PDA

View Full Version : Predcit the Super Bowl winner

AmonRa777
02-02-2007, 09:56 AM
I say the Bears win it...They are the more physical team...Usually the team that gets pushed round and bullied physically loses...Also Peyton Manning has failed in these situations all of his life....Tony Dungy is a great guy...I am rooting for the Colts...But i suspect the Bears are the better team

Moose
02-02-2007, 10:09 AM
not a fan of either of them. I was hoping first for a Seattle/San Diego SuperBowl, then a New Orleans/New England.

Still think there are too many weapons on the Indy offense...and I can't see a headline that would read "Rex Grossman...Super Bowl Winning Quarterback". I say its Indy.

shtexas
02-02-2007, 10:37 AM
I'll take Indy. I'll be rooting for them too because of Dungy and Manning and Harrison (seemingly one of the classiest players in the league).

Foxykhat
02-02-2007, 11:03 AM
I'm picking the BEARS.

Love Dungy but I think Indy is in for a real surprise.

Foxy

Kirkus
02-02-2007, 11:36 AM
I'm taking Peyton in 5 long sets. ;D

catz33
02-02-2007, 12:00 PM
Vinitieri, OT Colts

Sebastien447
02-02-2007, 05:43 PM
The Colts BIG! It's their time.

Louche
02-02-2007, 11:10 PM
I'm with Catz. Indy and Adam. ;)

craighickman
02-02-2007, 11:11 PM
I'm picking the BEARS.

Love Dungy but I think Indy is in for a real surprise.

Foxy

I ain't pickin' but I hope you're right.

Jay
02-02-2007, 11:55 PM
I don't give a rat's ass about football. However, i will predict because it's in my nature to do so.
Plus, i'll probably be wrong anyway.

I say the Colts win.

However, i want the Bears to win 'cause i like bears. ;)

mu_royals
02-03-2007, 06:32 AM
I've lost my confidence in picking winners after Florida blew out Ohio St in the college finals.

But I'll stick with the favorite Indianapolis even though I will be rooting for Chicago.

I would bet the Bears on the point spread of 7.5.....something like 27-23 Indy

one_shot07
02-03-2007, 10:37 AM
Umm... I'm gonna go with the Colts. They've been close in recent years and it seems like they're due... Although I think Manning will have to really hold his nerves together... I'm not really big on football but I'll go with the Colts but it's no guarantee!

Ti-Amie
02-03-2007, 03:05 PM
Chicago.

oploskoffie
02-04-2007, 01:12 PM
Okay.... I'm at a birthday party and the subject of the Super Bowl has come up. We were wondering how one goes about getting tickets to this event. Do you have to be a member of something? Is there a waiting list? How much does it cost? We honestly have no idea and need some *local* knowledge to help us out :-* Thx!

GVGirl
02-04-2007, 01:16 PM
Okay.... I'm at a birthday party and the subject of the Super Bowl has come up. We were wondering how one goes about getting tickets to this event. Do you have to be a member of something? Is there a waiting list? How much does it cost? We honestly have no idea and need some *local* knowledge to help us out :-* Thx!

To be honest, 99 percent to the tickets go to advertisers/ NFL sponsors. the "little people" need a miracle to get tickets.

BTW, Colts over Bears 34-31

oploskoffie
02-04-2007, 01:23 PM

To be honest, 99 percent to the tickets go to advertisers/ NFL sponsors. the "little people" need a miracle to get tickets.

BTW, Colts over Bears 34-31

Grazie, GVG! :-*

I just found a page explaining this in detailm though the numbers are slightly different ;) -> http://www.teamonetickets.com/tickets-101/super-bowl-tickets-lottery.html

Interesting system....

PeterSkan
02-04-2007, 01:53 PM
Though not a big fan of American football, I tend to follow the standings towards the end of the season and will take in the odd playoff game and the SB. I saw the second half of the Colts/Patriots semi and thought it was one of the finest and most entertaining halves of football I'd ever seen.

I'm rooting for the Colts. One of their scouts is a retired CFL Coach with 8 CFL Grey Cup rings. A true Champion. Adding the SB to his resume would be a nice coda.

craighickman
02-04-2007, 03:42 PM
I'm not picking, but I'm rooting for Chicago. I just don't like Manning and Indy.

Sebastien447
02-04-2007, 04:26 PM
Man this has been a fun game so far! Ball's squirtin out all over the place!

Louche
02-04-2007, 06:07 PM
Net yardage is way lopsided, but score is soooo close.

Indy - 370 Chicago - 121 yards

Foxykhat
02-04-2007, 06:27 PM
Guess I was wrong the Bears are killing themselves out there.

Time after Time they stopped the Colts by only allowing FGs but that last TD is the nail in the coffin.

Foxy

jsd123789456
02-04-2007, 07:24 PM
that was probably one of the ugliest superbowls ive bothered to watch, though thats the bears way

Kirkus
02-04-2007, 07:25 PM
Man this has been a fun game so far! Ball's squirtin out all over the place!

Yeah it was! It was fun, but I also found it irritating. LOL.

Credit to Manning, Harrison, et al. But they were fortunate that the "Bad" Rex showed up tonight.

Jay
02-04-2007, 08:17 PM
I don't give a rat's ass about football. However, i will predict because it's in my nature to do so.
Plus, i'll probably be wrong anyway.

I say the Colts win.

However, i want the Bears to win 'cause i like bears. ;)

I was right!! :D :D :D [smiley=cheese.gif] [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=bowing.gif] [smiley=freekingout.gif] [smiley=neener.gif] [smiley=overhead_clap.gif] [smiley=thewave.gif] [smiley=wiggle.gif] [smiley=woo_hoo.gif]

mmmm8
02-05-2007, 04:16 AM
How weird is this photo from CNN.com front page? It looks like he's holding a little alien in his hand because of his face reflecting off the football

http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2007/images/02/05/vt1.hug.ap.jpg

1st_serve
02-05-2007, 05:04 AM
I say the Bears win it...They are the more physical team...Usually the team that gets pushed round and bullied physically loses...Also Peyton Manning has failed in these situations all of his life....Tony Dungy is a great guy...I am rooting for the Colts...But i suspect the Bears are the better team

Go Colts! I always root for the AFC in the Super Bowl. Peyton will always be a winner, even when he comes up short. He's got that quality in him!

AmonRa777
02-05-2007, 06:32 AM
Congratulations to Tony Dungy and the Colts...Clearly Indianapolis was the superior team...Most Bear fans and media folks are ripping Grossman...But i saw the Bears get whooped on both lines of scrimmage...in fact the Bears defense got punked...They flat out got beat up physically...That was shocking to me...I picked the Bears to win because i believed they were the more physical team...But there were soft and mentally fragile