibbermiata
09-11-2011, 08:07 AM
Djokovic

No djoke.

csgnyc
09-11-2011, 10:56 AM
Novak Djokovic

(actually, the Djoke's on Pudding)

shtexas
09-11-2011, 05:05 PM
Bumped for Synth.

Synth
09-11-2011, 06:09 PM
Novak Djokovic!

(Thanks! I was working all day. Missed the women's final. :( )

pudding
09-11-2011, 06:13 PM
Novak Djokovic

(actually, the Djoke's on Pudding)

Ha Ha. We shall see. We love being underdogs. And we hate tiebreaks.

shtexas
09-12-2011, 08:17 AM
Everyone is in. All tiebreak answers are in. Still a little over 4 1/2 hours to change your answers to the tiebreak, if you are so inclined.

shtexas
09-12-2011, 01:01 PM
We are closed!!!

Good luck to all!

shtexas
09-12-2011, 01:06 PM
If Nadal wins:

pudding is our champ, gets a medal and the prize

If Djokovic wins:

csgnyc, gibbermiata and Synth are our champs and all get a medal.

The prize, or possibly prizes, due to two submitting the same answers to our tiebreak questions, will be determined by the following answers. Again, if we can determine the winner from the first answer, we don't even go to the second.

csgnyc:

38 games
6 aces for winner

gibbermiata:

40 games
10 aces for winner

Synth:

40 games
10 aces for winner

ponchi101
09-12-2011, 01:08 PM
Both Gibbermathia and Synth have the same answers. What will you do?

shtexas
09-12-2011, 01:09 PM
Both Gibbermathia and Synth have the same answers. What will you do?

Two prizes.

And next time, more questions. :cheesy:

pudding
09-12-2011, 02:46 PM
Good Luck people. One of you is going to win. Enjoy your medals. It was fun though. I'm looking forward to the next one.

thedinosaur
09-12-2011, 05:30 PM
csgnyc correctly predicts the number of games, but get the number of aces wrong by 1.

Terrible predicting, just terrible ;)

Synth
09-12-2011, 06:03 PM
Oh wow. I thought Nadal was going to put up more of a fight. Nice prediction csgnyc!