PDA

View Full Version : College Hoops

Sebastien447
11-21-2006, 07:20 PM
Um, the Ohio State University is great in men's hoops too! heh heh

jjnow
11-21-2006, 07:24 PM
My mother wanted me to go to my father's alma mater -- Duke. I guess I would've at least had a decent athletic team to root had I went that route.

jj

Sebastien447
11-21-2006, 07:31 PM
My mother wanted me to go to my father's alma mater -- Duke. I guess I would've at least had a decent athletic team to root had I went that route.

jj

You're better off ... I think they make you learn to spell coach's name there!

Sebastien447
11-28-2006, 07:20 PM
It's GREAT to be a Buckeye!

Columbus-When Ohio State held a night football practice in August, junior Jamar Butler took his four freshman basketball teammates over to the Horseshoe. The Buckeyes basketballers lounged in the end zone bleachers, awash in the frenzy of football season.

Something must have rubbed off.

Ohio State became the third school ever to claim the No. 1-ranked football team and a No. 1-ranked men's basketball team simultaneously when the 6-0 hoops team was elevated to first in the USA Today coaches poll on Monday.

It's the first time Ohio State has been ranked No. 1 in a basketball poll since March 24, 1962, when the No. 1 Buckeyes lost in the NCAA championship to No. 2 Cincinnati.

The 12-0 football team has been ranked first in both the Associated Press and USA Today coaches polls since the start of the year.

"It kind of gives us pride that our other sports are doing well," basketball junior Matt Terwilliger said earlier this year of the football team's No. 1 ranking. "We feel we want to do just as well as them, and we feel we can."

According to research conducted at Clemson University, only Notre Dame and UCLA have previously laid claim to the top spots in both sports.

The Fighting Irish won football's national title with a Sugar Bowl win on Dec. 31, 1973, then moved into the top spot in the basketball poll with a victory over UCLA on Jan. 19, 1974.

UCLA won the national title in men's basketball in March 1967 and took over the top spot in the AP and UPI football polls on Nov. 13.

In the AP poll released Monday, Ohio State is No. 3 behind UCLA and Pittsburgh. The Buckeyes moved up from No. 3 to No. 1 in the coaches poll after the previous top two teams, Florida and North Carolina, lost last week.

Ohio State plays at North Carolina, ranked No. 6 by the coaches and No. 7 by the AP, as part of the ACC-Big Ten Challenge at 9 p.m. Wednesday on ESPN

Darcy
11-28-2006, 07:22 PM

[smiley=flipoff.gif]

Sebastien447
11-28-2006, 07:35 PM

[smiley=flipoff.gif]

:-*

;)

Sebastien447
11-30-2006, 07:06 AM
So OSU lost to NC at their place. No biggie. Just wait til we get Oden in there. We're going to be scary good!

It's GREAT to be a BUCKEYE!

[smiley=woot.gif]

Aton
11-30-2006, 02:01 PM
So OSU lost to NC at their place. No biggie. Just wait til we get Oden in there. We're going to be scary good!

It's GREAT to be a BUCKEYE!

[smiley=woot.gif]

That was an excellent game and I'm not just saying that because I'm a huge UNC fan. I went into it fully expecting Carolina to get their butts handed to them and when your boyz came out bombing threes like they did I figured it'd be over by halftime. Talk about having range. Wow, that was some impressive shooting! A couple of those shots looked like they were coming from the cheap seats. And you're right about Oden. He's gonna be very good...heck, he already is.

Looking forward to seeing that again in March.