PDA

View Full Version : Giants and Eagles

Louche
01-07-2007, 01:56 PM
Good luck to fans of both teams...mine is already through. ;D

Right now, Giants 7-0

Ti-Amie
01-07-2007, 02:01 PM
Giants have a better chance than the Jets did. Nice opening drive to go up 7-0.

Kirkus
01-07-2007, 02:03 PM
After the wonderful game winning punt by the Cowboys yesterday...

What!? Romo muffed the hold? Really!?

Well, shit!

Nevermind.

Ti-Amie
01-07-2007, 02:13 PM

Well, shit!

Nevermind.

Just stop rubbing salt in the wound big guy.

Ti-Amie
01-07-2007, 02:24 PM
So Garcia had to snatch the pics out of McNabb's hands huh? Talk about not getting no respect...

Kirkus
01-07-2007, 02:28 PM

Well, shit!

Nevermind.

See? I said punt instead of field goal. That's how verklempt I was.

*let's it go*

Louche
01-07-2007, 02:34 PM
7-7 Eagles tied it up.

Kirkus
01-07-2007, 02:47 PM
That was great. Shockey gains 2 yards without his hat on!

Ti-Amie
01-07-2007, 02:55 PM
Manning was going for Shockey all the way for the TD pass but there was another receiver open he didn't even look at.

Louche
01-07-2007, 03:34 PM
17-10 Philly. 3rd quarter.

Louche
01-07-2007, 05:00 PM
Philly wins 23-20. Field goal at the end.

Kirkus
01-07-2007, 05:05 PM
Philly wins 23-20. Field goal at the end.

What a clever idea to kick the field goal on 3rd down. You know, just in case SOMETHING GETS FLUBBED UP!!

I'm over it now. Sorry.

Ti-Amie
01-07-2007, 05:11 PM
Thanks to Romo the field goal will now be the most important play of these playoffs leading up to the Super Bowl on February 4th. Did Garcia hold or was he hiding under the bench?

Moose
01-07-2007, 05:19 PM
Thanks to Romo the field goal will now be the most important play of these playoffs leading up to the Super Bowl on February 4th. Did Garcia hold or was he hiding under the bench?

We resigned Koy Detmer this week to hold for Akers. Detmer was always Akers holder while he was the back up QB here in Philly. Akers made some noise this season about how he wasn't happy with the holders the Eagles used after they did't re-sign Koy this season.

A roster spot opened due to injury, and on Monday, the Eagles signed Detmer. Wise move, as his small, but important part (especially in the rain we're having here in Philly) helped seal the deal!

Go Iggles! Go Seahawks...I'm two wins away from the best possible final in the NFC.

Ti-Amie
01-07-2007, 05:24 PM

We resigned Koy Detmer this week to hold for Akers. Detmer was always Akers holder while he was the back up QB here in Philly. Akers made some noise this season about how he wasn't happy with the holders the Eagles used after they did't re-sign Koy this season.

A roster spot opened due to injury, and on Monday, the Eagles signed Detmer. Wise move, as his small, but important part (especially in the rain we're having here in Philly) helped seal the deal!

Go Iggles! Go Seahawks...I'm two wins away from the best possible final in the NFC.

Smart move on the Eagles part. What final are you looking forward to?

Moose
01-07-2007, 05:32 PM
Smart move on the Eagles part. What final are you looking forward to?

A Seahawk/Eagle title game, here in my home city. A long shot, admittedly, but there's still a chance.

The Seahawks have been my favorite team since they joined the league in '76. Jim Zorn was their first QB...a lefty. I'm a lefty also, and always rooted for left handers. And I just got into the Hawks for some reason. Especially their 80s teams with Largent, Warren, and Dave (Schizo) Kreig.

Since the Hawks spent their first 20+ years in the AFC, I always wanted an Eagles/Hawks Super Bowl. Now that they are an NFC team, I've hoped for a Hawks/Eagles title game, played here in Philly. And if they both win next weekend, that is exactly what will happen.