PDA

View Full Version : UPDATED Men's USOSP Picks & Results Thread

shtexas
09-08-2011, 12:54 PM
Congratulations to the following 26 survivors who have reached the quarterfinals of the men's pool. Only four more correct picks to beat the draw!

Altyler: Tomic - Blake - Bogomolov - Dolgopolov - Lopez - Tsonga - Isner - Tipsarevic - Murray - Federer -Roddick

Billytall: Tomic - Muller - Bogomolov - Haas - Isner - Tsonga - Ferrer - Federer - Murray - Djokovic - Nadal - OoP

Canasian719: Tipsarevic - Blake - Simon - Dolgopolov - Bogomolov - Fish - Roddick - Tsonga - Isner - Djokovic - Murray - Nadal - OoP

Carlitos2006: Dolgopolov - Melzer - Haase - Davydenko - Lopez - Ferrero - Isner - Federer - Nadal – Tsonga

Csgnyc: Dolgopolov - Blake - Lopez - Davydenko - Benneteau - Fish - Ferrer - Tipsarevic - Isner – Federer - Murray - Nadal - Djokovic - BEAT THE DRAW!

Dollymix: Petzschner - Melzer - Haase - Verdasco - Chela - Monaco - Muller - Tipsarevic - Nadal - Djokovic - Roddick

Doran22: Dolgopolov - Blake - Bogomolov - Verdasco - Del Potro - Tsonga - Isner - Tipsarevic - Roddick - Federer - Nadal - Murray

E11even: Petzschner - Mahut - Bogomolov - Dolgopolov - Mayer - Ferrero - Roddick - Federer - Isner - Tsonga

Epetersen27: Tomic - Wawrinka - Lopez - Tipsarevic - Ferrer - Fish - Isner - Federer - Roddick – Djokovic - Murray - Nadal - OoP

Gibbermiata: Gasquet - Wawrinka - Simon - Verdasco - Del Potro - Fish - Isner - Tipsarevic - A Roddick - Federer - Murray - Nadal - Djokovic - BEAT THE DRAW!

Igorwright: Tomic - Nalbandian - Bogomolov - Verdasco - Lopez - Ferrero - Ferrer - Tipsarevic - Isner – Federer - np

Kukwa: Gasquet - Wawrinka - Simon - Cilic - Lopez - Fish - Isner - Federer - Murray - Tsonga

Lbk77: Anderson - Wawrinka - Simon - Dolgopolov - Isner - Fish - Ferrer - Tipsarevic - Murray – Djokovic - Nadal - Federer

Merdon: Dolgopolov - Wawrinka - Simon - Tsonga - Isner - Fish - Roddick - Tipsarevic - Murray - Djokovic - Nadal - Federer

MonkeyPants: Tipsarevic - Blake - Simon - Davydenko - Lopez - Fish - Isner - Federer - Roddick - Tsonga

Moose: Tomic - Melzer - Ginepri - Verdasco - Bogomolov - Tipsarevic - Roddick - Federer - Nadal - Tsonga

New England Nitemare: Anderson - Blake - Lopez - Tsonga - Bogomolov - Fish - Ferrer - Tipsarevic - Nadal – Federer - Murray - Djokovic - OoP

Pudding: Dolgopolov - Ljubicic - Simon - Verdasco - Lopez - Fish - Ferrer - Tipsarevic - Roddick - Federer - Murray - Djokovic - Nadal

Saiful: Fognini - Blake - Simon - Verdasco - Roddick - Fish - Ferrer - Tipsarevic - Murray - Djokovic - Nadal - Federer

Scineram: Anderson - Blake - Lopez - Dolgopolov - Mayer - Fish - Isner - Federer - Nadal - Tsonga

Shtexas: Dolgopolov - Nalbandian - Bogomolov - Tsonga - Roddick - Monaco - Isner - Tipsarevic - Nadal – Federer - Murray - Djokovic - OoP

Sreilly85: Anderson - Young - Bogomolov - Verdasco - Lopez - Tsonga - Isner - Tipsarevic - Roddick - Federer - Nadal - Murray

SW195AE: Dolgopolov - Kunitsyn - Haase - Tipsarevic - Mayer - Ferrero - Ferrer - Tsonga - Isner - Djokovic - Murray - Nadal - OoP

Synth: Fognini - Ljubicic - Lopez - Dolgopolov - Simon - Monaco. - Isner - Tipsarevic - Roddick – Federer - Murray - Nadal - Djokovic - BEAT THE DRAW!

Tennisbrp: Petzschner - Chela - Bogomolov - Dolgopolov - Mayer - Fish - Isner - Tsonga - Nadal - Djokovic - Roddick

Togtdyalttai: Anderson - Muller - Bogomolov - Dolgopolov - Mayer - Monaco - Roddick - Federer - Isner - Tsonga

pudding
09-08-2011, 01:14 PM
Great job organizers. Thank you! This is my first suicide pool, I heard it about it on twitter and wish I'd taken part before. But it's the best bracket really, and I'm hooked!

BTW, I know my math is bad but it just occurred to me that if somehow Janko wins today, then the entire pool might fold before the final :) The perverse side of me wants this of course.

jumpfroggy
09-08-2011, 01:23 PM
+1 for pudding's comments... couldn't have said it better myself - including the schadenfreude note re janko... go Roger!

shtexas
09-08-2011, 02:04 PM
Day 10 breakdown of the 26 remaining:

10 Federer
9 Djokovic
7 Tsonga

shtexas
09-08-2011, 08:26 PM
We lose the 7 Tsonga's and are left with 19.

New England Nitemare
09-08-2011, 09:37 PM
This is my first survivor tennis pool, went out a long time ago in the women's pool, but still alive and kicking in the men's pool, it's been fun, but the going is going to get tougher from here on out!!

nblaquie
09-08-2011, 10:42 PM
Well, after joining and losing with the Ferrer bandwagon, Day 9 is still the farthest I have ever been in a non-Wimbledon suicide pool. Overall, I am pleased.

Maybe some day I can get to the third round of the women's side - I think I'm at least 0-6 for getting to the third round.

shtexas
09-09-2011, 09:06 AM
After 1 no-pick, the Day 12 breakdown:

9 Murray
6 Nadal
3 Roddick

shtexas
09-09-2011, 01:50 PM
I'm pretty sure this is right:

If Nadal wins: 15 people

4 have Nadal & Djokovic
3 have Nadal & Federer
2 have Murray & Djokovic
3 with only Federer
2 with only Djokovic
1 out of picks

If Roddick wins: 12 people

2 have Djokovic & Roddick
2 have Federer & Murray
1 has Federer & Roddick
5 with only Djokovic
1 with only Federer
1 out of picks

igorwright
09-09-2011, 02:47 PM
I can't believe I forgot to pick today!!!! No Pick is the bitter defeat!!! I hope Murray wins Nadal tomorrow or Federer wins the tournament so I won't be so angry with myself! I was going to pick Murray today, Nadal tomorrow and Djoker for the championship on monday! So sad!!! :(

shtexas
09-09-2011, 03:24 PM
I'm pretty sure this is right:

If Nadal wins: 15 people

4 have Nadal & Djokovic
3 have Nadal & Federer
2 have Murray & Djokovic
3 with only Federer
2 with only Djokovic
1 out of picks

If Roddick wins: 12 people

2 have Djokovic & Roddick
2 have Federer & Murray
1 has Federer & Roddick
5 with only Djokovic
1 with only Federer
1 out of picks

And, it is situation #1.

billytall
09-09-2011, 08:52 PM
That would be me who is out of picks.....oh well, it's been fun, definitely the farthest I've gotten in one of these. Thanks organizers, good luck to the survivors.

shtexas
09-09-2011, 10:03 PM
Corrected options for the final 14:

4 have Nadal & Djokovic
2 have Nadal & Federer
2 have Murray & Djokovic
3 with only Federer
2 with only Djokovic
1 with only Nadal

shtexas
09-10-2011, 08:15 AM
Unless someone changes his/her pick before the deadline:

All four people who have Nadal & Djokovic remaining have taken Nadal for the semis, leaving Djokovic for the title.

Both with Murray & Djokovic left have taken Murray in the semis, leaving Djokovic for the title.

Both with Nadal & Federer left have taken Nadal in the semis, leaving Federer for the title.

Also, unless I have figured it wrong:

Those who only had Djokovic left cannot win the pool under any circumstances.

The one person who only had Nadal left cannot win the pool under any circumstances.

However, because no one had a Murray-Federer combination left, if Murray and Federer win today, the three with only Federer left and the two advancing with Murray today will all win the pool and compete in the tiebreak for the prize.

Otherwise, the 4 with Nadal/Djokovic or the 2 with Nadal/Federer or the 2 with Murray/Djokovic will win the pool and compete in the tiebreak for the prize (plus a chance to beat the men's draw)

pudding
09-10-2011, 09:02 AM
Changed my pick. Because I saw that no one had picked Rafa to win. really can't have that. Got to go with the heart. Hope I wasn't too late.

shtexas
09-10-2011, 09:06 AM
With Pudding's change, that switches things up a bit.

Now, one person with Nadal/Djokovic left went with Djokovic in the semis and Nadal for the title.

Good luck everyone!

shtexas
09-10-2011, 09:13 AM
What Pudding's change means is should Nadal & Djokovic advance, 4 people still advance, but Pudding could win the pool, beat the draw and win the prize outright.

I admire the guts!

TennisAnyone74
09-10-2011, 09:27 AM
Changed my pick. Because I saw that no one had picked Rafa to win. really can't have that. Got to go with the heart. Hope I wasn't too late.

And I love you for that! And I, too, admire your gutsy move. I hope it works out for you because I'd love for Rafa to win the title and get over his Djokovic yips! If my son Bhar was still in the mix, he'd have done the same thing because he ALWAYS picks Rafa to win - no matter what!

TA

suliso
09-10-2011, 09:33 AM
I admire the courage as well, but I also remember myself doing the same thing once (picked Ivanovic over Henin at RG). I lost and half of the board won a medal... Probably wouldn't do it again.

morct
09-10-2011, 01:39 PM
Good luck Pudding!

pudding
09-10-2011, 02:28 PM
Oh My.

shtexas
09-10-2011, 02:42 PM
With Djokovic winning the first semi, this is where we stand:

1 - If Nadal joins Djokovic in the final, we'll have 4 people remaining who can beat the draw -

Csgnyc, Gibbermiata and Synth, who all are holding Djokovic for the title &
Pudding, who is holding Nadal for the title.

Under this scenario, since Pudding can win outright if Nadal wins the title Monday, Pudding will not have to send me tiebreak answers, but only post a day 15 pick, to make it official, when the day 15 thread goes up.

Csgnyc, Gibbermiata and Synth will all participate in the tiebreak that will be explained in the thread, because if Djokovic wins the title, while they all get medals, we need the tiebreaker to award the prize.

2 - If Murray joins Djokovic in the final, we'll have 2 people remaining who can beat the draw -

Doran22 and Sreilly85, who both are holding Djokovic for the title. They will both participate in the tiebreaker, in addition to posting their day 15 pick (to make it official), so we can award the prize. Both would get medals however.

For those who are new, you might ask "What if under 2 above, Murray wins the title? They would be wrong and what about those of us who were right with our semi pick? Didn't we get just as far?" The answer is getting to the final, and having been clever enough to have a pick remaining, is greater than simply getting through the semis with no picks remaining.

shtexas
09-10-2011, 06:18 PM
With Djokovic winning the first semi, this is where we stand:

1 - If Nadal joins Djokovic in the final, we'll have 4 people remaining who can beat the draw -

Csgnyc, Gibbermiata and Synth, who all are holding Djokovic for the title &
Pudding, who is holding Nadal for the title.

Under this scenario, since Pudding can win outright if Nadal wins the title Monday, Pudding will not have to send me tiebreak answers, but only post a day 15 pick, to make it official, when the day 15 thread goes up.

Csgnyc, Gibbermiata and Synth will all participate in the tiebreak that will be explained in the thread, because if Djokovic wins the title, while they all get medals, we need the tiebreaker to award the prize.

2 - If Murray joins Djokovic in the final, we'll have 2 people remaining who can beat the draw -

Doran22 and Sreilly85, who both are holding Djokovic for the title. They will both participate in the tiebreaker, in addition to posting their day 15 pick (to make it official), so we can award the prize. Both would get medals however.

For those who are new, you might ask "What if under 2 above, Murray wins the title? They would be wrong and what about those of us who were right with our semi pick? Didn't we get just as far?" The answer is getting to the final, and having been clever enough to have a pick remaining, is greater than simply getting through the semis with no picks remaining.

Once again, scenario 1 it is!

I will have a day 15/tiebreak thread up in a bit.

Congratulations!

canasian719
09-11-2011, 05:09 AM
Two matchpoints away from the medal. Ugggggggggggggggggh. Fed, ya killing me! (Great match by the way, but as a huge Federer fan, I'm still in pain/denial.)