PDA

View Full Version : NFC: Who is going to the Superbowl?

shtexas
12-18-2006, 10:28 AM
It is quite open in the NFC. Almost anyone could do it.

Aton
12-18-2006, 10:35 AM
Okay, I picked the Falcons because I'm a fair-weather fan, and as such I can't select my real choice, those damn Saints. No self-respecting Falcon fan can root for a Saint even if they do feel they're gonna take it to the house.

middaystar
12-18-2006, 11:44 AM
Okay, I picked the Falcons because I'm a fair-weather fan, and as such I can't select my real choice, those damn Saints. No self-respecting Falcon fan can root for a Saint even if they do feel they're gonna take it to the house.

Surely those "damn Saints", should have beaten Washington. I don't think you have to worry about them going.

Da Bears will be the losing team from the NFC.

shtexas
12-18-2006, 11:57 AM
I voted for Chicago. Everyone keeps pointing out their weaknesses, but the fact remains that they are clearly ahead of the rest of the inconsistent nfc.

Aton
12-18-2006, 01:23 PM

Surely those "damn Saints", should have beaten Washington. I don't think you have to worry about them going.

Da Bears will be the losing team from the NFC.

What are you talking about? The Redskins would've been contenders if they didn't have that losing record. ;)

Seriously though, the NFC isn't that strong this year and it's anybody's Championship. I'm going with the Saints because of the intangibles. Katrina seems to have brought out a sense of pride in them and their fans. A couple of N.O. transplants that I know have gone home to watch games and they told me that the atmosphere is more electric than usual. I went to the H2H here and the nicest way I can describe their fanbase is rabid. They were call-the-cops loud even before the booze started flowing. Sometimes fans like that can carry you. I don't see them winning the Superbowl but, hey, it's a nice payday just getting there.

Kirkus
12-18-2006, 02:28 PM
I picked Dallas because... well, because I'm a Cowboy fan - fair weather or otherwise. ;D

shtexas
12-18-2006, 07:27 PM
I picked Dallas because... well, because I'm a Cowboy fan - fair weather or otherwise. ;D

Our offense is fine. But, we are not going to make it because of our defense, which was originally supposed to be our stronger unit. Maybe if the defense of the Colts game shows up again, we'd have a shot. But otherwise, only Ware and Newman have played consistently strong all season. Roy Williams can sure hit hard, but I sometimes wonder if he could even cover me.

mrjiggyfly2
12-18-2006, 07:38 PM
The Philly - Dallas winner this weekend. ::). I can't believe Philly is even in the picture.

shtexas
12-19-2006, 02:03 PM

Our offense is fine. But, we are not going to make it because of our defense, which was originally supposed to be our stronger unit. Maybe if the defense of the Colts game shows up again, we'd have a shot. But otherwise, only Ware and Newman have played consistently strong all season. Roy Williams can sure hit hard, but I sometimes wonder if he could even cover me.

And yet I just heard Roy Williams made the Pro Bowl. What a joke!

mrjiggyfly2
12-19-2006, 03:26 PM

And yet I just heard Roy Williams made the Pro Bowl. What a joke!

That is a joke!!!! He's been burned on so many big plays!!! His pass coverage is woeful. I can't believe he made the Pro Bowl.

mrjiggyfly2
12-25-2006, 08:52 PM
Beware of the Iggles!

Kirkus
12-25-2006, 09:16 PM
Frickin' Parcells! >:(

Run. Run. Pass. Punt.
Run. Run. Pass. Punt.

Moose
12-26-2006, 06:22 AM

Our offense is fine.

What offense?

hehehe

Moose
12-26-2006, 06:25 AM
Beware of the Iggles!

I had them written off for the junk heap a couple of weeks ago...but then, so did almost every fan here in Philly. Sports Talk Radio a month ago had Reid getting canned.

Then what happens...we beat Carolina at home...then go on the road for 3 staright weeks and beat every one of our divisional opponents...in THEIR houses.

Who would have beleived that Jeff Garcia and Marty Mornhigweg could have recast the Eagles as Super Bowl contenders in 4 short weeks?

mrjiggyfly2
12-26-2006, 06:37 AM
Beware of the Iggles!

I had them written off for the junk heap a couple of weeks ago...but then, so did almost every fan here in Philly. Sports Talk Radio a month ago had Reid getting canned.

Then what happens...we beat Carolina at home...then go on the road for 3 staright weeks and beat every one of our divisional opponents...in THEIR houses.

Who would have beleived that Jeff Garcia and Marty Mornhigweg could have recast the Eagles as Super Bowl contenders in 4 short weeks?

It's unbelievable. I had them totally written off.

Ti-Amie
12-26-2006, 09:52 AM
I picked New Orleans because of all the teams listed they have that "thing" going this year. They WANT it.

Chicago might make it, I'm not sure.

I'm a Cowboy's fan from way back in the day but Romo, the golden boy who looked like he would be the next in a line of great q-backs for the 'Boys looked like Chanel #2 over the weekend. No way he can carry the team with nerves like that.