PDA

View Full Version : UPDATED Ladies' Picks and Results Thread

beaujarkko
06-27-2011, 12:59 PM
Congratulations to the 23 players who have made our updated thread!

Please make sure you check back here so as not to duplicate a pick later on. I will be updating with Day 7 Picks later today.

--------------------

bluereggie: Vesnina - Zakopalova - Wickmayer - Gajdosova - Petrova - Peng - Lisicki - Azarenka - Kvitova

careroll715: Pavlyuchenkova - Cibulkova - Wickmayer - Kirilenko - V. Williams - Peng - Lisicki - Azarenka - Kvitova

ckelsall22: Vesnina - Zakopalova - Wickmayer - Kirilenko - Petrova - Peng - Paszek - Azarenka - Kvitova

Doc_P: Date-Krumm - Gajdosova - Martinez Sanchez - Ivanovic - Petrova - Peng - Wozniacki

dowser55: Keothavong - Zakopalova - Wickmayer - Ivanovic - Kvitova - Peng - Wozniacki

Federex: Dulgheru - Zheng - Wickmayer - Gajdosova - Petrova - Peng - Lisicki - Azarenka - Kvitova

IronMike: Hantuchova - Zheng - Petkovic - Bartoli - Kvitova - Lisicki - Sharapova - Azarenka - No Remaining Eligible Picks

jjnow: Date-Krumm - Zheng - Wickmayer - Pennetta - Petrova - Peng - Wozniacki

leaker: Marino - Zheng - Vinci - Cibulkova - Petrova - Lisicki - Paszek - Kvitova - Azarenka

nelslus: Wickmayer - Zheng - Pironkova - Ivanovic - Petrova - Peng - Lisicki - Azarenka - Kvitova

Omegadoom: Vesnina - Zheng - Wickmayer - Ivanovic - Petrova - Peng - Lisicki - Azarenka - Kvitova

oploskoffie: Marino - Lisicki - Vinci - Ivanovic - Petrova - Peng - Wozniacki

orangeboy19: Keothavong - Zakopalova - Hantuchova - Pennetta - Petrova - Bartoli - Lisicki - Azarenka - Sharapova

PERRYinRO: Kuznetsova - Lisicki - Wickmayer - Ivanovic - V. Williams - Peng - Wozniacki

ptmcmahon: Pironkova - Zheng - Wickmayer - Gajdosova - V. Williams - Peng - Lisicki - Azarenka - Sharapova

rebeccabxl: Pironkova - Lisicki - Wickmayer - Czink - Kvitova - Bartoli - Sharapova - Azarenka - No Remaining Eligible Picks

Snoo Foo: Vesnina - Zheng - Wickmayer - Ivanovic - Petrova - Lisicki - Wozniacki

sokoll: Pironkova - Zakopalova - Wickmayer - Gajdosova - Petrova - Peng - Lisicki - Azarenka - Kvitova

sreilly85: Hantuchova - Kirilenko - Wickmayer - Ivanovic - V. Williams - Lisicki - Wozniacki

stracciatella: Vesnina - Safarova - Martinez Sanchez - Cibulkova - Petrova - Peng - Wozniacki

thecalmness: Marino - Zakopalova - Wickmayer - Wozniacki - Petrova - Peng - Paszek - Sharapova - Lisicki

thumm: Vesnina - Zheng - Wickmayer - Pennetta - Petrova - Peng - Lisicki - Kvitova - Azarenka

waylandboy-tw: Vesnina - Zheng - Wickmayer - Ivanovic - Petrova - Peng - Lisicki - Azarenka - Kvitova

doubledogbrewer
06-28-2011, 06:33 AM
and of the 15 left, here's the breakdown. (I'm on a cross-country road trip, and the rest of my family likes to sleep in)

Azarenka - 12
Kvitova - 2
Sharapova - 1

From the Schiavone Stands I salute you

ptmcmahon
06-28-2011, 07:51 AM
I was considering Bartoli for awhile...glad I didn't though. Lisicki's win has taken out all the thinking for me now except who to pick in semis and who to pick in final...if Vika and Kvitova both win today.

ptmcmahon
06-29-2011, 01:14 AM
Think we are down to 13 as a couple people are out of picks if I counted properly...props to the couple that have 3 left.

By my unofficial count - here's what people have left

2 - Out of picks
2 - Azarenka and Sharapova left (leaker and thumm)
9 - Kvitova and Sharapova left
1 - Kvitova, Sharapova, Lisicki left (ckelsall22)
1 - Kvitova, Azarenka, Lisicki left (thecalmness)

mr_socko
06-29-2011, 02:27 AM
ckelsall22 and leaker are both my friends... and both new to this. I am most upset that they might get a medal before i do!!

leaker
06-29-2011, 08:30 AM
I'll win it for both of us little brother xxx

PS my nerves are shot!!!

ptmcmahon
06-29-2011, 09:16 PM
Some more highly unofficial analysis - all picks are in, but of course still can be changed since we're not at deadline. Here are the potential scenarios based on tomorrow/today's winners:

Sharapova and Azarenka

Thumm and Leaker make it to final with Sharapova as their finalist pick. Orangeboy19 and ptmcmahon make finals but are out of picks. 2 people win SP and may beat draw.

Sharapova and Kvitova

bluereggie, careoll715, ckelsall22, federex, nelslus, omegadoom, sokoll and wayland boy make final with Sharapova as finalist pick. Orangeboy19 and ptmcmahon make final with Kvitova as pick - this final would guarantee people beating the draw - 8 or 2 people win SP.

Lisicki and Azarenka

thecalmness wins the SP with this final and may beat the draw - having Azarenka left for finals pick. leaker and thumm make to final but have no pick.

Lisicki and Kvitova

ckelsall22 makes final with Lisicki as finals pick. thecalmness makes final with Kvitova as final pick. 7 people make final but have no pick. Someone will beat draw with this final and there will be only one winner.

So a Kvitova win tomorrow guarantees at least one person will beat draw, while a Lisicki win tomorrow guarantees only one winner (again assuming nothing changes.)

So good luck all...especially orangeboy19 ;)

Charlie02123
06-30-2011, 05:52 AM
nelslus is still in this thing!?

INSIDER TRADING! INSIDER TRADING!!!!!!!!!!

Some get his ass to a cell with Martha Stewart.

omess
06-30-2011, 08:47 AM
Sharapova and Kvitova

bluereggie, careoll715, ckelsall22, federex, nelslus, omegadoom, sokoll and wayland boy make final with Sharapova as finalist pick. Orangeboy19 and ptmcmahon make final with Kvitova as pick - this final would guarantee people beating the draw - 8 or 2 people win SP.

;)

Well play people

nelslus
06-30-2011, 09:46 PM
Sorry to the rest of us who chose Maria to win this thing- BUT- truly, I hope that Orangeboy19 and ptmcmahon win. GO KVITOVA! :o

ptmcmahon
06-30-2011, 10:47 PM
I hope that too ;) Being one of two winners would definitely top my other SP medal where I was one of...about 30.

max555
06-30-2011, 11:37 PM
Sorry to the rest of us who chose Maria to win this thing- BUT- truly, I hope that Orangeboy19 and ptmcmahon win. GO KVITOVA! :o

Well in that case I say Go Sasha and Masha!!!

Federex
06-30-2011, 11:45 PM
I hope Kvitova win too, but my head told me to choose Masha. :P
So I can't be unhappy either way ;)

nelslus
07-01-2011, 12:22 AM
I hope Kvitova win too, but my head told me to choose Masha. :P
So I can't be unhappy either way ;)

:yes: Yep- same for me. Albeit, I don't think any of us should be shocked if Petra wins. Still- I went with my head this time, not my heart.

thumm
07-01-2011, 01:08 AM
Congratulations to everyone still in the game!
Especially to Orangeboy and Nelslus who're still alive in both parts of the game!
Looks like it is quite probable that there'll be a double winner this time.

nelslus
07-01-2011, 05:02 AM
Congratulations to everyone still in the game!
Especially to Orangeboy and Nelslus who're still alive in both parts of the game!
Looks like it is quite probable that there'll be a double winner this time.

Thanks- but I'm pretty much assuming that I'll be out of the men's competition today. And I'm assuming that I'll probably get a medal in the women's competition. :o

orangeboy19
07-01-2011, 01:03 PM
Thanks for the mention. I would love to see Kvitova pull it out. This is only my second slam doing this and I can't believe I made it to the finals in both.

ptmcmahon
07-02-2011, 06:59 AM
How many games did you pick for the tiebreaker orangeboy? I have 19...if you picked a low number and Kivtova holds on...prize may be yours!

thumm
07-02-2011, 07:39 AM
Congratulations to orangeboy and ptmcmahon!
Nice job, guys!

ptmcmahon
07-02-2011, 07:40 AM
:woot:

As I mentioned in Chat...I have exactly one medal each year since 2007 so I can now take the rest of the year off.

orangeboy19
07-02-2011, 07:41 AM
you won the tiebreaker ptmcmahon..I picked 20. I thought it was going to go 3 sets and didn't want to overshoot it. You picked it right now. Congrats.

ptmcmahon
07-02-2011, 07:42 AM
Exactly my thinking orangeboy...thought ti would go three as well but didn't want to go high. We were both right there. Congrats to you too as well...we both did it!

orangeboy19
07-02-2011, 07:48 AM
exactly....congrats to you...cannot complain about anything....this is only my second major doing this. I guess I just have to hope I win the men's side now

leaker
07-02-2011, 07:50 AM
Congratulations to the winners..... wish I was one of you!!!

nelslus
07-02-2011, 08:45 AM
I had INSIDER!!!!!!!!!!!!! information. We saw Kvitova on TV beat Glatch, and were there LIVE!!!!!!!!! to see her dismantle a perfectly fine player Wickmayer, and take out Pironkova. I even truly thought that she had an excellent shot at winning Wimbledon. Yet- I just assumed that the finals pressure would have to get to Petra. The ONLY excuse I have for myself is- I barely had watched Maria play- so, I hadn't factored in that her serve would continue to be such a problem. No matter what- I Cibulkova'd all of this- when it mattered most, I CHOKED!

Still- THRILLED with this result- I have a new favorite player (I know, I know, fair weather fan :p)- and big congrats to ptmcmahon and orangeboy19.