PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations motobass!

Togtdyalttai
01-30-2011, 12:24 PM
Motobass has won the first YCWJ contest of 2011 with a grand total of 56 points. He didn't end up picking the wooden spoon winner on either side, but he did keep picks late into the tournament.

Garp6 finished in second with 46, although he didn't have a chance to win it after Nadal lost to Ferrer in the quarterfinals.

Drop-shot took third with 42, but suffered the penalty of having the same pick remaining near the end as motobass.

Doubledogbrewer was the only contestant to pick a wooden spoon winner, choosing Jamie Hampton as his fourth pick. She lost to Elena Baltacha, who lost to Justin Henin, who got sent into retirement by Svetlana Kuznetsova, who set the longest slam match record in losing to Francesca Schiavone, who ran out of gas against Caroline Wozniacki, who failed to convert a match point against Li Na, who ultimately couldn't handle the pressure of a slam final against Kim Clijsters.

On the men's side, Denis Gremelmayr was the ultimate loser. He lost to Radek Stepanek, who lost to John Isner, who lost to Marin Cilic, who lost to Rafael Nadal, who lost to David Ferrer, who lost to Andy Murray, who lost to Novak Djokovic.

Thanks again for playing this contest and we look forward to seeing you all again in May for the French Open!

dryrunguy
01-30-2011, 12:33 PM
Congratulations! Your medal has been awarded!

Togtdyalttai
01-30-2011, 12:34 PM
Thanks also to Omegadoom who helped me out with this contest once again. He's the one who always makes sure nothing goes horribly wrong.

MeganFernandez
01-30-2011, 12:49 PM
Congratulations!

motobass
01-30-2011, 01:48 PM
Thanks everyone! This is very exciting. My wife - Irena2 - won the 2010 US Open YCWJ. We have two YCWJs in a row; first medals for both of us. See you all soon!

Ribbons
01-30-2011, 05:15 PM
Mazel tov, motobass, and thank you to Togtdyalttai and Omegadoom. The tracking charts RULED. :-D

atlpam
01-31-2011, 05:49 AM
Congrats -
Love the women's recap!

mmmm8
01-31-2011, 06:39 AM
Congrats, Motobass, on this elusive win!

And thanks, guys, for running. Even though I ended up missing it :(

Omegadoom
01-31-2011, 09:12 AM
Congrats Motobass! Excellent job! :overhead_clap:

A big thank you to Tog for running this contest and once again, doing an outstanding job! :thumbsup:

winston
01-31-2011, 12:00 PM
Way to go, Motobass!

Togtdyalttai
01-31-2011, 12:52 PM
Congrats -
Love the women's recap!

Glad you liked that. I was just going to do it all boring like I did the men's, but it just so happened that the path to the wooden spoon was comprised of a series of interesting matches.