PDA

View Full Version : Kobe scores 81

sportfan92
01-23-2006, 06:35 PM
second to wilt chamberlain's 100. he could have scored somewhere around here not too long ago when he decided to skip the 4th quarter(forgot which one that was)

anyway, he is a hell of a player. he deserves to be noticed as a MVP candidate. who in the lakers is really good? odom? LOL he's carrying the team by himself. it's about the time kobe deserves one too.

shame, b/c kobe has been the best guard for years yet he doesn't even have a MVP nor a scoring title. this will be the year in which he adds some stuff to his resume.

Ive
01-24-2006, 03:27 AM
He had 62 after three quarters against the Mavs. You can see al 81 points here: http://click.nba.com/index.cfm?n15001s2749c11503310t2583e74312516o14286 3 . Quite astonishingly (is that a word?), it doesn't even look that much. :o

Yes, this Belgian knows his basketball too. 8-)

Sebastien447
01-24-2006, 05:35 AM
What do you mean by "doesn't look that much" :-?

neka
01-24-2006, 06:37 AM
Sorry guys I still take MJ's 69 over anyone else. What really annoys me is all those comparisons between Kobe and MJ. As they said in the Highlander: there can only be one: and that's MJ. The difference between the two is that in his hayday, Jordan could take the team and make it a winning team. Bryant can't. He's an exceptional solo artist but that's as good as it gets.

Sebastien447
01-24-2006, 10:26 AM
Sorry guys I still take MJ's 69 over anyone else. What really annoys me is all those comparisons between Kobe and MJ. As they said in the Highlander: there can only be one: and that's MJ. The difference between the two is that in his hayday, Jordan could take the team and make it a winning team. Bryant can't. He's an exceptional solo artist but that's as good as it gets.

aahhhh, the inevitable comparison. MJ is once in a lifetime. He had all the talent + the intangibles. He was a leader who inspired his teammates to better play.

Kobe doesn't have any of the intangibles. He's just out there scoring.

Ive
01-24-2006, 11:25 AM
Well, it's a lot of points, of course, but if you see him scoring it, it doesn't look like 81 points. It looks like, say something in the fourties.

neka
01-24-2006, 11:45 AM

aahhhh, the inevitable comparison. MJ is once in a lifetime. He had all the talent + the intangibles. He was a leader who inspired his teammates to better play.

Ah we agree! Do you remember all the hype when part of the specialized press hailed AI as the next Jordan. What happened to him?

Sebastien447
01-24-2006, 12:28 PM

Ah we agree! Do you remember all the hype when part of the specialized press hailed AI as the next Jordan. What happened to him?

Iverson is still with Philadelphia. He has been one hell of a player with some of the leadership intangibles that Jordan had. However, he needed to grow a few inches and avoid the injuries.

Sebastien447
01-24-2006, 12:30 PM
Well, it's a lot of points, of course, but if you see him scoring it, it doesn't look like 81 points. It looks like, say something in the fourties.

he typically scores a lot from the foul line ...

how many of those points were FTs?

Ive
01-24-2006, 04:03 PM
18 free throws out of 20, 28/46 from the field, 7/13 from behind the arc