11-06-2006, 05:35 PM
Who do you think, or hope, will win?

Ahem. ;D

Sebastien447
11-06-2006, 05:38 PM

Who me? ;D

surprise surprise lol

the espn poll has the Buckeyes ahead 59% to 41 ...

Darcy
11-06-2006, 05:45 PM

Who me? ;D

surprise surprise lol

That response was only in there for a few seconds...I changed it. You're fast, Seb. Yeah, everyone is favoring your guys.

Sebastien447
11-06-2006, 06:06 PM

Who me? ;D

surprise surprise lol

That response was only in there for a few seconds...I changed it. You're fast, Seb. Yeah, everyone is favoring your guys.

I wouldn't say everyone, but it is in the shoe ... THANK GOODNESS, because that team up north is actually quite good this year ;)

dryrunguy
11-06-2006, 07:50 PM
My two cents... If the Buckeyes can find a way to beat the Wolverines (MUCK FICHIGAN!), the national championship should be a lock.

But it would be just like those northern bastards to screw things up.

You asked for an honest opinion, and I gave you one. Now, some jokes.

Q: What do you call 500 Michigan women at the beach?

A: Bay of Pigs!

Q: Why won't they allow Michigan cheerleaders on the field?

A: They can't keep them from grazing!

Q: How do people in Michigan reproduce?

A: They exchange underwear!

Q: Why are flyswatters banned in Michigan?

A: It's illegal to kill the state bird!

Q: Why wasn't Christ born in Michigan?

A: They couldn't find three wise men and a virgin!

Q: Why is Michigan part of the U.S.?

A: Canada had first choice!

:)

Dry

jsd123789456
11-06-2006, 08:05 PM
here to join the support of the michigan fans, my brother goes there and ive always been a huge fan, hoping for a big win out of my boys!

dryrunguy
11-06-2006, 08:06 PM
here to join the support of the michigan fans, my brother goes there and ive always been a huge fan, hoping for a big win out of my boys!

You ain't right... [smiley=bat.gif]

Dry

jsd123789456
11-06-2006, 08:12 PM

You ain't right... [smiley=bat.gif]

Dry

i felt the need to voice my support immediately after the michigan jokes, this post needs a little bit of variety in it instead of buckeye faithful roaming free as they please

Sebastien447
11-07-2006, 08:38 PM
Darcy! Your avatar disappeared!

Portending the expiration of your team methinks! [smiley=hardy_haw_haw.gif]

Darcy
11-07-2006, 08:52 PM

I can still see it, babe. A little tipsy, are you? :P

Sebastien447
11-07-2006, 08:59 PM

I don't drink anymore, but I swear it wasn't there before, but it's back now. ICKY!

Darcy
11-07-2006, 09:29 PM

I don't drink anymore, but I swear it wasn't there before, but it's back now. ICKY!

I promise I'll change it after the big game. I'm thoughtful that way. ;D

Sebastien447
11-08-2006, 03:23 PM

Well I'm going to wait until February 8 ...

one month after the Ohio State University wins its 8th National Championship in football! ;D

Darcy
11-08-2006, 04:48 PM

Well I'm going to wait until February 8 ...

one month after the Ohio State University of Michigan wins its 8th the National Championship in football! ;D

Well, ok then! [smiley=overhead_clap.gif]

Sebastien447
11-08-2006, 08:09 PM
LOL! The game is going to be extra challenging this year. I'll be watching with my girlfriend who's a Michigan gal. We figure it's the first big test of our relationship!

I figure it'll be okay since the Buckeyes are going to win and I'm a good winner! ;D

catz33
11-08-2006, 08:32 PM
Ohio went Blue Seb......shoe in for Michigan! ;D

Sebastien447
11-09-2006, 06:42 AM

You girlies are so confused. Stick with something you know about, like pretty dresses and buying too many damn shoes!

[smiley=boxing.gif]

Darcy
11-09-2006, 07:43 AM
LOL! The game is going to be extra challenging this year. I'll be watching with my girlfriend who's a Michigan gal. We figure it's the first big test of our relationship!

I figure it'll be okay since the Buckeyes are going to win and I'm a good winner! ;D

I knew I wasn't too far off about you. May I compliment you on your taste? Good luck on game day with that, hehe. :P I'll be in the Living Room wearing my Michigan jersey.

catz33
11-09-2006, 09:43 AM

You girlies are so confused. Stick with something you know about, like pretty dresses and buying too many damn shoes!

[smiley=boxing.gif]

Watch it Billy Buckeye,

I'll put on a pair of "Condi's" and show you what I'm good at and it ain't shopping!!!!!!!

Sebastien447
11-10-2006, 03:25 PM

You girlies are so confused. Stick with something you know about, like pretty dresses and buying too many damn damn shoes!

[smiley=boxing.gif]

Watch it Billy Buckeye,

I'll put on a pair of "Condi's" and show you what I'm good at and it ain't shopping!!!!!!!

How'd you get the shoes then? :P

Sebastien447
11-11-2006, 03:48 PM
The Ohio State University 54 NWU 10
Michigan 34 Indiana 3

It's ON!

Sebastien447
11-14-2006, 06:21 PM
Tressel not in favor of BCS rematch By Pat Forde

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- We're still five days from the first Ohio State-Michigan football game of this season, but some people already are talking about a January sequel for the national title.

Buckeyes coach Jim Tressel doesn't sound like a fan.

At his Monday news conference, Tressel was asked whether he believes a team should be required to win its conference in order to play for the national title.

Jim Tressel doesn't sound like he's a fan of a Michigan-Ohio State rematch."Yeah," Tressel said. "Yeah. … The thing we say as we go into every year, if you want a chance to play for the national championship, you better make the assumption that you need to win every game in your conference and be a champion, and that's the way we enter it. I hadn't thought about it, but you asked the question so I gave you the short answer, I guess."

Under Tressel's philosophy, failure to win the Big Ten title would obviously preclude the loser of this Saturday cataclysm from a rematch in the BCS National Championship Game in Glendale, Ariz., Jan. 8. That means, if the coach sticks to his rhetorical guns, you won't be hearing the Buckeyes lobbying for a chance to play for all the marbles if they lose Saturday.

Most BCS gurus believe it would be a long shot for Michigan and Ohio State to remain 1-2 in the final standings Dec. 3, but there are scenarios under which it can happen. And there is fairly rampant speculation in this area of the country about playing what is arguably the nation's biggest rivalry game twice in one season -- with the second meeting at a neutral site in the desert.

The very thought of Michigan and Ohio State not battling in the cold of the Midwest in either team's home stadium wrinkles some traditionalists' noses. But it brought a gleam to the eye of Ohio State defensive end Jay Richardson.

"If there were to be a rematch," Richardson said, "it probably would be the biggest game in college football history. … How often do you have a rivalry game for the national championship? That would be huge."

Judging from what several Ohio State players said about the annual savagery of this game, the thought of doing it again six weeks later might not be palatable. Defensive tackle Quinn Pitcock said he barely got out of bed for a week after last year's game in Ann Arbor.

"I was completely sore," Pitcock said. "Every nook and cranny of my body ached. … You don't notice it during the game. It's not until afterward that you realize, 'Wow, I really overextended myself.'"

So the overused analogies to a heavyweight fight could be appropriate here. This could play out like "Rocky."

At the end of the movie, a thoroughly exhausted Apollo Creed says there "ain't gonna be no rematch."

"Don't want one," answers an equally drained Rocky Balboa.

Don't deserve one, says Jim Tressel.

Darcy
11-14-2006, 06:34 PM
Interesting article. I hope he ends up regretting that position. Sounds like he's awfully confident, though. Ah...sports and the subtle (and not-so-subtle) mind games.

Game on. ;D

dryrunguy
11-15-2006, 07:31 AM
Just saw on CNN that an Ohio couple (Buckeye fans, of course) has put their two tickets to the Ohio State/Michigan game up for sale on E-Bay... They're going to use the money they raise to adopt a child from Guatamala. The current bid is $1,000.

(Once they get the kid, I'm betting they'll probably put the kid up for sale on E-Bay as well, banking on Madonna coming through as the highest bidder...)

Anyway, who has that bid? Sebs or Darcy? (Too expensive for my taste...)

Dry

Sebastien447
11-15-2006, 04:14 PM
Just saw on CNN that an Ohio couple (Buckeye fans, of course) has put their two tickets to the Ohio State/Michigan game up for sale on E-Bay... They're going to use the money they raise to adopt a child from Guatamala. The current bid is $1,000.

(Once they get the kid, I'm betting they'll probably put the kid up for sale on E-Bay as well, banking on Madonna coming through as the highest bidder...)

Anyway, who has that bid? Sebs or Darcy? (Too expensive for my taste...)

Dry

Only $1000.00? You could get that any Sat outside the shoe. I'll bet the tix go for $10,000.00+ ... this is a once in a lifetime game.

jjnow
11-15-2006, 04:33 PM
I just voted for the Buckeyes.

I'm loving the ESPN commercials for this thing. The one where the guy jumps out of the car and rolls down the ditch when he finds out his date is a Michigan fan -- now that's good stuff.

This reminds me of the Clemson/Carolina hype we always had in South Carolina.

jj

mrjiggyfly2
11-15-2006, 04:49 PM
I just voted for the Buckeyes.

I'm loving the ESPN commercials for this thing. The one where the guy jumps out of the car and rolls down the ditch when he finds out his date is a Michigan fan -- now that's good stuff.

This reminds me of the Clemson/Carolina hype we always had in South Carolina.

jj

I love that one with the guy jumping out of the car.

jsd123789456
11-15-2006, 09:34 PM
some pregame fuel for the fire from my favorite website (ok, second favorite website, i apologize kirkus et all)

http://sportspickle.com/features/volume5/2006-1115-brutus.html

Sebastien447
11-16-2006, 04:19 PM
some pregame fuel for the fire from my favorite website (ok, second favorite website, i apologize kirkus et all)

http://sportspickle.com/features/volume5/2006-1115-brutus.html

Heh, I ask you, which is ugly ...

http://www.umich.edu/~info/images/photoWolverine.jpghttp://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/buckeyesportsstuff_1922_6874205

dryrunguy
11-16-2006, 04:24 PM
Now that's just not fair, Sebs... Comparing Brutus the Great to an oversized, mangy-looking lab rat... ;D

Dry

dryrunguy
11-16-2006, 05:27 PM
This just in...

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/11/16/adoption.tickets.ap/index.html

CANTON, Ohio (AP) -- An Ohio woman says the Internet auction site eBay has shut down the sale of two tickets to Saturday's Michigan-Ohio State college football game that she had hoped would help them raise money to adopt a boy from Guatemala.

Kristie Sigler and her husband, Ken, have season tickets about 10 rows from the field in the closed end of Ohio Stadium. They put the tickets up for auction, hoping the payout would help defray the $12,500 cost to begin processing their adoption paperwork. (Watch how couple hopes big-game tickets draw big bucks -- 1:14)

But Sigler said eBay canceled the sale Wednesday, saying it violated its policy on charitable auctions.

"They never called, never e-mailed us or anything. They took it off and said because we were using the auction as (a) fundraiser for the adoption, it violated their policy," Kristie Sigler was quoted as telling The Repository newspaper.

According to its Web site, eBay has specific guidelines for charitable fundraising because the area is subject to many U.S. state and federal laws. A message seeking comment from the company was left early Thursday.

The couple had gotten 18 bids and had been offered as much as $1,550 for the tickets by Wednesday afternoon.

"I'm most concerned that people will think we weren't being genuine," Sigler said. "We're still selling the tickets."

The tickets are now listed for auction on the Web site dreamseats.com.

The couple, married for nine years, decided to adopt from Guatemala after taking mission trips there, Sigler has said. The couple expects to spend a total of about $30,000, including the paperwork fee, on the adoption.

Sebastien447
11-17-2006, 06:08 PM
Those tix are priceless IMO.

Less than 24 hours to go and I need a drink [smiley=beer.gif]

catz33
11-17-2006, 06:28 PM
I'm just glad that I won't be in between Branch and Rehring!!!!!!

Louche
11-18-2006, 11:15 AM
So... I read that an Ohio vote recount for a House race was delayed for the game. It's that big?

"Rep. Deborah Pryce, who has said she'll step down from her GOP leadership position, leads Democrat Mary Jo Kilroy by 3,536 votes. Election officials won't count provisional ballots until Sunday, so workers can watch the Ohio State-Michigan game Saturday."

dryrunguy
11-18-2006, 11:25 AM
So... I read that an Ohio vote recount for a House race was delayed for the game. It's that big?

"Rep. Deborah Pryce, who has said she'll step down from her GOP leadership position, leads Democrat Mary Jo Kilroy by 3,536 votes. Election officials won't count provisional ballots until Sunday, so workers can watch the Ohio State-Michigan game Saturday."

Are you kidding? If this game had been scheduled for a school day they would have cancelled classes statewide.

Dry

Sebastien447
11-18-2006, 12:08 PM
We'll win.

God is a Buckeye.

dryrunguy
11-18-2006, 12:14 PM
We'll win.

God is a Buckeye.

Amen!!!

BTW, did you catch what the Gators pulled today? Last I saw, 62-0 late in the 4th... Nothing like running up a score on a demoralized opponent to gain points in the BCS... That's just so wrong on so many levels...

Dry

Sebastien447
11-18-2006, 12:22 PM
We'll win.

God is a Buckeye.

Amen!!!

BTW, did you catch what the Gators pulled today? Last I saw, 62-0 late in the 4th... Nothing like running up a score on a demoralized opponent to gain points in the BCS... That's just so wrong on so many levels...

Dry

Florida deserved to lose last week. Lucky bastards! I hate Florida almost as much as I did when Spurier was coach. Stinkin SEC.

Sebastien447
11-18-2006, 12:26 PM
Ciao for now ...

It's GAME TIME

GO BUCKS

dryrunguy
11-18-2006, 12:33 PM
Woo hoo!!!!

GO BUCKS!

dryrunguy
11-18-2006, 12:35 PM
I like yours better, Sebs... :(

Dry

mrjiggyfly2
11-18-2006, 12:51 PM

Dry

7-0 already. That was too easy for Michigan

dryrunguy
11-18-2006, 12:54 PM

Dry

It's early. ::)

mrjiggyfly2
11-18-2006, 01:08 PM

Dry

solid response from the Buckeyes

dryrunguy
11-18-2006, 01:11 PM

Dry

solid response from the Buckeyes

Yeah, but the Buckeye defense has GOT to step it up... they can't let the Wolverines move the ball at will like they did in the opening drive. And as for the Buckeye offense, the run/pass ratio was a bit disconcerting.

Dry

dryrunguy
11-18-2006, 01:24 PM
Ginn has dropped two passes he should have had... Roy Hall came through on the opening drive... Nothing to him on the second.

Dry

mrjiggyfly2
11-18-2006, 02:16 PM
Ginn has dropped two passes he should have had... Roy Hall came through on the opening drive... Nothing to him on the second.

Dry

it could get ugly. buckeyes offense looks unstoppable

Sebastien447
11-18-2006, 02:16 PM
Good friggin grief! They gave Michigan their second TD with that phantom interference call!

28-14 Bucks, but it should be 28-10 at worst. The refs do this to us every time. Bastards try to make the game close and end up giving too much to the other team. How about that call against our D because the Michigan center kept his head down?

RIDICULOUS!

dryrunguy
11-18-2006, 02:18 PM
Good friggin grief! They gave Michigan their second TD with that phantom interference call!

28-14 Bucks, but it should be 28-10 at worst. The refs do this to us every time. Bastards try to make the game close and end up giving too much to the other team. How about that call against our D because the Michigan center kept his head down?

RIDICULOUS!

But after each of those wacky calls, the Buckeye defense came up with some big plays to give Michigan 2nd and long... They didn't cave.

Troy Smith is playing the game of his life... So far...

Dry

Sebastien447
11-18-2006, 02:22 PM
Yup! They can't stop Troy. He has too much talent around him, and he lives for this game.

21 for 26, 243 yards ... so far ...

Darcy
11-18-2006, 02:25 PM
Yup! They can't stop Troy. He has too much talent around him, and he lives for this game.

21 for 26, 243 yards ... so far ...

Whoa, he is impressive. Michigan's getting pretty close to being spanked...*Darcy gulps her Mikearita* :P

Seb, did you ever go see my guest post on tennis.com? That was fun.

mrjiggyfly2
11-18-2006, 02:38 PM

RIDICULOUS!

For a team who won their last national cahmpionship on a real phantom interference call (I have no allegiance to Miami), I can't believe you don't think that was a penalty. I could see the one on the punt as I've never seen that called before, but that play by Jenkins on Manningham was penalty!!

mrjiggyfly2
11-18-2006, 02:55 PM

RIDICULOUS!

For a team who won their last national cahmpionship on a real phantom interference call (I have no allegiance to Miami), I can't believe you don't think that was a penalty. I could see the one on the punt as I've never seen that called before, but that play by Jenkins on Manningham was penalty!!

How about that "brutal" late hit call against Mich on that kickoff retutn. What a joke!

mrjiggyfly2
11-18-2006, 02:57 PM

RIDICULOUS!

How about that "brutal" late hit call against Mich on that kickoff retutn. What a joke!

What do you know!! touchdown. Sebastien, you should be thanking the refs.

Darcy
11-18-2006, 04:00 PM
*hic* <more Mikearitas for Darcy>

mrjiggyfly2
11-18-2006, 04:16 PM

Great game. That helmet to helmet call in the 4th quarter huge. It was a penalty, but I hate when penalties that had no effect on the outcome of the play help decide the game.

Darcy
11-18-2006, 04:33 PM

Great game. That helmet to helmet call in the 4th quarter huge. It was a penalty, but I hate when penalties that had no effect on the outcome of the play help decide the game.

That poor idiot. Can you imagine his despair right now? Huge mistake.

Good game otherwise, and no real surprise for me. Congrats to OSU.

dryrunguy
11-19-2006, 08:58 AM
I had to listen to the last 10 minutes of the game on the radio while driving. Just wanted to give a shout out to Darcy and the other Wolverine fans that your guys played hard, and they gave my Bucks all they could handle.

I don't care what the talking heads say... Michigan is the best of the one-loss teams, and they deserve a rematch for the national title. I don't relish the prospect of going through this again, when the stakes are even higher, but I think they showed yesterday that they are clearly the second-best team in the country... if not the best. They deserve another shot.

Dry

mrjiggyfly2
11-19-2006, 09:45 AM
I had to listen to the last 10 minutes of the game on the radio while driving. Just wanted to give a shout out to Darcy and the other Wolverine fans that your guys played hard, and they gave my Bucks all they could handle.

I don't care what the talking heads say... Michigan is the best of the one-loss teams, and they deserve a rematch for the national title. I don't relish the prospect of going through this again, when the stakes are even higher, but I think they showed yesterday that they are clearly the second-best team in the country... if not the best. They deserve another shot.

Dry

agreed, i think ohio st. would crush anybody else

dryrunguy
11-19-2006, 09:49 AM

Dry

If we can't get a rematch (and as a loyal Buckeye, I must be insane for even wanting one), I hope they put Florida in the title game, so that Ohio State can pound them to a score of something like 45-3... Just so they can get a taste of their own medicine.

One thing I didn't understand though... Can't remember the specifics of it, I was under the impression that Ohio State could just take knees on its final position... Tressel ran plays. What was up with that?

Dry

Sebastien447
11-19-2006, 10:00 AM
For a team who won their last national cahmpionship on a real phantom interference call (I have no allegiance to Miami), I can't believe you don't think that was a penalty.

You do sound like a Cryami fan. I saw that as a fairly ticky tacky excuse for an interference call.

Sebastien447
11-19-2006, 10:20 AM

Dry

If we can't get a rematch (and as a loyal Buckeye, I must be insane for even wanting one), I hope they put Florida in the title game, so that Ohio State can pound them to a score of something like 45-3... Just so they can get a taste of their own medicine.

One thing I didn't understand though... Can't remember the specifics of it, I was under the impression that Ohio State could just take knees on its final position... Tressel ran plays. What was up with that?

Dry

I don't think Michigan deserves another shot. They had their chance and lost. And I don't believe that Ohio St will automatically crush any team they face in the NC game (especially if they turn the ball over like they did against Michigan). That's not the way Tressel coaches. It frustrates me, but you can't argue with the results. The Bucks are the best in the nation this year, but they're not that far ahead of everyone else. USC, Notre Dame or Florida could steal this crown. Beware of overconfidence. This has happened so many times in the past, Buckeye teams that saunter into a big game with all their accolades and forget to bring it to the field. Fortunately it hasn't happened since Tressel arrived, and for that reason I believe we'll have our 8th NC come Jan 8.

dryrunguy
11-19-2006, 10:44 AM
And interesting sidenote... Yesterday's Ohio Lottery Pick 4 numbers were 4-2-3-9.

Dry

Sebastien447
11-19-2006, 11:06 AM

The only other board that I ever frequent is the ESPN Buckeye board and I posted this question because I wondered the same thing. The only answer that came back was that there was over two minutes left and the Buckeyes needed a first down to run out the clock fully. But I don't think that's true because Michigan was out of timeouts and the time would have run out if they went for it on fourth. Oh well, moot point because ...

WE WON!

Darcy
11-19-2006, 11:08 AM

Dry

Thanks, Dry. Entertaining season! I know the possibility of the rematch still exists, but I do think it's tarnished by one team's loss.
FWIW, we don't hate OSU in this house. We always root for the Big Ten team when Michigan's out of it. Go Big Ten! :P

mrjiggyfly2
11-19-2006, 11:18 AM

Dry

Dry

I don't think Michigan deserves another shot. They had their chance and lost. And I don't believe that Ohio St will automatically crush any team they face in the NC game (especially if they turn the ball over like they did against Michigan). That's not the way Tressel coaches. It frustrates me, but you can't argue with the results. The Bucks are the best in the nation this year, but they're not that far ahead of everyone else. USC, Notre Dame or Florida could steal this crown. Beware of overconfidence. This has happened so many times in the past, Buckeye teams that saunter into a big game with all their accolades and forget to bring it to the field. Fortunately it hasn't happened since Tressel arrived, and for that reason I believe we'll have our 8th NC come Jan 8.

and if the Buckeyes do win the NC, let's hope it's not because of a fake pass interference call like the last time.

mrjiggyfly2
11-19-2006, 11:21 AM

Dry

Dry

and if the Buckeyes do win the NC, let's hope it's not because of a fake pass interference call like the last time.

I am a NE Patriots fan. We once got a gift on a "tuck" rule. I admit that we got a gift. The Raiders got screwed. Just like Miami got screwed in that game against Ohio St. The refs gave Ohio St. the NC

Sebastien447
11-19-2006, 11:38 AM

Dry

Dry

I am a NE Patriots fan. We once got a gift on a "tuck" rule. I admit that we got a gift. The Raiders got screwed. Just like Miami got screwed in that game against Ohio St. The refs gave Ohio St. the NC

"The call" aside.

When asked about "the call," Miami QB simply said, "It shouldn't have mattered. We should have overcome it."

Hope that helps.

dryrunguy
11-19-2006, 11:40 AM

The only other board that I ever frequent is the ESPN Buckeye board and I posted this question because I wondered the same thing. The only answer that came back was that there was over two minutes left and the Buckeyes needed a first down to run out the clock fully. But I don't think that's true because Michigan was out of timeouts and the time would have run out if they went for it on fourth. Oh well, moot point because ...

WE WON!

Maybe Tressel thought Michigan still had a timeout. The only other idea I had was that he was trying to make a demonstration of respect for Schembechler... Like, play football to the end. I don't know. That seemed like a pretty big stretch.

Dry

dryrunguy
11-19-2006, 11:43 AM
I still hear some of the talking heads saying that Notre Dame has a shot at the title game. I don't get that at all... They lost to Michigan early in the season. So that leaves USC, Florida and Arkansas (I think they won yesterday). Each has one loss... Anyone know to whom?

Dry

mrjiggyfly2
11-19-2006, 11:46 AM

Dry

Dry

"The call" aside. You need to get some class. You're probably wondering what that is, so here's an example:

When asked about "the call," Miami QB simply said, "It shouldn't have mattered. We should have overcome it."

Hope that helps.

:-?

dryrunguy
11-19-2006, 11:48 AM
Guys, it's just a game. No one has died, and the sky hasn't fallen. Why can't we just focus all of our energy on bashing the Gators??? ;D

Dry

Sebastien447
11-19-2006, 11:52 AM

Dry

Dry

"The call" aside. You need to get some class. You're probably wondering what that is, so here's an example:

Hope that helps.

If you've noticed, I'm a Buckeye fan. When you say that the refs gave us our NC, that is not only incorrect, it upsets me.

Do you understand now?

Sebastien447
11-19-2006, 11:55 AM
Guys, it's just a game. No one has died, and the sky hasn't fallen. Why can't we just focus all of our energy on bashing the Gators??? ;D

Dry

There's nothing wrong with a debate. I think we're too sensitive here at TAT, too afraid of becoming TOB.

Well, conflict is part of life, and should be part of TAT as well. And sometimes there is unpleasantness to be had when people make IGNORANT STATEMENTS!

Darcy
11-19-2006, 11:56 AM

Hope that helps.

Ah, jiggy...I think you have a lot of class. ;D Plus, we can celebrate today...Roger is reigning supreme, as usual. :P

mrjiggyfly2
11-19-2006, 11:58 AM

Hope that helps.

Ah, jiggy...I think you have a lot of class. ;D Plus, we can celebrate today...Roger is reigning supreme, as usual. :P

Thx Darcy!!

Sebastien447
11-20-2006, 05:32 PM
This thread ain't dead yet sports fans! OHIO STATE AND MICHIGAN STILL TOP TWO IN BCS POLL (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/BCSStandings?week=6)

If USC beats Notre Dame they'll jump ahead of the Wolverines ... BUT ... if the Irish win it's REMATCH BABY! WOOT!

And this time we'll win by 50 so the jigster won't whine! :P

dryrunguy
11-20-2006, 08:15 PM
This thread ain't dead yet sports fans! OHIO STATE AND MICHIGAN STILL TOP TWO IN BCS POLL (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/BCSStandings?week=6)

If USC beats Notre Dame they'll jump ahead of the Wolverines ... BUT ... if the Irish win it's REMATCH BABY! WOOT!

And this time we'll win by 50 so the jigster won't whine! :P

Some are saying that, if Notre Dame beats USC and Arkansas beats Florida, the Razorbacks might still have a chance... I don't see it.

Things are looking pretty good for USC, I'm thinkin'...

Dry

Sebastien447
11-21-2006, 10:42 AM
Some are saying that, if Notre Dame beats USC and Arkansas beats Florida, the Razorbacks might still have a chance... I don't see it.

I don't either. If ND beats USC, then Michigan's BCS number is going to rise because of SOS. They're going to have an incredible strength of schedule number.

And USC is going down to the Irish. The Trojans have been living on borrowed time this year, they're not that good.

Wouldn't it be great to punk Michigan TWICE in one year! I want it ... especially after what Hart said! Did you catch any of that?

dryrunguy
11-21-2006, 10:54 AM

I don't either. If ND beats USC, then Michigan's BCS number is going to rise because of SOS. They're going to have an incredible strength of schedule number.

And USC is going down to the Irish. The Trojans have been living on borrowed time this year, they're not that good.

Wouldn't it be great to punk Michigan TWICE in one year! I want it ... especially after what Hart said! Did you catch any of that?

Nope. Missed it. Do tell...

My enthusiasm re: the prospect of a rematch, however, has waned substantially. :-/

Dry

Darcy
11-21-2006, 11:14 AM

Nope. Missed it. Do tell...

My enthusiasm re: the prospect of a rematch, however, has waned substantially. :-/

Dry

I don't really have any taste for a rematch at this point, either. I did think it would have been cool, originally, but now I feel differently. Nobody would be happy if Michigan won the rematch. It would just be a mess. [smiley=dizzy2.gif]

Sebastien447
11-21-2006, 04:13 PM
Hart was shooting his mouth off about how Ohio State isn't any good and Michigan should have won. I'd like to see the rematch because I believe Michigan is the second best team in the nation, it would be fun to beat Michigan again, and an all Big Ten NC game would bring much glory to my favorite conference.

dryrunguy
11-21-2006, 06:49 PM
Hart was shooting his mouth off about how Ohio State isn't any good and Michigan should have won. I'd like to see the rematch because I believe Michigan is the second best team in the nation, it would be fun to beat Michigan again, and an all Big Ten NC game would bring much glory to my favorite conference.

Well, I've changed my mind for the second time today. Can't help it. I'm a Gemini.

I want the rematch... I still don't think we'll get one, but we might. If the Buckeyes can beat the same #2 team, a powerhouse in its own right, twice in one season, then we probably don't deserve the national title.

Stay tuned for when I change my mind yet again tomorrow. LOL!

Dry

catz33
11-21-2006, 06:52 PM
I don't want to talk about it. I had to wear Ohio State for a full day because of a bet. The fool brought a cheerleader outfit!!!

Thank God I was able to hunt down a jersey ;)

Sebastien447
11-21-2006, 07:03 PM
I don't want to talk about it. I had to wear Ohio State for a full day because of a bet. The fool brought a cheerleader outfit!!!

Thank God I was able to hunt down a jersey ;)

*snickers*

Sebastien447
11-21-2006, 07:41 PM
I just had to share this from the ESPN CFB Power Rankings ...

Next stop on the Buckeyes' title quest is Glendale,
but there will be a quick detour to NYC
so Troy Smith can pick up some hardware.

mmmmmmmmmmm, they put that so nicely! [smiley=yahoo.gif]

mrjiggyfly2
11-23-2006, 02:24 PM
http://patriots.bostonherald.com/images/patriots/pats_ltp11232006.jpg

Brady wearing Mike Vrabels Ohio Sy jersey at Pats practice this week. Clearly a lost wager.

Sebastien447
11-27-2006, 12:59 PM
http://patriots.bostonherald.com/images/patriots/pats_ltp11232006.jpg

Brady wearing Mike Vrabels Ohio Sy jersey at Pats practice this week. Clearly a lost wager.

I LOVE IT!!!

Sorry Michigan fans, you had your chance! :P