PDA

View Full Version : Let's Go Bowling

Sebastien447
12-21-2006, 08:31 PM
The bowls are heating up already, and Oregon just got SPANKED by BYU! There's going to be many a sad Duck fan round these parts!

GO BUCKS!

owendonovan
12-21-2006, 08:39 PM
Ooops I thought it was a different bowl. ;)

mmmm8
12-21-2006, 08:39 PM

Sebs made a pun!

Sebastien447
12-21-2006, 08:59 PM

Sebs made a pun!

Yay me! [smiley=overhead_clap.gif]

Oh yeah ...

GO BUCKS!

Kirkus
12-21-2006, 09:00 PM
Nice avatar, mmmm8. :P

mmmm8
12-21-2006, 09:20 PM

Grazie.

We used to have an inside joke in high school. It was basically about the possible pains of committing suicide by puncturing one's heart with a spork.

Aparently, there are more people online who fear such an end.

Sebastien447
12-22-2006, 03:12 PM

Grazie.

We used to have an inside joke in high school. It was basically about the possible pains of committing suicide by puncturing one's heart with a spork.

Aparently, there are more people online who fear such an end.

If I know kirkitude, which I do, I would say he was making a joke about the nothingness of having your avatar disappear last night. But that is sure an interesting affliction! - fear of death by spork!

[smiley=spank2.gif]

Sebastien447
12-22-2006, 06:41 PM
The National Championship game is Jan 8. This from the Buckeye board ...

The Gators will shut down the OSU ofense and get a bunch of turnovers. If they could not stop Michigan on defense wait until they see a team with explosive offensive and special teams speed. This game will be decided by halftime and the fools from Michigan will be glad they didn't have to be embarresed by playing a team from the SEC.

Ah, the "Southern speed" thing again. Didn't we sort of disprove that against the Canes a few years ago? And don't we happen to have receivers (Ginn, Gonzalez, Small, etc.) that are among the fastest (not to mention among the most talented) in the country, and just happen to be from Ohio? Sorry, pal, but that argument means precisely nothing.

The Gators have a nice team, good enough to win the SEC. But I see four big problems for Meyer & Co:

1) UF's offense relies too much on gadget plays. Go to the well one too many times, and you'll get burned.

2) Chris Leak is way too inconsistent, and Tebow, no matter how good he is, is still a freshman. Our defense takes advantage of every mistake the offense makes. My guess is, Leak will make several.

3) Your kicking game (or lack thereof).

4) People here in Florida (I live in St. Pete) are talking about how "you can't give Urban Meyer this much time to put a game plan together, and that's why the Gators are gonna win". That's exactly what people were saying about Charlie Weis in last year's build-up to the Fiesta Bowl, and we all know what happened. Does UF have a better D than the Irish? Well, who doesn't? I'll still take Tressel as a big-game coach over Urban Meyer.

We have a QB who makes very few mistakes and rises up in big games. We have a dual threat at RB. We have one of the best receiving corps in the nation. Our defense is better than the Hawk-Carpenter-Schlegel defense of last year. And our special teams trump UF's in nearly every category, save blocked kicks.

I'm not saying it will be a blowout, like others here. But when the smoke clears, the Buckeyes will be holding up the crystal football in the desert.

Sebastien447
12-29-2006, 03:06 PM
GREAT GAME!!! Oregon State just drove down for a TD to possibly tie the game at the end of regulation, but they WENT FOR TWO INSTEAD AND WON THE GAME!

Oregon St. 39
Mizz 38

WOW

jjnow
12-29-2006, 08:07 PM
GREAT GAME!!! Oregon State just drove down for a TD to possibly tie the game at the end of regulation, but they WENT FOR TWO INSTEAD AND WON THE GAME!

Oregon St. 39
Mizz 38

WOW
Sounds like an awesome game. I watched about 1/2 hour of it.

jj

Sebastien447
12-30-2006, 12:20 PM

Oregon St. 39
Mizz 38

WOW

jj

Turns out that was nothing! Check out this game (http://cfn.scout.com/2/557827.html ) that nobody could watch because it was on the NFL channel. Damnit Gophers, how'd you guys blow that one?!

Sebastien447
01-05-2007, 12:01 PM

Oregon St. 39
Mizz 38

WOW

jj

Turns out that was nothing! Check out this game (http://cfn.scout.com/2/557827.html ) that nobody could watch because it was on the NFL channel. Damnit Gophers, how'd you guys blow that one?!

Well, I don't know how, but it got even better. The Boise St. victory over Oklahoma was amazing - one of the most fun CFB games that I've ever seen.

But now it's time to cook some gators! GO BUCKS!!!

araminta
01-05-2007, 12:31 PM
Hey Seb!

The Boise State game was such a pleasure to watch! That quarterback looks like he should be snow boarding or doing that half pipe stuff! Those guys were insane! And how about that engagement?

Another phenomenal bowl game was the beat down that the Fighting Tigers of LSU put on Notre Dame! Geaux Tigers!!!! I'm sure everyone thought it was boring.

Are you ready for Monday? Chomp! Chomp!

Sebastien447
01-05-2007, 05:47 PM
Hey Seb!

The Boise State game was such a pleasure to watch! That quarterback looks like he should be snow boarding or doing that half pipe stuff! Those guys were insane! And how about that engagement?

Another phenomenal bowl game was the beat down that the Fighting Tigers of LSU put on Notre Dame! Geaux Tigers!!!! I'm sure everyone thought it was boring.

Are you ready for Monday? Chomp! Chomp!

I'm glad that LSU showed one more time how over-rated the Irish were this year.

I've heard the BSU game is being put in many fans' greatest CFB games ever list. The proposal adds that much more to the story of that game. Great non-stop fun it was!

Monday scares me because the Bucks are widely favored. This has not worked well for them in the past, but under Tress all is well, I'M NOT WORRIED!

*begins to bite nails* <== smilie request