PDA

View Full Version : This is what pisses me off about these

special600
11-29-2006, 05:39 AM
announcers when it comes to black kids playing and excelling in sports. My girlfriend's son is in college doing very well and plays ball for Miami. He played last night and the commentary stunk. Yea, they rave about the kid but all their information on him was so damn wrong....I could not believe what I was listening to. They claim that the kid came from a bad neighbour hood in Baltimore.....wrong the kid is from a middleclass neighbourhood in Baltimore and he went to Calvert College High School...private HS. In an article they wrote that his dad sold VCR's out of the back of his car/......wrong again, the guys dad is an engineer and his mother is a software manager for a top company in Baltimore, the kid's sister is also an engineer and is on a 3 yr assignment working in Ireland. Who the heck give them their information. I guess he has to good a background to talk about so they made up info that will sell. [smiley=angry.gif]

oploskoffie
11-29-2006, 12:58 PM
Their "story" is so far off base it's beyond stupid. Did anybody contact them to set 'm straight?

Ti-Amie
11-29-2006, 01:19 PM
announcers when it comes to black kids playing and excelling in sports. My girlfriend's son is in college doing very well and plays ball for Miami. He played last night and the commentary stunk. Yea, they rave about the kid but all their information on him was so damn wrong....I could not believe what I was listening to. They claim that the kid came from a bad neighbour hood in Baltimore.....wrong the kid is from a middleclass neighbourhood in Baltimore and he went to Calvert College High School...private HS. In an article they wrote that his dad sold VCR's out of the back of his car/......wrong again, the guys dad is an engineer and his mother is a software manager for a top company in Baltimore, the kid's sister is also an engineer and is on a 3 yr assignment working in Ireland. Who the heck give them their information. I guess he has to good a background to talk about so they made up info that will sell. [smiley=angry.gif]

No one wants to know about a good middle class kid who plays good ball. Doesn't fit the program.

special600
11-29-2006, 02:30 PM

No one wants to know about a good middle class kid who plays good ball. Doesn't fit the program.

Exactly Ti.

special600
11-29-2006, 02:34 PM
Their "story" is so far off base it's beyond stupid. Did anybody contact them to set 'm straight?

I said to his mom this morning "can you do anything about that". I think she's going to look into it. Our white co-workers came in to the job this morning and said his mom and I where the hell did they get that information from. As a matter of fact they all live in the same area.....All we could do was just role laughing. We all came to the conclusion that a story like that would not hold the interest of the watchers so they had to made it as negative as possible....truly sad.

mrjiggyfly2
11-29-2006, 03:30 PM

I said to his mom this morning "can you do anything about that". I think she's going to look into it. Our white co-workers came in to the job this morning and said his mom and I where the hell did they get that information from. As a matter of fact they all live in the same area.....All we could do was just role laughing. We all came to the conclusion that a story like that would not hold the interest of the watchers so they had to made it as negative as possible....truly sad.

i hope someone involved can straighten them out

dryrunguy
11-29-2006, 03:48 PM
Well, it could be worse... An old high school friend told me a few years back that she was very surprised to hear from me because she had been told I was dead. Granted, that wasn't the result of incompetent journalism. But still... When people don't know what's going on, there's always one who will just make up whatever suits his/her purpose...

Incidentally, many of those people also happen to be preacher's wives. [smiley=gossip.gif]

Dry

special600
11-29-2006, 04:27 PM
Well, it could be worse... An old high school friend told me a few years back that she was very surprised to hear from me because she had been told I was dead. Granted, that wasn't the result of incompetent journalism. But still... When people don't know what's going on, there's always one who will just make up whatever suits his/her purpose...

Incidentally, many of those people also happen to be preacher's wives. [smiley=gossip.gif]

Dry

[smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif] good lord.

dryrunguy
11-29-2006, 05:48 PM

Dry

[smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif] good lord.

Yeah, for the record, in case it wasn't clear, I'm not dead.

YET!

But I'm a-workin' on it. :)

Dry

mmmm8
11-29-2006, 08:29 PM

They'll retract it (the newspaper article) if she just talks angry to them. Maybe threaten a lawsuit?