PDA

View Full Version : TSiP Announcements!

beaujarkko
03-28-2011, 02:41 PM
Hey everybody... we're up!

This contest is open to ALL participants, returning and new.

Welcome to The 2011 Slide into Paris!

I won't bore you with all "The Slide into Paris" details here, because I'm going to bore you all with them HERE! --> How it Works

You must go to that thread to familiarize yourselves with all aspects of the competition!

Be sure to check this thread periodically to keep yourselves apprised of any changes or other information. Last year, this thread was particularly helpful in answering start-of-play and trade deadline questions.

Good luck!

ponchi101
03-28-2011, 06:18 PM
Ok, so this is crazy, but bear with me.
Shouldn't we take Rafa out of this contest? Here is my point.
Rafa will not play Casablanca nor Houston. So you can't pick him for week one, and also, being the most expensive player, you have to leave yourself a cushion for week 2. Then on week 2, you have to pick him (which means at least one trade for everybody). Then YOU KNOW HE IS NOT GOING TO PLAY BARCELONA. Right? So either you take him out, or risk having him in and announce his retirement after the deadline. Again, everybody suffers. And if you take him out, you have to get him in again for Madrid and Rome.
So Rafa distorts everything. He means that everybody has in reality three trades (because you must have him on clay) and yet, nobody gains anything because everybody must have him. He is a default.
Plus, being the most expensive guy, further distortions.
I know, I know, here goes Ponchi whining again, but think about it. Rafa throws a wrench on everybody's team, and yet he is of no gain because everybody must have him.
I will go sit in my corner now.

Drop-shot
03-28-2011, 06:37 PM
Shouldn't we take Rafa out of this contest? Here is my point.
Rafa will not play Casablanca nor Houston. So you can't pick him for week one, and also, being the most expensive player, you have to leave yourself a cushion for week 2. Then on week 2, you have to pick him (which means at least one trade for everybody). Then YOU KNOW HE IS NOT GOING TO PLAY BARCELONA. Right? So either you take him out, or risk having him in and announce his retirement after the deadline. Again, everybody suffers. And if you take him out, you have to get him in again for Madrid and Rome.
So Rafa distorts everything. He means that everybody has in reality three trades (because you must have him on clay) and yet, nobody gains anything because everybody must have him. He is a default.
I know, I know, here goes Ponchi whining again, but think about it. Rafa throws a wrench on everybody's team, and yet he is of no gain because everybody must have him.
I will go sit in my corner now.

Good boy!

;)

ptmcmahon
03-30-2011, 02:44 AM
Shouldn't we take Rafa out of this contest? Here is my point...so either you take him out, or risk having him in and announce his retirement after the deadline. Again, everybody suffers. And if you take him out, you have to get him in again for Madrid and Rome.

Sounds like a good argument for having him in to me - the strategy I guess is really whether to start with him or decide whoever else you start with is worth the "trade"

waylandboy-tw
04-03-2011, 06:54 PM
Casablanca's order of play is scheduled for 11 AM local time (6 AM EST USA) on April 4 so just about 8 hours left to get your teams in.

beaujarkko
04-08-2011, 01:45 PM
The Monte Carlo website states that main draw play will begin Sunday at 11AM local time, so all substitutions that you wish to take effect for that tournament must be in by that time. That is 5AM EST, 2AM PST Sunday morning.

beaujarkko
04-15-2011, 06:07 AM
The ATP website indicates that main draw play in Barcelona will begin Monday. No exact time is listed, so stay tuned for further information, but all subs will be due by the start of play that day.

waylandboy-tw
04-17-2011, 11:30 AM
Monday's OOP has been released and the first match begins at 10:30 A.M. (4:30 EST, 1:30 PST). All trades for Barcelona MUST be completed by then.

waylandboy-tw
04-22-2011, 09:56 AM
According to the Munich website, main draw play starts on Sunday, April 24. The order of play is expected for 11:00 am (5am EST, 2am PST). All trades for Munich/Belgrade/Estoril will be due then.

beaujarkko
04-23-2011, 11:59 AM
Bumping for the substitution announcement above.

beaujarkko
05-07-2011, 06:04 AM
Okay, the ATP site has it listed that main draw play for Rome begins Sunday (probably one of those stupid one-match dealies) so we are going to tentatively say that all final subs are due by 10AM local time (as that is when play started this morning - this is 4AM EST, 1 AM PST) until we see something different. Best of luck going into the last week!

And just a heads up: in the case of a Nadal over Djokovic final, there are about 10 people within about 40-50 points of the lead!

ptmcmahon
05-07-2011, 08:43 AM
Yeah, there will probably be one early morning match between two people on no one's teams and then nothing else for the rest of the day :)