PDA

View Full Version : Michael Irvin racist comment

sportfan92
12-22-2006, 06:54 AM
I heard this in ESPN board but according to someone, Michael Irvin(former Cowboys star WR) said that Tony Romo must have "black" in him because his great great great great great grandmother got on one of the studs from the barn.

How many great white athletes can I think of? a lot truthfully. Larry Bird. Babe Ruth. Jim Thorpe. I won't even go further because there are too many.

Can you imagine what would happen if a white analyst said something like "Donovan McNabb" must have white within him because he is an "intelligent" decision maker?

Immediately fired. Case of double standard.

This one is for you shtexas. You're a cowboys fan so I assume you know it. ::)

shtexas
12-22-2006, 07:43 AM
Haven't heard word 1 about this. And I listen to our local Ticket most all day long at work.

GVGirl
12-22-2006, 08:40 AM
I heard this in ESPN board but according to someone, Michael Irvin(former Cowboys star WR) said that Tony Romo must have "black" in him because his great great great great great grandmother got on one of the studs from the barn.

How many great white athletes can I think of? a lot truthfully. Larry Bird. Babe Ruth. Jim Thorpe. I won't even go further because there are too many.

Can you imagine what would happen if a white analyst said something like "Donovan McNabb" must have white within him because he is an "intelligent" decision maker?

Immediately fired. Case of double standard.

This one is for you shtexas. You're a cowboys fan so I assume you know it. ::)

Jim Thorpe was Native American.