PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations, Martini4me!

Togtdyalttai
06-05-2011, 09:59 PM
Martini4me scored an all-time YCWJ high of 83 points to win this year's French Open contest. The only other time we had a winner go over 70 points was waylandboy-tw, who scored 76 in 2010 Wimbledon. He was boosted up by Daniel Brands, his first men's pick, who became the Wooden Spoon winner on the men's side. Brands lost to Mikhail Kukushkin, who got out-Mikhailed by Mikhail Youzhny, who was blitzed by Albert Montanes, who choked a match away to a cripple in Fabio Fognini, who withdrew against Novak Djokovic, who had his glorious win-streak ended by Roger Federer, who still couldn't crack the code of Rafael Nadal at the French Open.

Coming in second place was e11even. He ended up with 74 points, the third highest score of all time. He was also helped out by Daniel Brands, and looked to be in great shape after the fourth round only to lose three of his remaining four picks in the quarters.

deelighted2 finished in third with 71. He was neck-and-neck with Martini4me the entire way, but was ultimately hurt by the fact that he shared two important picks with the winner.

Five others--Irena2, Miles, mmmm8, patrick, and Ribbons--also picked Brands as the men's Wooden Spoon winner.

No one was able to correctly identify the women's ultimate loser, Junri Namigata. She lost to Aleksandra Wozniak, who lost to Caroline Wozniacki, who lost to Daniela Hantuchova, who lost to Svetlana Kuznetsova, who lost to Marion Bartoli, who lost to Francesca Schiavone, who lost to Li Na.

I'd like to extend a thank you once again to Omegadoom, who as always was able to catch my mistakes in scoring. If I didn't have him we would be in trouble. Thanks for your help.

Thanks everyone for playing and we hope to see you all again in two weeks at the All England Club for the 2011 Wimbledon edition of You Can't Win Jack!

waylandboy-tw
06-05-2011, 10:02 PM
Well done Martini4me. Congratulations!

Omegadoom
06-06-2011, 02:05 AM
Congrats to Martini4me! :overhead_clap:

Many thanks to Tog for running this contest and doing an excellent job! :)

patrick
06-06-2011, 04:52 AM
Congratulations Martini4me

Martini4me
06-06-2011, 06:10 AM
Woo-hoo, another YCWJ medal! I'm getting a nicely rounded collection--just need another prediction contest medal (not going to happen) for two of each. On the other hand, it's just the randomness of playing often enough--eventually you'll end up on top. I think this makes up for a couple of times where I've been the wooden spoon (lowest score) in this contest.

Thanks to tog and omegadoom (and to all the other contest-runners) for their time and work on this.

dryrunguy
06-06-2011, 10:23 AM
Congratulations! Your medal has been awarded!

Irena2
06-07-2011, 09:28 AM
Well done, Martini4me! Impressive!