PDA

View Full Version : Right out of the park

Kirkus
09-02-2004, 01:23 PM
I'm afraid that's were the President hit it with his acceptance speech. I'm not a pollster, but I'm gonna guess a 4 or 5 point bounce.

But.... job numbers come out tomorrow. The bounce won't last long.

ps-I'm a political junky. I love election years!

Kirkus
09-06-2004, 09:09 AM
Yeah... 11 points. Yowza!

I don't know that bad news is the only thing that'll help Kerry. I've always believed that debates can persuade voters to a large degree.

I think the beginning of Gore's loss last election was the debate where he sighed every other minute like he couldn't get a breath. He also appeared, to me at least, like he was trying to bully then candidate Bush.

And there's always that bumper sticker on my truck. That should sway a few people to the left. ;D

Kirkus
09-06-2004, 03:31 PM
Actually, I'm pretty sure our President himself will help give Kerry (John) the push he'll need to win both the Electoral College and the Popular Vote. Case in point:

From a speech today by President Bush in Poplar Bluffs, Missouri.
And I quote...

"Too many good docs are getting out of the business," he told the Labor Day rally "Too many OB/GYN's aren't able to practice their love with women all across the country."

(I hope they enough boxes to move ;D)

Kirkus
09-07-2004, 12:31 PM
I totally understand the political point the President was making, and I don't necessarily disagree. My point was the words the President used to try and make his point. I mean honestly, "Too many OB/GYN's aren't able to practice their love with women all across the country."

PRACTICE THEIR LOVE WITH WOMEN ALL ACROSS THE COUNTRY??

Come on back to the barn, Huckleberry!

Kirkus
09-07-2004, 12:54 PM
Didn't see/hear the speech but don't think Huckleberry will lose a point over it, let alone a night of sleep.

No, he won't lose any sleep or even a fraction of a point. But when the polls look like this and my guy is stumbling, I gotta find some kind of argument ;)

Kirkus
09-07-2004, 03:01 PM
Of course, at least Kerry/Edwards haven't had to resort to running a campaign of fear. My previous post, quoting President Bush was made tongue in cheek. What Vice President Cheney said today in DesMoine, Iowa just pisses me off:

"If we make the wrong choice, then the danger is that we'll get hit again -- that we'll be hit in a way that will be devastating from the standpoint of the United States," Cheney said.

In other words, if Kerry wins we'll be attacked again and you'll have nobody but yourselves to blame.

Nothing but fear. Of course, when you don't have a record to run on, you take whatever you can find.

Kirkus
09-08-2004, 01:58 AM
Now see? I get all geared up for an argument and you come up with a post that makes sense.

Yes, a Kerry-doctrine would help in the decision making department. I'm hoping and expecting to hear more substantial ideas/plans in the coming days and weeks.

But, to be honest, I feel so betrayed by the Bush administration concerning the war in Iraq, my vote will be one against Bush not a vote for Kerry, no matter what his agenda turns out to be.

More than 1,000 American soldiers murdered because a dictator who had WMD and was on the verge of obtaining nuclear weapons... oh wait. What? No WMD, no nuclear weapons program, no imminent danger of an attack on us?

I'm starting to blather now. Sorry. :-/