PDA

View Full Version : Is there anyone better than Kobe Bryant?

sportfan92
12-15-2005, 02:49 PM
man, I'm not a lakers fan but I have to admit that kobe is hell of a player.

the critics may say, he is a ball hog, selfish, makes his teammates worse etc. his skills and talents with the ball is pretty close to or even better than jordan.

not to mention, he is clutch as hell. kobe is the only one who can even bother himself to challenge the greatness of jordan.

Sebastien447
12-15-2005, 03:53 PM
man, I'm not a lakers fan but I have to admit that kobe is hell of a player.

the critics may say, he is a ball hog, selfish, makes his teammates worse etc. his skills and talents with the ball is pretty close to or even better than jordan.

not to mention, he is clutch as hell. kobe is the only one who can even bother himself to challenge the greatness of jordan.

we need to see if he can win without Shaq ... MJ won 6 titles without a dominant center

I agree that some of his playoff performances have been rather Jordanesque, but he benefited a great deal from having one of the best centers of all time to set him up for much of that ... it has been a different story since Big Daddy Shaq left him.

kittens25
12-16-2005, 06:06 PM
My favorite player is Manu Ginobli, I believe he was robbed of playoff MVP last year due to politics favoring the bigger name-Tim Duncan. As for who is better than Bryant in the NBA right now though? Steve Nash, Allen Iverson, Shaquille O Neil, Dwayne Wade, Kevin Garnett, Tim Duncan, could all be argued to be superior to him.
He is a great player but I am not sure if he is the best.

sportfan92
12-16-2005, 07:19 PM
kobe is definitely nowhere around the best when it comes to making his team better.
but if you were to tell me that nash, garnett, duncan, shaq, and wade are better in terms of pure skill and ability, I think you are wrong.

if kobe had the ability to make his team better and win more championships without shaq, and maintain his super ability, he would be without a doubt heading as the greatest of all time.

but the "best" doesn't translate to greatest, always. kobe IMO is better than jordan in terms of pure ability but jordan will have the "greatest" title until kobe can prove to be a winner.

Sebastien447
12-20-2005, 08:21 AM
kobe is definitely nowhere around the best when it comes to making his team better.
but if you were to tell me that nash, garnett, duncan, shaq, and wade are better in terms of pure skill and ability, I think you are wrong.

if kobe had the ability to make his team better and win more championships without shaq, and maintain his super ability, he would be without a doubt heading as the greatest of all time.

but the "best" doesn't translate to greatest, always. kobe IMO is better than jordan in terms of pure ability but jordan will have the "greatest" title until kobe can prove to be a winner.

Kobe vs MJ in their prime, one on one ...

100 games ... who wins what?

Doll_Face
12-20-2005, 11:23 AM

Since Michael hates to lose more than anyone I know, I would say MJ 80 to Kobe's 20. MJ in his prime was strong as hell. Kobe is still kinda wirey, but his skills are fantastic. He still has several years left to catch-up to Michael's six championships, and with Phil back, he has a shot at it.

Sebastien447
12-20-2005, 12:56 PM

Since Michael hates to lose more than anyone I know, I would say MJ 80 to Kobe's 20. MJ in his prime was strong as hell. Kobe is still kinda wirey, but his skills are fantastic. He still has several years left to catch-up to Michael's six championships, and with Phil back, he has a shot at it.

ooooh, MJ showin the youngun how it's done!

I'd say more like 60-40 with Michael winning more since, as you said, his drive to win was phenomenal.

Doll_Face
12-21-2005, 07:25 AM
Kobe is on a roll and he scored a career high 62 points last night. What happened to defense in the NBA? Well, he'll meet up with Shaq Daddy on Christmas Day. I'll be watching.

Sebastien447
12-21-2005, 08:29 AM
Kobe is on a roll and he scored a career high 62 points last night. What happened to defense in the NBA? Well, he'll meet up with Shaq Daddy on Christmas Day. I'll be watching.

That's worth tuning in ... go Shaq stuff the Kobe!