PDA

View Full Version : TSiP Terra Cotta Lounge

beaujarkko
03-28-2011, 02:33 PM
C’mon over. The clay’s fine, and you know all of your player choices will perform exactly as well as you’ve expected them to. Yikes.

Post your accomplishments, vent your frustrations, and commiserate with others over your (probably) alcoholic beverages as you watch all the action, retirements, and withdrawals.

waylandboy-tw
03-29-2011, 06:40 PM
Welcome back for the 6th annual TSiP, or as it is affectionately called in some circles, Rafa and his 11 disciples. :cool:

This contest is unique amongst the rest as it is more of a “grind”, similar to the very playing surface it represents. Nine tournaments over six long weeks.

I’m honored this year to co-pilot the ship along with your Captain Beaujarkko. Similar to the last contest, ATW, we will be providing mid-week scoring updates once we reach the quarterfinals with scenarios to follow after that. The official scoreboard as always will be posted at the end of each week’s tournaments.

I’d also like to thank Nike for designing yet another shoe for me that I will display proudly as my new avatar throughout the contest period. :cheesy:

http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/4749/tsipshoe2011withname.jpg
Also, back by popular demand (and in the spirit of good fun) are the latest odds to take home this prestigious title. :)

Waylandboy 3-1. Hoping to carry momentum from his recent ATW victory, this 2009 champion is looking to avenge the disappointment of 2010 and win his second on the terra battue.

Miles 3-1. The 2008 champion and winner of this year’s AMiTS. Let’s just say I like his chances.

Omegadoom 4-1. This incredibly talented fantasy tennis player just needs to break through on clay to medal on all surfaces.

Beaujarkko 9-2. Can the reigning silver medalist and fast contest starter keep it up and go one step further this time?

Dryrunguy 6-1. Has silenced the critics with a fantastic start in 2011. Having medaled in both contests this season, can he finally get the 500 lb gorilla off his back and win TFT gold?

Natkl 7-1. Still waiting on confirmation, but if she plays, the defending champ has to be given her due.

Moose 8-1. After a brief hiatus, he looks refreshed and motivated to improve on last year’s 4th place finish.

Oploskoffie 9-1. TAT’s only 4-time fantasy tennis champion. Long overdue for some new hardware and should be motivated for the clay court season.

Drop-shot 10-1. Always dangerous and usually in the mix at the end, this oft-medalist looks poised to break the seal on 2011.

Patrick 12-1. A gallant knight had journeyed long in search of El Dorado.

Fiercehart 13-1. Plays a consistent style and a threat in nearly every contest.

Suliso 13-1. Always aggressive and willingness to take chances which may prove a valiant strategy for this tough competitor.

MysterX 14-1. The 2006 champion, appears to be this year’s dangerous floater. Beware!

Nelslus 15-1. Has struggled in odd years plus this being the year of the golden rabbit. Mmm, could be painful.

Luvs10s 17-1. Last year’s bronze medalist finally broke through. Encore?

Togtdyalttai 20-1. A sentimental favorite of the locals. Will be looking to avenge his recent near miss in ATW and claim his first fantasy tennis medal.

The Field 22-1. Last year the unknown Natkl broke through to take the title. Could there be another unheralded player this time ready to take the contest by storm?

Ptmcmahon 25-1. At least one of his “original teams” is sure to do well.

Ponchi101 30-1. To Rafa or not to Rafa. Is that really the question?

That’s all I’ve got kids. Good luck to all! :)

dryrunguy
03-29-2011, 07:06 PM
Ponchi101 30-1. To Rafa or not to Rafa. Is that really the question?

This line in particular made me laugh out loud.

ponchi101
03-29-2011, 07:12 PM
Ha Ha Ha. You will see how we all are going to be laughing when you have to burn two trades because of Nadal.
(I would be really mad were it not for the fact that I find the odds to be rather generous).
:p

beaujarkko
03-29-2011, 07:25 PM
Nice, wayland! Nailed my short bio, too. :)

ptmcmahon
03-30-2011, 02:49 AM
Oploskoffie 9-1. TAT’s only 4-time fantasy tennis champion.

Found that fact interesting...would've thought with all the contests someone would have more ... or several would have four.

dryrunguy
04-02-2011, 02:22 PM
No Sunday starts the week, right?

Synth
04-04-2011, 03:06 AM
Looking ahead, I'm pretty sure I'm not going to have anyone playing in Munich. And I barely have anyone playing in Houston. There's so many freaking tournaments going on at the same time!

Charlie02123
04-04-2011, 09:14 AM
Charlie's Odds: 1-1

Bring it.

:p

waylandboy-tw
04-04-2011, 11:05 AM
Here is the breakdown for the 31 teams entered.

A
30- Nadal
25- Djokovic
16- Fish
14- Ferrer
3- Federer, Almagro
1- Verdasco, Soderling

B
29- Montanes
14- Simon
13- Garcia-Lopez
10- Golubev
9- Querrey
3- Monaco
2- Dolgopolov, Baghdatis, Isner, Raonic
1- Tsonga, Troicki, Gasquet, Robredo, Bellucci, Kohlschreiber, Mayer

C
12- Starace
10- Del Potro, Hanescu
9- Davydenko, Granollers
8- Cuevas
6- Fognini, Gimeno-Traver
5- Andujar, Dimitrov
2- Lopez, Tipsarevic, Ferrero, Becker
1- Malisse, Giraldo, Chardy, Nishikori, Petzschner

D
13- Andreev
12- Devvarman
10- Riba, Serra
9- Berlocq
7- Gabashvili
4- Berankis, Volandri, Kavcic, Ramirez Hildalgo
3- Gil
2- Kamke, Benneteau, Schuettler, Zeballos, Gonzalez
1- Berrer, Brands, Russell

Good luck to all!

James7
04-04-2011, 11:07 AM
I don't even get odds.

Probably a safe assumption given that I typically don't bother to do trades. ;)

ptmcmahon
04-04-2011, 12:39 PM
The Nadal 30 is about to become Nadal 31- I'm assuming most of us Fish pickers are dumping him this week - I figured by not starting with Nadal it would make it much easier to make myself a unique team.

Surprised only one other person took Baghdatis besides I.

Drop-shot
04-04-2011, 04:09 PM
The Nadal 30 is about to become Nadal 31- I'm assuming most of us Fish pickers are dumping him this week - I figured by not starting with Nadal it would make it much easier to make myself a unique team.

I was surprised as well. I kept thinking, "do they know something I don't?".

dryrunguy
04-04-2011, 05:06 PM

I'm too lazy to look it up. But doesn't Baghdatis have a fairly horrific clay record? I took Hanescu in that section. Which based on his match today was a fairly stupid assumption.

ponchi101
04-04-2011, 05:12 PM

Fish is gone after week one, for sure. I took him over Novak, but I will trade him in a few days. I believe he can get Houston (I saw him play on clay here in Bogota, and he was sliding better than I expected).
Not to mention the quality of the field is low enough for him to get to the semis with very little problem.
I am surprised Devarman was picked by a lot of us (comparatively).

ptmcmahon
04-04-2011, 06:17 PM
I wasn't necessarily defending Baghdatis as a good pick...just surprised not many people took him :)

dryrunguy
04-04-2011, 06:38 PM
I wasn't necessarily defending Baghdatis as a good pick...just surprised not many people took him :)

Well, he's scheduled to play every week, so he's worth consideration. I just didn't see him coming out of that section. But he very well may. As the ATP becomes more WTAish, more power to him.

shtexas
04-05-2011, 11:24 AM
Looking ahead, I'm pretty sure I'm not going to have anyone playing in Munich. And I barely have anyone playing in Houston. There's so many freaking tournaments going on at the same time!

It's not necessarily a bad thing. One year, I "front-loaded" to get off to a good start and all my players in Houston either withdrew or lost in the first round. Then, I had to burn all my substitutions early.

dryrunguy
04-05-2011, 11:39 AM
It's not necessarily a bad thing. One year, I "front-loaded" to get off to a good start and all my players in Houston either withdrew or lost in the first round. Then, I had to burn all my substitutions early.

Wayland has made a deal of the fact that I've been pretty consistent in fantasy tennis so far this year. The other day as I was trying to put my team together, I thought long and hard about what the difference has been for me in 2011 compared to past events. Of course, you have to have the right players to rack up points and you have to pay attention. But there's also quite a bit of luck required along the way. You need for all your guys to stay healthy, you need them to show up, you need them to land in the right sections of draws (not having all your guys land in one half of the draw), you need at least one surpriser on your team (calling Lourdes Dominguez Lino!) you need other participants' players to falter (I wouldn't have medaled in ATW if Wozniacki hadn't lost to Bepa in that one final), etc.

There's so much that can go wrong. And the more I play, the more convinced I become that you can't do well in one of these things without a generous portion of just plain dumb luck.

waylandboy-tw
04-05-2011, 12:42 PM
Wayland has made a deal of the fact that I've been pretty consistent in fantasy tennis so far this year. The other day as I was trying to put my team together, I thought long and hard about what the difference has been for me in 2011 compared to past events. Of course, you have to have the right players to rack up points and you have to pay attention. But there's also quite a bit of luck required along the way. You need for all your guys to stay healthy, you need them to show up, you need them to land in the right sections of draws (not having all your guys land in one half of the draw), you need at least one surpriser on your team (calling Lourdes Dominguez Lino!) you need other participants' players to falter (I wouldn't have medaled in ATW if Wozniacki hadn't lost to Bepa in that one final), etc.

There's so much that can go wrong. And the more I play, the more convinced I become that you can't do well in one of these things without a generous portion of just plain dumb luck.

Oh, knock off the modesty. You told me it was all due to drinking Tiger Blood:cheesy:

dryrunguy
04-05-2011, 01:25 PM
Oh, knock off the modesty. You told me it was all due to drinking Tiger Blood:cheesy:

Detroit also booed my one-man fantasy tennis show. Rough crowd. :(

waylandboy-tw
04-05-2011, 01:46 PM
Detroit also booed my one-man fantasy tennis show. Rough crowd. :(

Yeah, they expect gold medals, not just silver and bronze;)
Even if you did refer to your ATW team as the goddesses

dryrunguy
04-05-2011, 01:54 PM
Yeah, they expect gold medals, not just silver and bronze;)
Even if you did refer to your ATW team as the goddesses

Bitch.

omess
04-06-2011, 07:59 AM
Yup he is out , he lost to some qualifier

ptmcmahon
04-06-2011, 11:55 AM

I'd like to apologize for jinxing Baghdatis by bringing this up...sorry Drop! :(

ponchi101
04-06-2011, 11:58 AM

You with the 16 medals.
So if it boils down to luck, could you please send via PM Mephistopheles cell phone number? Because the only way I win one of these is selling my soul then... ;)

dryrunguy
04-06-2011, 12:15 PM
You with the 16 medals.
So if it boils down to luck, could you please send via PM Mephistopheles cell phone number? Because the only way I win one of these is selling my soul then... ;)

LOL! It's doesn't boil down to luck. I'm just saying one needs some luck along the way.

As for selling your soul. Damn you for making that sound like a bad thing! :cheesy:

Drop-shot
04-06-2011, 06:04 PM
I'd like to apologize for jinxing Baghdatis by bringing this up...sorry Drop! :(

I blame myself. He always seems like a good pick but has failed me consistently.

dryrunguy
04-06-2011, 06:11 PM
Sam Querrey is a waste of space.

dryrunguy
04-06-2011, 06:26 PM

In a sewer.

waylandboy-tw
04-06-2011, 06:26 PM

Yes:mad:

dryrunguy
04-06-2011, 06:30 PM
Yes:mad:

How many break points did he have in the last game? I counted at least five. It was probably more like six or seven.

What a useless piece of garbage.

Should have known he'd get intimated by a lesser American. Hell, Sam is probably afraid of Bambi.

ptmcmahon
04-07-2011, 03:57 AM
The subs thread looks like it could be renamed the "drop Fish" thread this week.

ponchi101
04-07-2011, 08:16 AM
Wasn't that the whole point? As I said, you must have Nadal in the team, the way Nole is playing he is the other obvious choice, and then you can decide your third Class A player. But with Rafa and Nole not playing the first week, and Fish being the sole Class A player playing that week, it seemed reasonable.
Lets hope he gets some points, otherwise...

---
I have Volandri and Ramirez in my team. Now, I checked the Monte Carlo thread, and they were both in the qualifying draw. I thought I would have to change them because of course, playing in Casablanca they would not make it there.
Surprise, they both lost today, easily. I wonder if the ATP realized there are conflicts of interest there, since they could have tanked in order to get to the qualies in MC (where they can make more money).
Lets hope they do qualify.

waylandboy-tw
04-07-2011, 06:19 PM
Here's the first mid-week scoreboard as we've reached the QFs of Casablanca and Houston. Miles is the only person who still has 7 players remaining. It's very early of course and there are still a lot of points left this week and beyond. Good luck to all as you contemplate those trades!:)

Miles- 95 (Fish, Montanes, Simon, Hanescu, Cuevas, Andujar, Riba)

Jkfriedman- 92 (Fish, Montanes, GGL, Fognini, Cuevas, Riba)

Dryrunguy- 88 (Fish, Montanes, Starace, Hanescu, Cuevas, Riba)

Ponchi101- 87 (Fish, Montanes, GGL, Simon, Fognini, Cuevas)

MysterX- 83 (Fish, Montanes, GGL, Starace, Riba, Gabashvili)

Patrick- 83 (Montanes, Simon, Hanescu, Cuevas, Andujar, Riba)

TennisAnyone74- 76 (Fish, GGL, Simon, Fognini, Hanescu)

Garp6- 76 (Fish, Montanes, GGL, Fognini, Hanescu)

Tinamarie- 76 (Fish, Montanes, Simon, Isner, Hanescu)

Shtexas- 75 (Fish, Montanes, Simon, Hanescu, Cuevas)

Omegadoom- 75 (Fish, Montanes, Simon, Starace, Riba)

Synth- 73 (Fish, Montanes, Simon, Starace, Fognini)

Waylandboy- 71 (Montanes, GGL, Starace, Andujar, Riba)

Ptmcmahon- 70 (Fish, Montanes, Starace, Gabashvili)

E11even- 64 (Montanes, GGL, Simon, Hanescu)

Fiercehart- 63 (Montanes, Simon, Fognini, Riba)

Oploskoffie- 63 (Fish, Simon, Hanescu, Gabashvili)

James7- 61 (Montanes, GGL, Starace, Nishikori, Gabashvili)

Omess- 60 (Fish, Montanes, Hanescu, Riba)

FEBravo- 59 (Montanes, GGL, Simon, Gabashvili)

Drop-shot- 56 (Montanes, Simon, Starace, Gabashvili)

Moose- 55 (Fish, Montanes, Simon, Starace)

Munchin- 55 (Fish, Montanes, Cuevas, Andujar)

Daveg- 48 (Montanes, GGL, Starace)

Togtdyalttai- 47 (Montanes, Starace, Cuevas)

Natkl- 46 (Montanes, Isner, Starace)

Ribbons- 42 (Montanes, GGL, Gabashvili)

Lukeorion- 40 (Montanes, GGL)

Vexchaps- 40 (Montanes, Andujar)

Charlie02123- 30 (Montanes, Riba)

Just horsen- 30 (Montanes, GGL)

dryrunguy
04-08-2011, 10:16 AM
Potito!!!!! :banana::banana::banana:

ponchi101
04-08-2011, 01:28 PM
Anybody knows when will Del Potro play again? His website is so out of date it still has him ranked at # 5...

patrick
04-08-2011, 01:30 PM
Anybody knows when will Del Potro play again? His website is so out of date it still has him ranked at # 5...

Estoril, I believe if his wrist is OK

ptmcmahon
04-08-2011, 08:31 PM
Sweeting is tearing through my team!

Meanwhile...Querrey and Djokvoic out of Monte Carlo? Sheeze.

waylandboy-tw
04-08-2011, 08:41 PM
Week 1 semi-final preview

Miles, Dryrunguy, and Patrick are the only ones who have four players left and either Miles or Dry will end up being the week 1 leader. Congrats!

Also, special kudos to James7 for being the only Nishikori picker.

Beaujarkko will post the final week 1 scoreboard at the end of the week.

Good luck to all and enjoy the weekend of tennis!:)

ptmcmahon
04-08-2011, 09:48 PM
So after all of that, looks like it DOES matter that I decided to start with Djokovic and trade in Nadal (way to be clever self) - wound up wasting a trade this way. Wonder how many of the 5 without Djokovic were planning to add him - at least one was!

James7
04-09-2011, 03:55 AM
:D

Finally... something to be smug about. ;)

ponchi101
04-09-2011, 09:41 AM
So after all of that, looks like it DOES matter that I decided to start with Djokovic and trade in Nadal (way to be clever self) - wound up wasting a trade this way. Wonder how many of the 5 without Djokovic were planning to add him - at least one was!

I was. So I finally caught a break in these contests.
And after you were joking about my LETS VOID NADAL rant, look at what is happening. By Monte Carlo, everybody has him. So nobody gains anything, and the ones that did not start with him have to burn one trade.
I stand by my original post.
(There is no emoticon about being a jerk and smug at the same time, so just imagine it at the end of that last sentence).

ptmcmahon
04-09-2011, 07:13 PM
And after you were joking about my LETS VOID NADAL rant, look at what is happening. By Monte Carlo, everybody has him. So nobody gains anything, and the ones that did not start with him have to burn one trade.
(There is no emoticon about being a jerk and smug at the same time, so just imagine it at the end of that last sentence).

Let me correct you and say the ONE person who didn't start him has to burn a trade :o

Charlie02123
04-09-2011, 08:33 PM
:hyst:

That's awesome.

Prehistory
04-10-2011, 03:00 AM
Spam deleted

waylandboy-tw
04-10-2011, 03:34 AM
Monte Carlo trade summary

38 trades were completed

Adds
Federer +18
Ferrer +9
Almagro +3
Verdasco +2
Nadal, Murray, Garcia-Lopez, Robredo, Kohlschreiber, Starace +1

Drops
Djokovic -20
Fish -14
Querrey -3
Ferrero -1

Also, special mention that TinaMarie has won the MC week the past three years so it will be interesting to watch her go after her 4th while Nadal chases his 7th:)

dryrunguy
04-10-2011, 07:59 AM
Pablo Andujar and Lourdes Dominguez Lino should hook up. :rolleyes:

Synth
04-10-2011, 08:12 AM
Ugh. Djokovic. Second week, and I'm already down to my last trade. And I might have trade Novak back in! Oy vey!

ptmcmahon
04-10-2011, 11:24 AM
Did you use four trades? It is five total we get.

beaujarkko
04-10-2011, 11:33 AM
Ugh. Djokovic. Second week, and I'm already down to my last trade. And I might have trade Novak back in! Oy vey!

You get five substitutions for this competition since it runs so many weeks, so you actually have two remaining. Hurrah!

dryrunguy
04-10-2011, 11:45 AM
You get five substitutions for this competition since it runs so many weeks, so you actually have two remaining. Hurrah!

Except for miles. He only gets three. :evil:

Miles
04-10-2011, 11:50 AM
Except for miles. He only gets three. :evil:

Thank god you're no longer contest director.
:devil:

dryrunguy
04-10-2011, 11:53 AM
Thank god you're no longer contest director.
:devil:

And drop-shot only gets two. His South American roots give him an unfair advantage. :evil:

Drop-shot
04-10-2011, 02:24 PM
And drop-shot only gets two. His South American roots give him an unfair advantage. :evil:

Let it be noted that those two trades are subject to South American inflation and are predicted to end up being 8. :cheesy:

dryrunguy
04-10-2011, 02:35 PM
Let it be noted that those two trades are subject to South American inflation and are predicted to end up being 8. :cheesy:

:hyst::hyst:

Synth
04-10-2011, 11:36 PM

Oh sweet! I should read the rules more carefully! I was hoping to switch JMDP in at some point in time.

shtexas
04-11-2011, 08:57 AM
Thank God I never traded in Youzhny. Yes, I actually considered it. Lol...

dryrunguy
04-11-2011, 09:10 AM
Thank God I never traded in Youzhny. Yes, I actually considered it. Lol...

This, of course, means he'll win Munich.

ptmcmahon
04-11-2011, 10:49 AM
Oh Marcos!

ptmcmahon
04-13-2011, 12:42 PM
A-List or bust for me this week ... sheeze :)

Charlie02123
04-13-2011, 01:02 PM
My lower players are doing well for me this week. Robredo, Almagro, and Gil are still in, and Riba qualified and won a match.

I have Ferrer instead of Federer, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed there.

ptmcmahon
04-13-2011, 01:10 PM
3 Non-A people left? I have 3 left total :)

dryrunguy
04-13-2011, 01:15 PM
At this point, I'm just glad Federer didn't lose to BYE.

patrick
04-13-2011, 02:10 PM
At this point, I'm just glad Federer didn't lose to BYE.

Or, Nadal.

James7
04-13-2011, 04:25 PM
Does anyone NOT have Nadal? It's kind of a wash regardless of his result.

ptmcmahon
04-13-2011, 06:51 PM
Everyone has Nadal. His only way of affecting the contest is by beating people's other players.

beaujarkko
04-14-2011, 11:03 AM
Pre-QF Monte Carlo Scores Update

Not a whole lot of movement, what with five of the quarterfinalists coming out of Group A, and not a whole lot of (read: no) faith in Ljubicic. The Gils will hope for a major upset of Murray (whereas shtexas will be the only one reaping points from each Murray victory) and Moose will likely be somewhat torn between wanting his boy Ferrer to win and earning more points with Troicki.

Also watch out for defending TSiP champion natkl, as she and lukeorion are the only people with four players left, and could theoretically have all four semifinalists on their teams. Nice.

Good luck all!

Miles – 271 (Nadal, Federer, Ferrer)
patrick – 259 (Nadal, Federer, Ferrer)
waylandboy-tw – 244 (Nadal, Federer, Ferrer)
dryrunguy – 236 (Nadal, Federer, Ferrer)
Synth – 226 (Nadal, Federer, Ferrer)
ponchi101 – 222 (Nadal, Federer, Ferrer)
shtexas – 210 (Nadal, Murray, Ferrer)
James7 – 207 (Nadal, Ferrer)
munchin – 206 (Nadal, Federer, Ferrer)
Moose – 202 (Nadal, Federer, Troicki)
Drop-shot – 201 (Nadal, Federer, Ferrer)
mysterX – 200 (Nadal, Ferrer)
Omegadoom – 200 (Nadal, Federer)
natkl – 197 (Nadal, Federer, Ferrer, Gil)
garp6 – 196 (Nadal, Federer, Ferrer)
ptmcmahon – 196 (Nadal, Federer, Ferrer)
e11even – 192 (Nadal, Federer, Ferrer)
Fiercehart – 191 (Nadal, Ferrer)
FEBravo – 189 (Nadal, Federer, Ferrer)
dave g – 188 (Nadal, Federer, Ferrer)
tinamarie – 181 (Nadal, Federer)
lukeorion – 170 (Nadal, Federer, Ferrer, Gil)
TennisAnyone74 – 169 (Nadal, Ferrer)
jkfriedman – 167 (Nadal)
Charlie02123 – 165 (Nadal, Ferrer, Gil)
oploskoffie – 164 (Nadal, Federer)
vexchaps – 162 (Nadal, Ferrer)
Togtdyalttai – 155 (Nadal, Ferrer)
just horsen – 142 (Nadal, Federer)
Ribbons – 139 (Nadal, Federer)
omess – 138 (Nadal)

James7
04-14-2011, 11:42 AM
The Almagro gamble lost. Oh well. :p

dryrunguy
04-14-2011, 11:47 AM
The Almagro gamble lost. Oh well. :p

It was worth a shot!

I'm anxious to see how shtexas' gamble with Murray pans out. He sure is looking like a sure bet for the semis. And even if that's all the further he gets, it was probably worth it.

ptmcmahon
04-14-2011, 11:50 AM
He had a wicked draw and when I saw it come out I stopped and thought for a minute about doing it. Then I remembered it was Murray.

shtexas
04-14-2011, 12:28 PM
It was worth a shot!

I'm anxious to see how shtexas' gamble with Murray pans out. He sure is looking like a sure bet for the semis. And even if that's all the further he gets, it was probably worth it.

Except I don't have Fed. Murray will have to reach at least the semis here, not pull out of Barcelona, and go far there as well. It was a lot to expect.

beaujarkko
04-15-2011, 05:45 AM
Except I don't have Fed. Murray will have to reach at least the semis here, not pull out of Barcelona, and go far there as well. It was a lot to expect.

Or, Fed would have to lose to Melzer...

Federer's quarterfinal loss makes things very simple this week for placement: there are only three scenarios for the highest scores in Monte Carlo.

Note: All the statements below are contingent upon my having done the math right. (Read: It is possible I made a mistake, but here goes, anyway...)

If Murray wins one match, Charlie02123 and shtexas tie for the victory this week, with the triumvirate of FEBravo, lukeorion, and Synth tying for third.

If Murray wins more than one match (best of luck, Andy!), the above stays the same except that shtexas takes the lead outright.

If Gil upsets Murray, Charlie wins the week, followed by lukeorion and natkl, the three people who have him on their teams.

The scoreboard will be updated at the conclusion of play Sunday, and look for an announcement about when trades for Barcelona will be due.

ptmcmahon
04-17-2011, 05:21 AM
What did I do to anger the draw gods so much...

(1)Rafael Nadal (ESP)/BYE
Daniel Gimeno Traver (ESP) vs Potito Starace (ITA)

Got the first 3 in the draw...and also got both sides of Montanes - Gabashvalli. Was it my comment about JCF...

Ribbons
04-17-2011, 12:32 PM

Got the first 3 in the draw...and also got both sides of Montanes - Gabashvalli. Was it my comment about JCF...

Look at it this way -- at least you're guaranteed two players who will earn you points in the first round. ;-)

Synth
04-17-2011, 04:13 PM

I'm in the same boat.

Meh. I think I'm going to take a hit anyway in Barcelona, had to burn two trades trading out Djoko and that useless Querrey, so I'm short one A lister in this tournament. And I'm thinking Fish wasn't that great of a trade as well. And there's two people I still want on my team, and neither of them are playing this week. :(

waylandboy-tw
04-18-2011, 04:29 AM
Barcelona Trade summary

26 trades were completed. Here is the breakdown:

Adds
13- Soderling
4- Ferrer, Murray
1- Monfils, Garcia-Lopez, Lopez, Riba, Berankis

Drops
18- Federer
2- Djokovic
1- Almagro, Fish, Robredo, del Potro, Serra, Gonzalez

Good luck as we approach the contest mid-point at the end of this week!

ponchi101
04-18-2011, 05:39 AM
And with the need to make a move in order to move up in the race, Ramirez Hidalgo goes up 4-0 in the third, with his serve, and he blows the match. What a $%&@#~!!!!

patrick
04-18-2011, 05:41 AM
And with the need to make a move in order to move up in the race, Ramirez Hidalgo goes up 4-0 in the third, with his serve, and he blows the match. What a $%&@#~!!!!

That is not the first time he blew a double break lead in the final set. He had Federer 5-1 in the decider at Monte Carlo a few years ago.

shtexas
04-18-2011, 10:38 AM
Barcelona Trade summary

26 trades were completed. Here is the breakdown:

Adds
13- Soderling
4- Ferrer, Murray
1- Monfils, Garcia-Lopez, Lopez, Riba, Berankis

Drops
18- Federer
2- Djokovic
1- Almagro, Fish, Robredo, del Potro, Serra, Gonzalez

Good luck as we approach the contest mid-point at the end of this week!

I'm surprised people added Murray since he may not play. I almost dumped him, but needed to save the rest of my trades for later.

dryrunguy
04-18-2011, 11:13 AM
That is not the first time he blew a double break lead in the final set. He had Federer 5-1 in the decider at Monte Carlo a few years ago.

Ruben is a red hot mess. I always shudder when I see his name in a draw when predictions are due.

Charlie02123
04-18-2011, 01:20 PM
My 3 B players all won today, and my little engine that could Giraldo beat a seed! Huzzah!

mysterX
04-18-2011, 06:03 PM
I'm surprised people added Murray since he may not play. I almost dumped him, but needed to save the rest of my trades for later.

I took a risk and went with Murray, even though I am worried about him showing up. I chose Andy over Soderling since Andy is in a different half of the draw from Rafa, and I give Murray a better shot at beating Ferrer that I do of Robin taking down Nadal.

But when if he withdraws, it will be a moot point. :(

dryrunguy
04-18-2011, 06:20 PM
I'm not sure Soderling is much more certain this week. Wasn't he supposed to play last week but didn't because he wasn't ready?

The only advantage with Soderling, though, is that he's supposed to play Estoril.

The key word there is "supposed."

Moose
04-18-2011, 07:06 PM
I'm surprised people added Murray since he may not play.

Tom Tebbutt (a tennis writer for Toronto's Globe and Mail, who is alo occasionally picked up by the NYT) said earlier today that Murray's getting a 200,000 Euro apearance fee for playing. Wonder if that impacts his playing

Charlie02123
04-18-2011, 09:08 PM
I'm not sure Soderling is much more certain this week. Wasn't he supposed to play last week but didn't because he wasn't ready?

The only advantage with Soderling, though, is that he's supposed to play Estoril.

I'm feeling good about all my lower ranked players this week. I think Almagro, Montanes, and Monaco all have good shots to get to the quarters and maybe beyond.

I wanted a lower ranked guy with a chance in the Soderling/Berdych quarter, so I traded in Garcia-Lopez. He at least won his first match, so I'm happy with him no matter what happens next.

dryrunguy
04-18-2011, 09:18 PM
I'm feeling good about all my lower ranked players this week. I think Almagro, Montanes, and Monaco all have good shots to get to the quarters and maybe beyond.

I wanted a lower ranked guy with a chance in the Soderling/Berdych quarter, so I traded in Garcia-Lopez. He at least won his first match, so I'm happy with him no matter what happens next.

At this point, it's looking like those of us without Pablo Andujar are being reduced to being irrelevant. >:( At this rate, who needs Nadal???

Miles
04-18-2011, 09:40 PM

Yeah, he's only playing because of the appearance fee. The ranking points for him won't even count since he's had his fill of 250 series points.

I would not be surprised if he withdrew or lost in the first round.

Prepare the Lake of Fire!

dryrunguy
04-18-2011, 09:54 PM
Yeah, he's only playing because of the appearance fee. The ranking points for him won't even count since he's had his fill of 250 series points.

Robin is such an enigma. He'll either lose early or win the event. The latter just out of some twisted sense of spite.

I'm 90% sure Robin was beaten as a child. It would explain a lot.

patrick
04-19-2011, 04:56 AM

:yes:

omess
04-19-2011, 07:37 AM
Murray is out http://www.barcelonaopenbancsabadell.com/news-detail.php?id=253&lang=en

Charlie02123
04-19-2011, 07:46 AM
Tough break for people with Murray on their team. I think he could still rack up a lot of points this clay season, though.

I hope Almagro can capitalize on this!

Fiercehart
04-19-2011, 09:08 AM
With Riba's retirnement I now have three players on my team injured. For us it will be "the limp into Paris"!

dryrunguy
04-19-2011, 09:27 AM
With Riba's retirnement I now have three players on my team injured. For us it will be "the limp into Paris"!

Actually, at this point, I'm pretty sure Pere Riba is already floating. Like a goldfish in the latter stages of ick. :rolleyes:

Fiercehart
04-19-2011, 11:59 AM
Actually, at this point, I'm pretty sure Pere Riba is already floating. Like a goldfish in the latter stages of ick. :rolleyes:

Poor thing.

omess
04-20-2011, 10:26 AM
soderling lost the first set and he is down a break in the second

Synth
04-20-2011, 10:58 AM
A little peeved at GGL, but that might be a holdover of being annoyed that Fran played terribly today, and it's not looking like Jankovic's doing much better after a great first set.

ETA: The Soderling upset happened a round earlier than I thought it would. Was expecting Raonic to beat Soderling, especially with how quickly Milos has been improving on clay.

ptmcmahon
04-20-2011, 01:34 PM
I think my first three trades, and the guy I traded out for him, have netted me a total of less than 40 points so far :)

beaujarkko
04-21-2011, 02:58 PM
Barcelona (which seems to be running fairly similarly to Monte Carlo) has seen again five group A-ers into the quarterfinals, with a few outsiders: Lopez, who is in three times, a returning-from-injury Ferrero, who is gaining points for defending champion natkl, and the surprise upsetter of Soderling and Raonic, Dodig (was he even a choice?)

A big shout out goes to James7, who still has four team members remaining, all of whom are in different quarters and a couple wins by Almagro and Lopez could see him move up in the rankings heading into next week. Those few who do not have Ferrer on their teams will be hoping for some Melzer action as damage control, or possibly Almagro, who is on five teams, in the semis.

Best of luck, everyone!

Miles – 473 (Nadal, Ferrer)
patrick – 461 (Nadal, Ferrer)
waylandboy-tw – 450 (Nadal, Ferrer)
James7 – 440 (Nadal, Ferrer, Almagro, Lopez)
dryrunguy – 429 (Nadal, Ferrer)
shtexas – 426 (Nadal, Ferrer)
Synth – 416 (Nadal, Ferrer)
natkl – 407 (Nadal, Ferrer, Ferrero)
ponchi101 – 403 (Nadal, Ferrer)
e11even – 399 (Nadal, Ferrer)
FEBravo – 398 (Nadal, Ferrer, Lopez)
garp6 – 397 (Nadal, Ferrer)
Charlie02123 – 397 (Nadal, Ferrer, Almagro)
mysterX – 392 (Nadal, Ferrer)
munchin – 389 (Nadal, Ferrer)
Drop-shot – 385 (Nadal, Ferrer)
ptmcmahon – 385 (Nadal, Ferrer)
Fiercehart – 383 (Nadal, Ferrer)
dave g – 382 (Nadal, Ferrer)
lukeorion – 370 (Nadal, Ferrer)
TennisAnyone74 – 358 (Nadal, Ferrer)
vexchaps – 353 (Nadal, Ferrer)
Omegadoom – 341 (Nadal, Ferrer)
Togtdyalttai – 341 (Nadal, Ferrer)
Moose – 336 (Nadal, Almagro)
oploskoffie – 329 (Nadal, Ferrer, Almagro)
tinamarie – 320 (Nadal, Ferrer)
Ribbons – 317 (Nadal, Almagro, Monfils)
just horsen – 306 (Nadal, Ferrer, Lopez)
omess – 300 (Nadal, Ferrer)
jkfriedman – 289 (Nadal)

Charlie02123
04-21-2011, 05:00 PM
Charlie02123 – 397 (Nadal, Ferrer, Almagro)

GO ALMAGRO GO!!!!!! :)

James7
04-22-2011, 05:18 AM
Wow.

I'm getting really lucky... but I'm still behind. Some people are too good.

What are all of your addresses so I can send severed heads of Peeps marshmallow chicks or such as intimidation?

waylandboy-tw
04-22-2011, 06:46 AM

OK Ponchi Pilate,

After crucifying this contest from the beginning, I noticed you just made your fourth trade and have yet to involve Nadal once. You mentioned in your original post that everyone would have to use three trades on him and that he wouldn't play Barcelona.

I suggest you wash your hands of these type of posts for the remainder of the contest!

Have a good Friday:)

lukeorion
04-22-2011, 07:59 AM
I'm over the clay season. Bring on the grass!

Charlie02123
04-22-2011, 11:23 AM
Wow.

I'm getting really lucky... but I'm still behind. Some people are too good.

What are all of your addresses so I can send severed heads of Peeps marshmallow chicks or such as intimidation?
Oooh, I would love some peeps.

ponchi101
04-22-2011, 05:34 PM
OK Ponchi Pilate,

After crucifying this contest from the beginning, I noticed you just made your fourth trade and have yet to involve Nadal once. You mentioned in your original post that everyone would have to use three trades on him and that he wouldn't play Barcelona.

I suggest you wash your hands of these type of posts for the remainder of the contest!

Have a good Friday:)

Oh, boy! You called one of the three leading atheist in this forum "Pilates" ON GOOD FRIDAY? Either hysterical, or heretical, but certainly there.
I am really surprised he is playing Barca (please, half a portion of crow, if I may). But I still say: I have gained nothing from Nadal. We all have him, and I am down to one trade, with him taking the Belgrade week off. So I can't burn that trade until Madrid.
(And that other portion of crow, now that I am thinking about it. Wait, can I eat MEAT today? :confused: )

Synth
04-23-2011, 12:22 AM
Talk about the worst team member ever. Serra pulled out of Estoril. I don't think he's played a damn match for me all season.

dryrunguy
04-23-2011, 06:44 AM
Talk about the worst team member ever. Serra pulled out of Estoril. I don't think he's played a damn match for me all season.

No, I'm pretty sure he managed to lose in the first round in Casablanca. Probably to Elizabeth Shue... :rolleyes:

Drop-shot
04-23-2011, 01:15 PM

I feel your pain.

dryrunguy
04-23-2011, 02:04 PM
I feel your pain.

Fine. Feel free to stick a cigar up Florent Serra's ***.

Drop-shot
04-23-2011, 04:57 PM

Right after I'm done with Murray :evil:

ptmcmahon
04-23-2011, 08:37 PM
No, I'm pretty sure he managed to lose in the first round in Casablanca. Probably to Elizabeth Shue... :rolleyes:

Well then he matches Becker ... who has a single point for me...and also pulled out of Estoril!

ptmcmahon
04-24-2011, 10:39 AM
Was there really only one match in Munich? Why even bother then? It's almost like they're doing it on purpose to mess up our contest deadlines!

beaujarkko
04-24-2011, 10:43 AM
Was there really only one match in Munich? Why even bother then? It's almost like they're doing it on purpose to mess up our contest deadlines!

I know it.

Ribbons
04-25-2011, 09:36 AM
Anyone want to help me pitch Kamke into the lake of fire? Sheesh.

ptmcmahon
04-25-2011, 09:57 AM
Baghdatis won a match!

dryrunguy
04-25-2011, 05:46 PM
Baghdatis won a match!

May 21, 2011. Write it down.

Drop-shot
04-25-2011, 06:27 PM
May 21, 2011. Write it down.

I am ok with the Apocalypse if it means that Baghs earns me a point.

dryrunguy
04-25-2011, 08:01 PM

I am ok with the Apocalypse if it means that Baghs earns me a point.

Enjoy your point for, like, 3 weeks. :cheesy:

Actually you get 5 points, Drop. I'm checking to see what the significance is in terms of Biblical prophecy. I'll get back to you... Probably the number of days you have left on Earth. But don't let it stress you out.

Five days...

shtexas
04-26-2011, 09:15 AM
So, I didn't make the trade for Almagro last week so I could make the trade for Wawrinka this week.

:hammerself:

e11even
04-26-2011, 01:22 PM

Co-sign. I still couldn't comprehend why I picked him over Gil.

By the way, anyone who was able to watch del Potro's three-set win today? I was actually hesitant to sub him in for Hanescu, but saw him in the same quarter with Soderling (who also happens to be pretty worthless struggling so far in my current roster) and figured it might be worth the sub.

Charlie02123
04-26-2011, 01:59 PM
So, I didn't make the trade for Almagro last week so I could make the trade for Wawrinka this week.

Did he pull out? Ugh.

Drop-shot
04-26-2011, 02:16 PM
Enjoy your point for, like, 3 weeks. :cheesy:

Actually you get 5 points, Drop. I'm checking to see what the significance is in terms of Biblical prophecy. I'll get back to you... Probably the number of days you have left on Earth. But don't let it stress you out.

Five days...

Of course I realize now that Baghdatis' points came after beating one of my own players, so he's still garbage. :rolleyes:

waylandboy-tw
04-26-2011, 02:22 PM

Not what I was hoping or expecting from Stan either but if he goes deep at Madrid and/or Rome, all will be forgiven:)

shtexas
04-27-2011, 10:08 AM
Rooting hard for my scrubs - Kavcic, Cuevas, etc.

Moose
04-27-2011, 12:22 PM
I knew there had to be a reason I put Petzschner on my team other than the fact that I think he is adorable.

ptmcmahon
04-27-2011, 01:11 PM
Good heavens my trade worked! It cost me Bagdhatis...but no surprise there.

beaujarkko
04-27-2011, 01:16 PM
I knew there had to be a reason I put Petzschner on my team other than the fact that I think he is adorable.

I actually thought that was the only one. :)

waylandboy-tw
04-27-2011, 01:48 PM
Good heavens my trade worked! It cost me Bagdhatis...but no surprise there.

You traded Starace for him and they play next so that will be the real test!:)

ptmcmahon
04-27-2011, 08:15 PM
I was just about to note that :) The real reason I needed that trade was for the extra 2 points to get Novak...but I thought Petzschner had a shot for a good week if he got by Youzhny.

beaujarkko
04-28-2011, 07:38 PM
Update up to quarterfinals (Belgrade, Estoril, Munich)

Miles – 643 (Djokovic, Soderling, Montanes, Simon, Cuevas, Devvarman)
patrick – 631 (Djokovic, Soderling, Montanes, Simon, Cuevas, Devvarman)
waylandboy-tw – 625 (Djokovic, Soderling, Montanes, Starace, Davydenko, Volandri)
shtexas – 614 (Djokovic, Montanes, Simon, Bellucci, Granollers, Cuevas, Volandri, Kavcic)
James7 – 595- (Djokovic, Montanes, Starace, del Potro)
dryrunguy – 594 (Djokovic, Soderling, Montanes, Kohlschreiber, Starace, Cuevas)
e11even – 586 (Djokovic, Soderling, Montanes, Simon, Davydenko, Dimitrov, del Potro, Devvarman)
natkl – 582 (Djokovic, Soderling, Montanes, Kohlscreiber, Davydenko, del Potro, Devvarman)
ponchi101 – 578 (Djokovic, Montanes, Simon, Starace, Cuevas, Volandri, Devvarman)
Synth – 573 (Djokovic, Montanes, Simon, Starace, del Potro)
garp6 – 559 (Djokovic, Soderling, Montanes, del Potro, Devvarman)
dave g – 558 (Djokovic, Soderling, Montanes, Kohlschreiber, Starace, Granollers, Devvarman)
Charlie02123 – 558 (Djokovic, Montanes, Davydenko, del Potro)
FEBravo – 555 (Montanes, Simon, Lopez, Granollers, Devvarman)
ptmcmahon – 553 (Djokovic, Soderling, Montanes, Petzschner, Devvarman, Kavcic)
mysterX – 544 (Djokovic, Montanes, Starace, Granollers)
Drop-shot – 542 (Djokovic, Montanes, Simon, Starace, Granollers)
munchin – 539 (Djokovic, Montanes, Mayer, del Potro, Cuevas)
Fiercehart – 530 (Soderling, Montanes, Simon, Davydenko, Dimitrov)
Omegadoom – 524 (Djokovic, Verdasco, Montanes, Simon, Davydenko, Starace, del Potro, Volandri)
Togtdyalttai – 513 (Djokovic, Montanes, Mayer, Starace, Granollers, del Potro, Devvarman)
TennisAnyone74 – 513 (Djokovic, Soderling, Simon, del Potro)
oploskoffie – 500 (Djokovic, Simon, Davydenko, del Potro, Kavcic)
vexchaps – 489 (Djokovic, Montanes, del Potro, Dimitrov)
tinamarie – 483 (Djokovic, Verdasco, Montanes, Simon, Tipsarevic)
Moose – 483 (Djokovic, Montanes, Simon, Starace, Dimitrov, Petzschner)
just horsen – 480 (Verdasco, Montanes, Raonic, Lopez, del Potro, Tipsarevic, Devvarman)
Ribbons – 460 (Djokovic, Montanes, Davydenko, Granollers, del Potro)
lukeorion – 455 (illegal team, over total points)
omess – 444 (Soderling, Montanes, Raonic, Granollers)
jkfriedman – 424 (Djokovic, Soderling, Raonic, Cuevas, Dimitrov, Devvarman)

Lots of people still left on teams to do some real up and down moving. Big props to shtexas, e11even, and Omegadoom, who still have 8 (!) players remaining on their teams.

dave g
04-29-2011, 12:40 PM
When Beaujarkko's mid-week update came out, I saw that I had managed to gain some ground. But then today happened. I went from having seven players in the hunt, to having just one. :eek:

Maybe we should have a contest to see how many people we can pick that will lose in the quarter-finals. I seem to be pretty good at that. :rolleyes:

James7
04-29-2011, 02:16 PM
I sucked this week. And after so much good fortune saw me into third, however briefly. :p

ptmcmahon
04-29-2011, 02:17 PM
You traded Starace for him and they play next so that will be the real test!:)

Yay! That may be the only thing I can hang my hat on in this contest :)

ptmcmahon
04-30-2011, 08:07 AM
Possible Bagdhatis-Nadal R2 match next week...finally my Bagdhatis pick is gonna pay off!

;)

Ribbons
05-02-2011, 09:25 AM
Hindsight being 20/20, why did I let myself think it would be a good idea to trade Monfils for Wawrinka? :hammerself:

Drop-shot
05-02-2011, 05:46 PM
If I did ANYTHING well this contest was avoiding my gamble-trade of Almagro this week. Thank you speculation.

beaujarkko
05-05-2011, 04:15 PM
Scores through Monte Carlo Round of 16

e11even – 816 (Nadal, Djokovic, Ferrer)
Charlie02123 – 802 (Nadal, Djokovic, Ferrer)
natkl – 799 (Nadal, Djokovic, Ferrer)
waylandboy-tw – 795 (Nadal, Djokovic)
James7 – 791 (Nadal, Djokovic, Ferrer)
shtexas – 790 (Nadal, Djokovic, Ferrer, Bellucci)
Miles – 788 (Nadal, Djokovic, Federer)
Synth – 780 (Nadal, Djokovic, Ferrer)
patrick – 776 (Nadal, Djokovic, Federer)
munchin – 764 (Nadal, Djokovic, Ferrer)
Omegadoom – 760 (Nadal, Djokovic)
ponchi101 – 752 (Nadal, Djokovic, Ferrer)
garp6 – 746 (Djokovic, Soderling, Ferrer)
Togdyalttai – 735 (Nadal, Djokovic, Ferrer)
dryrunguy – 732 (Nadal, Djokovic, Soderling)
dave g – 712 (Nadal, Djokovic, Ferrer)
oploskoffie – 709 (Nadal, Djokovic)
mysterX – 707 (Nadal, Djokovic, Ferrer)
FEBravo – 706 (Nadal, Djokovic, Ferrer)
TennisAnyone74 – 705 (Nadal, Djokovic, Ferrer)
ptmcmahon – 702 (Nadal, Djokovic, Soderling)
Drop-shot – 695 (Nadal, Djokovic, Ferrer)
just horsen – 677 (Nadal, Ferrer)
Ribbons – 669 (Nadal, Djokovic)
vexchaps – 663 (Nadal, Djokovic, Ferrer)
Fiercehart – 661 (Nadal, Djokovic, Ferrer)
tinamarie – 624 (Nadal, Djokovic)
Moose – 596 (Nadal, Djokovic)
jkfriedman – 583 (Nadal, Djokovic, Soderling)
omess – 551 (Nadal, Soderling, Ferrer)
lukeorion – 455

We have a new current top three, and with most people still in with the combination of Nadal, Djokovic, and Ferrer, the only room to gain some points is for the few who put in Federer or Soderling to get points. But also watch out for shtexas, who has Bellucci, in addition to Nadal, Djokovic, and Ferrer.

Good luck this weekend, and make sure you get your Rome trades in as soon as possible!

Charlie02123
05-05-2011, 09:32 PM
Scores through Monte Carlo Round of 16
e11even – 816 (Nadal, Djokovic, Ferrer)
Charlie02123 – 802 (Nadal, Djokovic, Ferrer)

NO WAY!!!!

Now I need Federer to not make a big move so I can stay there.

ponchi101
05-06-2011, 05:07 AM
You really are not liking me too much, are you, Beau? Really, what have I done to you? ;)
I also have Ferrer in my team. Put him there in the beginning, never took him out.
Not that it matter anymore. I wasted my last trade in Delpo, who now won't even play in Rome.
Injuries have plagued me. Please don't take out one of the last guys I have.

beaujarkko
05-06-2011, 12:56 PM
You really are not liking me too much, are you, Beau? Really, what have I done to you? ;)
I also have Ferrer in my team. Put him there in the beginning, never took him out.
Not that it matter anymore. I wasted my last trade in Delpo, who now won't even play in Rome.
Injuries have plagued me. Please don't take out one of the last guys I have.

My goodness. If I were you, I would think I had some sort of vendetta! (Of course, the first mistake you caught "affected" everyone, since it was just a column switch.)

I can assure you that your score is correct, and that you are earning points for Ferrer. What I must have done accidentally is erase the Ferrer from after your name instead of Omegadoom, who is immediately above you on the chart, but does not have Ferrer anymore.

Sorry!

lukeorion
05-06-2011, 01:54 PM
Completely forgot about this contest with finals going on. Oh well :(

ptmcmahon
05-06-2011, 06:01 PM
Becker will finish with a whopping 1 point for me...what a terrible selection he was. Querrey's total of 7 is just as annoying - he better win next week to make up for it.

dryrunguy
05-06-2011, 06:03 PM
Becker will finish with a whopping 1 point for me...what a terrible selection he was. Querrey's total of 7 is just as annoying - he better win next week to make up for it.

Don't bet on it. The way things are going, I see another glass table in Sam's immediate future... This time as a suicide attempt.

ptmcmahon
05-06-2011, 06:04 PM
When it comes to contests if I'm going to be betting, it's against my players, not for.

shtexas
05-07-2011, 01:32 PM
The draw Gods for Rome did not smile on my team.

ptmcmahon
05-10-2011, 09:18 PM
I know I have no chance mathematically, but I'm pretending all my hopes are riding on Querrey and I still have a chance if he wins this week :)

beaujarkko
05-12-2011, 04:20 PM
waylandboy-tw – 1024 (Nadal, Djokovic)
Charlie02123 – 1019 (Nadal, Djokovic, Mayer)
Miles – 1017 (Nadal, Djokovic)
patrick – 1010 (Nadal, Djokovic)
shtexas – 1009 (Nadal, Djokovic)
e11even – 1006 (Nadal, Djokovic)
Omegadoom – 986 (Nadal, Djokovic)
natkl – 984 (Nadal, Djokovic)
James7 – 984 (Nadal, Djokovic)
Synth – 983 (Nadal, Djokovic)
dryrunguy – 966 (Nadal, Djokovic, Soderling)
Togtdyalttai – 961 (Nadal, Djokovic, Mayer)
munchin – 961 (Nadal, Djokovic)
ponchi101 – 957 (Nadal, Djokovic)
TennisAnyone74 – 931 (Nadal, Djokovic, Berdych)
FEBravo – 927 (Nadal, Djokovic, Murray)
oploskoffie – 926 (Nadal, Djokovic)
Drop-shot – 916 (Nadal, Djokovic, Murray)
ptmcmahon – 908 (Nadal, Djokovic, Soderling)
dave g – 908 (Nadal, Djokovic)
mysterX – 900 (Nadal, Djokovic)
garp6 – 885 (Djokovic)
vexchaps – 869 (Nadal, Djokovic, Gasquet)
Ribbons – 869 (Nadal, Djokovic)
Fiercehart – 860 (Nadal, Djokovic)
tinamarie –821 (Nadal, Murray)
Moose –819 (Nadal, Djokovic)
jkfriedman – 790 (Nadal, Djokovic, Soderling)
just horsen – 775 (Nadal)
omess – 661 (Nadal, Soderling)

lukeorion – 455

With Federer's loss and Ferrer's withdrawal (mixed with lots of other, smaller results), we have a clear picture of who will end up atop the leaderboard come Sunday.

Charlie02123 will place no lower than third (meaning Florian Mayer got you a medal!), and will win if Mayer beats Murray and Soderling doesn't win the tournament.

If Soderling wins the tournament, dryrunguy will come in first. If Mayer wins the whole tournament (big if), Togtdyalttai will also medal. Also, current leader waylandboy-tw will medal since both Soderling and Mayer can't make the finals.

Obviously, should Mayer lose to Murray and Soderling not win the whole tournament, the top three of waylandboy-tw, Charlie02123, and Miles would be your medalists.

I hope you all have had a terrific time during this contest, and stay tuned for final results in a few days!

Synth
05-12-2011, 05:16 PM
Thanks so much for running this!

1. I feel more prepared to make FOSP picks, we'll see how well that goes.
2. Learned a lot more about players I had never looked at before
3. Next time, I gotta be a lot more cautious about my scrubs! Hah!

ponchi101
05-13-2011, 11:27 AM
My subs really killed me:
Ferrero never got to play Monte Carlo, so I lost one player there.
I changed Murray right before he retired from Barca.
Ferrer withdraws from Rome (not that if would matter, since that killed a lot of us).
And I am still whining about Nadal, since I elected keeping him all the time and therefore played with 11 players.
Still, any tourney that I finish within 60-70 points of Miles, Charlie and Wayland is a victory for me.
I will be double cheeked at the FOSP within hours of the first Sunday. For sure...

shtexas
05-13-2011, 12:15 PM
I will forever regret not subbing in Almagro the week of Barcelona. But, I had fun. Congratulations to the medalists.

Charlie02123
05-13-2011, 03:43 PM
waylandboy-tw – 1024 (Nadal, Djokovic)
Charlie02123 – 1019 (Nadal, Djokovic, Mayer)
Miles – 1017 (Nadal, Djokovic)

Charlie02123 will place no lower than third (meaning Florian Mayer got you a medal!)
Holy crap! Florian Mayer!

After the first week of this contest I think I was literally in last place. :p

I'm tickled with my other medalists. Miles is my b-day twin and now multi-award sharer. Waylandboy is my current American Idol contest nemesis. Congrats to you two!

e11even
05-13-2011, 04:26 PM
Sigh! Happy to have led by end of Madrid, but I knew my chance to win my first "comeback" medal was dim the moment I saw the Rome draw. But anyway, best of luck to those who still have medal chances! :thumbsup:

e11even
05-13-2011, 04:28 PM
Holy crap! Florian Mayer!

Major props to that Mayer last-sub move, Charlie! :thumbsup:

e11even
05-13-2011, 04:37 PM
My biggest regret in this contest was gambling on Dimitrov over picking Cuevas or Andujar. Next would be subbing in Soderling in Barcelona.

And please do remind me never to pick Serra in an FT tourney again! :wall: