PDA

View Full Version : Something suspicious about Roger Clemens

sportfan92
06-22-2006, 08:53 PM
this was posted in ESPN mlb board so this is not my theory technically. but someone brought up a valid theory.

is it more than just a coincidence that roger clemens signed with the astros on the 51st game of the season when the suspension for first time steroids use is 50 games?

besides who in the world shops for teams and sits around for third of the season?

also, he did have his career year last year arguably and is throwing high 90 mph nasty stuff even at his old age. I just think it's so unusual that at the age of 40+, a player can be ridiculously good. sure, nolan ryan was dominant at his old age. but who knows if he used steroids......

everything is just speculation. :-/

sportfan92
06-22-2006, 08:55 PM
it wouldn't surprise me if MLB covers clemens' steroids use because after all, it will bring dismay and devastation to fans, media etc.

wow, if it is revealed somehow that clemens used steroids, then I guess the witch hunt will get worse than ever. the whole baseball is ruined b/c of this stupid drug that's supposed to make a player super-athlete. ::)

Sebastien447
06-23-2006, 01:24 PM
Any time an athlete turns in extraordinary performances, people are going to cry steriods. The French have been convinced for years that Armstrong has been taking something, yet they've been unable to substantiate those claims.

We will always wonder about baseball. The sport handled to steroid issue so poorly that we are just never going to know about athletes like Clemens.