PDA

View Full Version : Russian School Seige

Kirkus
09-03-2004, 03:02 PM
I don't understand what's happening in the world. After watching my guy beat the crap out of Nadal I'm pretty much on a high. Then, because I'm also a news junky I switch it over to catch up on current events. I learn about the seige to rescue children and teachers taken hostage by Chechyn rebels in a school in Russia.

Children: the most innocent and fragile amoung us.
Teachers: one of the nobelist of all professions.

What in the hell makes these terrorists think they have the intelligence, let alone the compassion (I don't even like using that word in the same sentence) to govern themselves.

This absolutely breaks my heart.

Sebastien447
09-03-2004, 06:29 PM
Just keep fighting the good fight my friend :)

I know how hard it is to see those images. My eyes well up every time.

For me, it's hardest to take when the children are killing the children (I teach in the same district as Columbine highschool). Now I'm sad.

:'(

Kirkus
09-04-2004, 07:30 AM
Well, not a kiss-ass remark here.... You, my friend are to be commended for what you've chosen to do for a living. Seriously, you have my respect.

You're right about the images. It's always the images. Now we find that more than 300 people killed (155 of them children). My first thought was to blame the Russian Authorities for being so sloppy, but then I start thinking, what country in the world is ready to deal with situations like this. They saved 100s of people.

I'm just at a loss for words. It's, literally hard for me to comprehend.

Okay, Kirky... back to happier things.

Sebastien447
09-04-2004, 09:41 PM
thanks kirk ... this has been a rough thread for me. Columbine is tough for me to think about without crying. But I didn't come back to this thread just to soak the keyboard

I heard that Sharapova admitted that the tragedy had affected her play. People have been lambasting the girl for everything under the sun and now they'll probably give her crap for making excuses. It's all so sick. People are so ready to judge. The girl's playing tennis matches during the day and watching children in her country being massacred at night.

People can be gross, especially on MBs.