PDA

View Full Version : MARCH MADNESS!!!

Sebastien447
03-10-2007, 12:47 PM
Tennis is a cute little sport, but how bout some HOOPS BABY! This year it's more wide open than ever ... can't wait to hear which teams will get a shot ... tomorrow pm.

GO BUCKEYES!!!

Foxykhat
03-10-2007, 12:56 PM
[quote author=Sebastien447 link=1173559633/0#0 date=1173559633]Tennis is a cute little sport, but how bout some HOOPS BABY! This year it's more wide open than ever ... can't wait to hear which teams will get a shot ... tomorrow pm.

GO BUCKEYES!!![/quote

I think there is a March Madness SP being discussed, check the top of the page for the link.

Not so sure I'm feeling it though my Blue Devils are HOPELESS.

Foxy

Sebastien447
03-10-2007, 01:12 PM
Excellent! I'll look for the SP ... I feel lost here now :-/

I wouldn't call Duke hopeless, just not up to standard, but they are battle tested and anything can happen at the Big Dance and usually does!

catz33
03-10-2007, 01:19 PM

I wouldn't call Duke hopeless, just not up to standard, but they are battle tested and anything can happen at the Big Dance and usually does!

Hey Seb!!!

Love March Madness!

Sebastien447
03-10-2007, 01:29 PM

Hey Seb!!!

Love March Madness!

Well, let the madness begin. The Buckeyes just sleep walked through another Big Ten win, so I'm a little worried about these guys being ready to play quality competition. At least they'll be a #1 seed and guaranteed at least one victory!

Who d'ya like this year catzy?

catz33
03-10-2007, 02:09 PM
Well, 1st I am cheering for Miami University to take the MAC Championship game, However, Akron is the stronger overall team.
Since the Dukies didn't do real well this year and the ACC tourny that normally plays in DC went to Florida I missed out on alot of games but did attend some Maryland, Georgetown, GW, GT,

GT, although not one of my favs is looking good. I am an Old D fan and hope they get the nod, but realize it will probably be Stanford. I was really impressed with Memphis.
I will be cheering on the ACC with NC as my fav

Sebastien447
03-11-2007, 02:16 PM
You have the ACC, and I have my Big Ten, so you'll be having more fun than me. There are really only 2 Big Ten teams with any shot to make some noise at the dance, but they could both end up in the Final Four. GO BUCKS AND GO WISKY!!!

Teams announced in less than an hour!

[smiley=woot.gif]

dryrunguy
03-11-2007, 02:20 PM
Congratulations to the Ohio State Buckeyes! 2007 Big Ten Champions!

Dry

nelslus
03-11-2007, 03:18 PM
.......go Northwestern..... :'(

Scotty
03-11-2007, 03:27 PM
... [smiley=overhead_clap.gif]one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight
U [smiley=overhead_clap.gif] C [smiley=overhead_clap.gif] L [smiley=overhead_clap.gif] A
U, C, L, A
fight! fight! fight!

Go Bruins!

Sebastien447
03-11-2007, 04:23 PM
... [smiley=overhead_clap.gif]one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight
U [smiley=overhead_clap.gif] C [smiley=overhead_clap.gif] L [smiley=overhead_clap.gif] A
U, C, L, A
fight! fight! fight!

Go Bruins!

UCLA is stumblin in ... but a #2 seed is still pretty sweet! You have a tough road though ... Indiana or Gonzaga next, followed by Duke or Pitt. Tough road!

Sebastien447
03-11-2007, 04:24 PM
.......go Northwestern..... :'(

Dem boys are spending too much time in the library! ::)

Sebastien447
03-11-2007, 04:28 PM
Congratulations to the Ohio State Buckeyes! 2007 Big Ten Champions!

Dry

[smiley=woot.gif] [smiley=woot.gif] [smiley=woot.gif]

beaujarkko
03-12-2007, 04:55 PM
Well, 1st I am cheering for Miami University to take the MAC Championship game, However, Akron is the stronger overall team.

I gradjiated from a MAC school, Western Michigan. Nice job to the Ohio teams dominating the MAC tournament... you'd think it were 12 teams from OH instead of just six. (Four made it to the Final Four of the tournament...)

catz33
03-12-2007, 05:04 PM

I gradjiated from a MAC school, Western Michigan. Nice job to the Ohio teams dominating the MAC tournament... you'd think it were 12 teams from OH instead of just six. (Four made it to the Final Four of the tournament...)

Glad to meet you beaujarkko, I got my undergraduate degree from Miami. Go MAC!!!!

beaujarkko
03-12-2007, 05:43 PM

Glad to meet you beaujarkko, I got my undergraduate degree from Miami. Go MAC!!!!

Well thanks! I truly enjoyed your school kicking our asses for the better part of my collegiate career. So I'll just thrown in our top-3-in-the-nation aviation program.

Read: I got nothin' :-p

Sebastien447
03-15-2007, 06:12 PM
Duke is going DOWN!!!

http://home.comcast.net/~meadfish/boogie.gif

Sebastien447
03-15-2007, 06:37 PM
Buh Bye dook [smiley=tease.gif]

Foxykhat
03-15-2007, 06:40 PM
What a rotten year to be a Duke fan! WTF Virginia Commonwealth?!!

Everybody and their mother has beaten Duke this season.

Foxy

jjnow
03-15-2007, 10:10 PM

Foxy
I hate Duke, Foxy.

Nothing but a bunch of spoiled rich kids who...ehr, nevermind.

Suffice it to say I'm not a fan.

jj

Foxykhat
03-16-2007, 06:56 AM

Foxy
I hate Duke, Foxy.

jj

I know they are not like but I fell in love with Duke during he Bobby Hurley (spelling) Grant Hill time and been a fan since.

Love Coach K to death. I'm not surprised they lost, well I am a little but I never expected much from them in the tourney anyway.

Foxy

mmmm8
03-16-2007, 07:00 AM

Foxy
I hate Duke, Foxy.

jj

It's like you're a UNC student already :)

Aton
03-16-2007, 07:50 AM

Foxy
I hate Duke, Foxy.

jj

GO CAROLINA!!!

[smiley=yahoo.gif]

[Singing fight song and doing uberfan dance]

jjnow
03-16-2007, 03:21 PM

Foxy
I hate Duke, Foxy.

jj

GO CAROLINA!!!

[smiley=yahoo.gif]

[Singing fight song and doing uberfan dance]
Alumna, Aton?

jj

Sebastien447
03-22-2007, 09:49 PM
Unbelievable comeback vs. Xavier!
Win after being down by 20 vs. Tenn!
Bring on Memphis! They may get us down.
But they won't get us out!
It's DESTINY BABY!

GO BUCKEYES!!!

Sebastien447
03-24-2007, 04:28 PM
GO BUCKS!
FINAL FOUR
WOOT!

Scotty
03-24-2007, 07:15 PM
GO BRUINS! Back to the final 4 ... 2 years in a row.

And I had to pass up last minute tickets (on the f-ing FLOOR, no less) because I had a scrimmage match for my USTA team that ended up being "misted out" in the SF fog after a set.

Hey Moose! How are the standings in our TAT pool doing? I've completley forgotten my SportsLine id/password.

Scotty

shtexas
03-24-2007, 07:22 PM

And I had to pass up last minute tickets (on the f-ing FLOOR, no less) because I had a scrimmage match for my USTA team that ended up being "misted out" in the SF fog after a set.

Hey Moose! How are the standings in our TAT pool doing? I've completley forgotten my SportsLine id/password.

Scotty

According to the standings they have up, you have 74 points, dry is second with 69 and then I have 68. Others lagging a bit behind so far. You and I both have UCLA to win the title.

mrjiggyfly2
03-24-2007, 07:24 PM

Scotty

According to the standings they have up, you have 74 points, dry is second with 69 and then I have 68. Others lagging a bit behind so far. You and I both have UCLA to win the title.

I'm lagging the most behind. ;D

dryrunguy
03-25-2007, 09:36 AM
I am TOTALLY proud of my Buckeyes! Don't let me down now!!!!

Dry

Foxykhat
03-25-2007, 11:21 AM
Both Duke men and women BB team suck big time. WTH do they fight for regular season standing (well at least the women) only to show up in the NCAA tornament to lose UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG GGHHHHHHHH!!!

I'm not a Buckeye Fan or Florida anyone of them not UNC.

BTW I never understand why it's called the Final Four. Yes I get that they are the four teams that's left in the tournament but it's not like they then go on to see who come in Overall Champions then 2nd, 3rd and 4th. It's two teams and one is the winner so why not just say the road to the NCAA Championship.

Foxy

dryrunguy
03-25-2007, 08:20 PM
Both Duke men and women BB team suck big time. WTH do they fight for regular season standing (well at least the women) only to show up in the NCAA tornament to lose UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG GGHHHHHHHH!!!

BTW I never understand why it's called the Final Four. Yes I get that they are the four teams that's left in the tournament but it's not like they then go on to see who come in Overall Champions then 2nd, 3rd and 4th. It's two teams and one is the winner so why not just they the road to the NCAA Championship.

Foxy

Hater.

;D

Dry

Foxykhat
03-25-2007, 08:37 PM

BTW I never understand why it's called the Final Four. Yes I get that they are the four teams that's left in the tournament but it's not like they then go on to see who come in Overall Champions then 2nd, 3rd and 4th. It's two teams and one is the winner so why not just they the road to the NCAA Championship.

Foxy

Hater.

;D

Dry

LOL Dry that came out wrong, I'm not a fan but I would take anyone of them over UNC. Well that's not an issue anymore because UNC lost so anyone of the teams left is ok with me.

Foxy

dryrunguy
03-25-2007, 08:47 PM

Foxy

Hater.

;D

Dry

LOL Dry that came out wrong, I'm not a fan but I would take anyone of them over UNC. Well that's not an issue anymore because UNC lost so anyone of the teams left is ok with me.

Foxy

Ah, Foxy, you know I love ya to death! But it has been 27 years since the Buckeyes won the championship, and 27 is, for a variety of reasons, my lucky number.

And remember, when we lost to Florida earlier this year, we didn't have Oden. :)

Dry

middaystar
03-25-2007, 08:49 PM

Foxy

Foxy, I think, in the past the two teams of the Final Four that lost on Saturday played each other for the 3rd and 4th place. I think it was played a few hours before the championship game on Monday night. I don't know if this game still takes place.

Aton
03-26-2007, 10:14 AM

Foxy

Hater.

;D

Dry

Foxy

Spoken like a true Dookie

Foxykhat
03-26-2007, 10:18 AM

Foxy

Hater.

;D

Dry

Foxy

LOL, yep and proud.

Tried my utmost to like UNC but I just can't funny becuase I love Maryland and NCSt.

Foxy

Aton
03-26-2007, 11:13 AM

LOL, yep and proud.

Tried my utmost to like UNC but I just can't funny becuase I love Maryland and NCSt.

Foxy

It be's that way when it comes to Duke/Carolina. I can't stand Duke and I have no good reason other than somebody's got to be the bad guy. But crazies like me are the reason it's one of the best rivalries in college sports. Keeps things interesting. And I feel you on Md and NC State. I love all the ACC teams except you know who. ;D

Sebastien447
03-26-2007, 07:31 PM

Foxy

Hater.

;D

Dry

Foxy

Ah, Foxy, you know I love ya to death! But it has been 27 years since the Buckeyes won the championship, and 27 is, for a variety of reasons, my lucky number.

And remember, when we lost to Florida earlier this year, we didn't have Oden. :)

Dry

Yes we did.

And you call yourself a Buckeye fan ::)

dryrunguy
03-26-2007, 09:34 PM

Foxy

Hater.

;D

Dry

Foxy

Dry

Yes we did.

And you call yourself a Buckeye fan ::)

My mistake, sebs. Shoot me.

Dry

Sebastien447
03-26-2007, 09:37 PM
Okay.

[smiley=gun.gif] dry

dryrunguy
03-26-2007, 09:48 PM
Okay.

[smiley=gun.gif] dry

LOL! Regardless, Ohio STate will win its first national championship in nearly half a century... It'll be a glorious day!

Dry

Scotty
03-26-2007, 09:56 PM
Okay.

[smiley=gun.gif] dry

LOL! Regardless, Ohio STate will win its first national championship in nearly half a century... It'll be a glorious day!

Dry

Nice sentimens, guys, but UCLA is going one better than last year. They'll be doing 8-Claps all over Atlanta!
S

dryrunguy
03-26-2007, 10:01 PM
Okay.

[smiley=gun.gif] dry

Dry

Nice sentimens, guys, but UCLA is going one better than last year. They'll be doing 8-Claps all over Atlanta!
S

Spoken like a guy who's holding on to a narrow 5-point lead... ;D

Which is better than my measly 1-point lead over third place... ::)

Dry

Scotty
03-26-2007, 10:30 PM
Okay.

[smiley=gun.gif] dry

Dry

S

Spoken like a guy who's holding on to a narrow 5-point lead... ;D

Which is better than my measly 1-point lead over third place... ::)

Dry

Yeah, the pick of Texas in the final had more to do with how much my boss (a UT alum, posing in the longhorn handgesture in her wedding photos!) talks about them, than any actual belief that they'd do that well.

But as long as UCLA wins, I'm happy.
S

Sebastien447
03-27-2007, 10:36 AM
Well, enjoy the Bruins success while it's here because they are going down to Florida. I hope not, and I'll be pulling for you guys, but Florida has something special going on. They can turn it on at any time. No team has beaten them this year, they've beaten themselves. I suppose if the Gators have an off game and UCLA plays a great one ... but at this point in the tournament that won't happen. Noah's son imposes his will when he needs to ... the guy is a leader. Well, Go Bruins nonetheless. In a one game situation anything can happen.

As for the Buckeyes NC, Oden is going to have his hands full with Hibbert. If he can avoid the foolish fouls and stay in the game, which is a BIG if, he'll be in for the fight of his life. The rest of the team is scary good. If we win, we'll earn it for sure. GO BUCKS!

Louche
03-31-2007, 05:48 PM
Congrats Buckeyes! ;D

Sebastien447
03-31-2007, 05:50 PM
Damn we're good! The Buckeyes are a great team with or without Oden! Not as great as Florida though ...

GO UCLA!!!

Foxykhat
03-31-2007, 08:01 PM
Let's go GATORS defend you championship!

I love the Buckeyes also so I'd be happy with a win from them as well.

Foxy

Ti-Amie
03-31-2007, 08:24 PM
GATORS!!!

Scotty
03-31-2007, 08:29 PM
ah well, love 'em anyway.

and ... 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8
U clap, clap, clap
C clap, clap, clap
L clap, clap, clap
A clap, clap, clap
U-C-L-A fight, fight, fight!

next year

S

dryrunguy
04-02-2007, 06:22 PM
GATORS!!!

Hater. :D

GO BUCKEYES!!!!!! IT'S SHOW TIME!!!!

dryrunguy
04-02-2007, 07:16 PM
We're getting killed. :( Florida is just too good. OSU fights and claws for two at their end, Florida runs down like a bunch of rabbits and hits a 3... Very depressing.

Dry

Foxykhat
04-02-2007, 07:21 PM
GO GATORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D
Foxy

dryrunguy
04-02-2007, 07:30 PM
GO GATORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D
Foxy

:rolleyes: :slap: :argue: :sick: :boxing: :blahblah: :spank2: :wall: :asshole: :spank1:

Dry

Foxykhat
04-02-2007, 07:32 PM
:rolleyes: :slap: :argue: :sick: :boxing: :blahblah: :spank2: :wall: :asshole: :spank1:

Dry

I love you too, sweetheart :p :p :p

Foxy

dryrunguy
04-02-2007, 08:17 PM
Well, I'm proud of my guys... :undecided: But experience won tonight, especially in terms of executing from 3-point land.

Dry

dryrunguy
04-02-2007, 08:30 PM
Well, congratulations to Florida. Just a better team.

Now for both political and sports reasons, it's especially critical to give the state of Florida to Cuba.

Dry

Foxykhat
04-02-2007, 08:40 PM
Congrats to the Gators, it would have been sweeter if they played a team I did not like, but they played better and deserve to win.

I'm sure Ohio State will be back.

Foxy

dryrunguy
04-02-2007, 08:50 PM
Congrats to the Gators, it would have been sweeter if they played a team I did not like, but they played better and deserve to win.

I'm sure Ohio State will be back.

Foxy

Here's hoping Oden sticks around. Rumor has it that he will. But we'll see.

Dry

Sebastien
04-03-2007, 05:45 PM
Here's hoping Oden sticks around. Rumor has it that he will. But we'll see.

Dry

Yeah, Florida was better. Too bad Noah's son is such a jackass.

I just hope Oden AND Conley don't both turn pro.

Foxykhat
04-03-2007, 07:01 PM
Yeah, Florida was better. Too bad Noah's son is such a jackass.

I just hope Oden AND Conley don't both turn pro.

I've always liked him and it must have been because I've watched him from afar off, that is I've never really followed Gator b-ball, but lastnight he turned me off completely.

Foxy

Foxykhat
04-03-2007, 07:57 PM
NCAA WOMEN'S CHAMPIONSHIP:

The drought is over for Pat Summit and the Lady Vols who beat Rutger 59/46.

Congrats to Candice Parker and the rest of the team.

Foxy

PS. Pity someone at ESPN think it was UNC who played as when you click to get the story they have Rutgers 46, UNC 59.