PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys new coach....

shtexas
01-29-2007, 10:11 AM
:o

...announcement pending according to local sports shows (or are they just trying to keep me listening?).........

Kirkus
01-29-2007, 10:15 AM

...announcement pending according to local sports shows (or are they just trying to keep me listening?).........

I actually heard he's going to name Jason Garrett... back-up QB to Troy Aikman.

Moose
01-29-2007, 10:15 AM
well, any rumours who it is?

Speaking of sports talk radio, Saturday night here in Philly, all Eagles all the time radio 610 a.m. actually discussed Federer. And the host (this was after 2 in the morning) called Fed, along with Muhhamed Ali, the most dominant male sports figure of all time. And people were actually calling in discussing Roger.

Outside of a casual mention of Venus and Serena, and them announcing Slam winners on news updates, it was the first time I ever heard a tennis discussion on the channel.

AmonRa777
01-29-2007, 10:16 AM

Oh lawd...please don't let it be Norv Turner

shtexas
01-29-2007, 10:19 AM

Speaking of sports talk radio, Saturday night here in Philly, all Eagles all the time radio 610 a.m. actually discussed Federer. And the host (this was after 2 in the morning) called Fed, along with Muhhamed Ali, the most dominant male sports figure of all time. And people were actually calling in discussing Roger.

Outside of a casual mention of Venus and Serena, and them announcing Slam winners on news updates, it was the first time I ever heard a tennis discussion on the channel.

Rumours: They say Turner. But, no offers yet. Garrett is already our offensive coordinator, but maybe more.

I also heard that Ali Federer comparison this weekend. Plus, a lot of other talk on Federer.

AmonRa777
01-29-2007, 10:25 AM

Rumours: They say Turner. But, no offers yet. Garrett is already our offensive coordinator, but maybe more.

I also heard that Ali Federer comparison this weekend. Plus, a lot of other talk on Federer.

I don't see how they can announce Turner before Thursday...Norv admitted there was no offer or contract talk during yesterdays interview...So i would guess contract negotiations would take at least a day...There is also talk of the 49'ers sweetening Turners deal to keep him...Maybe he will just go ahead and make Garrett the HBC

mmmm8
01-29-2007, 11:07 AM

Two football players whose faces I'd recognize in one post. That might be a one and only. :)

Kirkus
01-29-2007, 11:11 AM

Two football players whose faces I'd recognize in one post. That might be a one and only. :)

I'm surprised you even read this thread. ;D

Are we converting you?

mmmm8
01-29-2007, 11:21 AM

I'm surprised you even read this thread. ;D

Are we converting you?

I used to live in Dallas-Fort Worth. I care about the Cowboys just a little.

shtexas
01-29-2007, 11:40 AM
Now they are talking to someone who says all is quiet at Valley Ranch. ::)

AmonRa777
01-29-2007, 06:20 PM
NFL.com and ESPN are reporting that Mike Singletary will interview for the job tomorrow...Extrapolating this thing out based on the current vibes and flow, it seems to confirm that Norv Turner is way out front at this time...Singletary and Turner are on the 49'er staff together...It seems as though Mike is being slotted as DC for Turners staff

I have tons of respect for Singletary...But i think Wade Phillips makes more sense than any other path...He will stay our of Garretts way and guarantee a great defense

AmonRa777
01-31-2007, 02:14 PM
Just heard on NFL network that the Bears incompetent GM may have given the Cowboys the break they needed to build an incredbile staff...Chicago's DC Ron Rivera's contract expires after the SB...Word is Norv Turner wants him as DC...Jerry Jones will interview him and possibly make him the highest paid DC in the league...The tight wad Bears cannot match such an offer and pay Lovie Smith his market value...All because the idiots were too frugal to redo Lovie Smith and Ron Rivera's contracts before this past season...ROTFLMAO!!! I don't know how this will all work out...But if Rivera leaves Chicago for money they should fire their ignorant GM..How do you allow top quality Coaches to work with only 1 year on their contract...Thats just not sane

shtexas
01-31-2007, 02:20 PM
Just heard on NFL network that the Bears incompetent GM may have given the Cowboys the break they needed to build an incredbile staff...Chicago's DC Ron Rivera's contract expires after the SB...Word is Norv Turner wants him as DC...Jerry Jones will interview him and possibly make him the highest paid DC in the league...The tight wad Bears cannot match such an offer and pay Lovie Smith his market value...All because the idiots were too frugal to redo Lovie Smith and Ron Rivera's contracts before this past season...ROTFLMAO!!! I don't know how this will all work out...But if Rivera leaves Chicago for money they should fire their ignorant GM..How do you allow top quality Coaches to work with only 1 year on their contract...Thats just not sane

That explains why Jerry is waiting until next week.

AmonRa777
01-31-2007, 02:26 PM

That explains why Jerry is waiting until next week.

Exactly!!! If they can get this done, its an amazing stroke of fortune for Dallas...How can the Bears be so stupid??? The Cowboys have no chance to get Singletary as DC...He has an Assist. HBC title with 2 years on his contact...49'ers have already said they will not release him to be DC in Dallas...But Chicago has left the back door open for Rivera to leave for big bucks...The only thing that might save the Bears is Rivera's friendship with Smith...But a true friend will tell RR to get paid and care for his families security

AmonRa777
02-05-2007, 06:56 AM
After watching the Bears defense punk out in the Super Bowl, i think its more imperative that Jerry Jones hire Wade Phillips and not Norv Turner....I want the defense fixed...The best man to do that is Phillips...I would be very worried going inot the season with teh Norve Turner/Ron Rivera scenario

shtexas
02-05-2007, 08:09 AM
After watching the Bears defense punk out in the Super Bowl, i think its more imperative that Jerry Jones hire Wade Phillips and not Norv Turner....I want the defense fixed...The best man to do that is Phillips...I would be very worried going inot the season with teh Norve Turner/Ron Rivera scenario

I hate to read too much into one game, even if it is THE game. Jones is supposedly going to interview Rivera and Colts assistant head coach Jim Caldwell today.

AmonRa777
02-05-2007, 08:27 AM

I hate to read too much into one game, even if it is THE game. Jones is supposedly going to interview Rivera and Colts assistant head coach Jim Caldwell today.

Yeah you are prolly right...No question it was th best defense in the league before they lost Tommie Harris and Mike Brown...That would be like Dallas losing DeMarcus Ware and Neuman...I don't mean to besmerch Ron Rivera...Honestly i have wanted Wade Phillips from the very beginning....Great defenses immediately pop up whereever Phillips is DC!!! IMHO with a better defense the Cowboys were a Super Bowl team this season...But JJ seems obsessed with the offensive side of the ball...

shtexas
02-08-2007, 06:17 AM
After all those interviews, looks like it's Wade Phillips.

AmonRa777
02-08-2007, 06:44 AM

Great news for Cowboy fans...Championship teams begin with great defense...Wade Phillips will provide a great defense from the word go...Its gonna be exciting times in Dallas again...I thought Wade Phillips was the best candidate from the word go...He got straight up screwed in Buffalo

1st_serve
02-08-2007, 10:48 AM

Great news for Cowboy fans...Championship teams begin with great defense...Wade Phillips will provide a great defense from the word go...Its gonna be exciting times in Dallas again...I thought Wade Phillips was the best candidate from the word go...He got straight up screwed in Buffalo

In Buffalo Wade was the only coach in the NFL who would not wear the headphones and didn't have any control of his team. Buffalo should have keep him as the defensive coordinator and hired a real Head Coach!

Buffalo Bills. There's a theory that teams respond to new coaches who are polar opposites of the last coach, so replace a disciplinarian with a nice guy or vice versa. This theory will be put to the test in Buffalo, where the last two headmen have been Hall of Fame nice-guy Marv Levy (once, before a kickoff, he memorably said he wasn't sure who would start at a key position because the assistant coaches had not told him the game plan) and Beanie-Baby-like Wade Phillips, the sole NFL coach who did not wear headphones. The new guy, the tastefully named Gregg Williams, is by contrast a hyper-organized control freak. He'll need such skills to manage the Bills' newcomers. Consecutive offseasons of salary cap crashes, brought on by mortgaging the future to hold the Jim Kelly-Bruce Smith-Thurman Thomas Super Bowl group together as long as possible, have blown both chaff and wheat from the Buffalo roster. Over the past two winters the Bills have for cap reasons waived goodbye to 13 starters, an incredible two-thirds of the team. On opening day, 21 ex-Bills cap-cut at Buffalo will start for other NFL teams while only one player cap-cut from another team will line up for the Bills. Buffalo fans will spend the season squinting at the names on jerseys and inquiring, "Who dat?" Finish: 8-8.