PDA

View Full Version : Baseball Poll

Sebastien447
07-11-2006, 07:39 PM
I can't think of anything more uninteresting than this thing. Maybe the Pro Bowl.

Who watched it ... I mean actually watched the game and not just the introductions ...

I did that ::)

Feech
07-11-2006, 08:24 PM
I'm watching right now. A good game the American league just took the lead in the top of the ninth.

shtexas
07-11-2006, 08:49 PM
Michael Young won MVP! My favorite Ranger!

8-)

Kirkus
07-11-2006, 10:42 PM
I told myself I was going to following baseball this year when the season began, like I used to when I was younger.

Here we are at the All Star Game and I didn't even know it was on.

Moose
07-12-2006, 07:06 AM
I watched through the 5th inning. At least I got to see my favorite Phillie, Chase Utley, get a single in the 2nd inning.

I like baseball. Was just down at Citizens Bank Park last Saturday night to see the Phillies play the Pirates (the Phils won, which is a rarity of late). It's a beautiful ball park, and the perfect way to spend an evening. Real great place to catch a game.

We're having a major PR fiasco up here, I'm sure it has hit the national press, but I can't imagine it being as explosive on a national level as it is here. One of our pitchers, Brett Myers, was arrested a few weeks back in Boston for assaulting his wife on the street. A bunch of witnesses saw what happened. The Phillies went ahead and let him pitch that Saturday (it occurred on a Thursday night), saying, among other stupid things that "the team needed him".

The press, and sports talk radio, went ballistic.

Finally, the Phillies management had to release a statement saying how they do not condone domestic violence, and that Myers "requested" a leave of absence (paid, of course) to work out some issues.

The matter began to die down a little until this week, when one of the owners, who was in Italy when the incident occurred, gave an interview to the Phila. Inquirer, saying that people had misstated what occurred, and Myers" was trying to help his wife"! (help his wife by punching her, closed fisted, acocrding to the wife and two witnesses, and dragging her by her hair).

Well, needless to say, the prverbial crap hit the fan....things are a hotbed.

Yesterday, one of the other owners said that the owner that made that statement "clearly misunderstood what I had told him about the incident". And the owner that made the "helping" statement isn't commenting right now.

And Myers comes back to the team to pitch this coming weekend.

Kirkus
07-12-2006, 09:10 AM
I didn't pay much attention to it, but both CNN and MSNBC had the story.

GVGirl
07-12-2006, 10:11 AM
After Tennis, I love baseball! Federer is like my favorite team the Yankees.
Everyone hates them becuase they both win everything. LOL

Kirkus
07-12-2006, 11:23 AM
Oh, lordy. Why doesn't that surprise me? ;D

GVGirl
07-12-2006, 11:29 AM
Oh, lordy. Why doesn't that surprise me? ;D

I was was a very little kid when I became a Yankee fan in the miserable 80's.

hicin_pie
07-12-2006, 06:44 PM
lol if u ask me baseball is a bit of a dumb game..... its only played in the usa and well yea..... i dont like it... :) i dont like soft ball eather.... if u no what that is.. :) soccer tennis and ham are my sports :)