PDA

View Full Version : Tiebreak for Womens USOSP Prize

Moose
09-09-2011, 08:00 AM
Either 1 or 3 of our contestants are going to win a medal for their performance in our 7th Annual Womens' USOSP - but we also have a prize to give away - a copy of "The Wimbledon Final That Never Was . . .: And Other Tennis Tales from a By-Gone Era" by Sidney Wood and David Wood. This prize was donated by New Chapter Press.

Fishtank - as you are the only player who has Caroline, you do not need to submit a tiebreak answer. If Caro beats Serena, you are the winner.

Aliann, Capitals32, and Leslie - if Serena wins the semi-final, you three will be our champions (and will get a medal), but we will need to have you participate in a tiebreak to determine who wins our prize.

For our tiebreak, we will have you submit your answer to me, via PM, of the following two questions:

1) Number of games played in the Ladies' final (without going over).

2) Number of Aces served by the winner of the ladies' title(without going over)

If we can determine a winner from Question 1, we will not use #2. If two or more are still tied after question 1, we will use your answer to Question 2 to determine a winner.

In order to send me a PM, just click on my name at the left of this post, and then pick "Send a Private Message" from that drop-down menu).

Your tie break answer are due no later than 12 Noon Eastern US time on Sunday September 11 (that is the scheduled start time for the womens' final).

Moose
09-09-2011, 01:47 PM
And here is the Tiebreak info for our remaining players in the womens' game. You can submit your answers to me anytime from now until the 12:00 Noon US Eastern time deadline on Sunday (the time the USO site gives for start of play on Sunday)