PDA

View Full Version : hurricanes

Sebastien447
09-25-2004, 05:26 AM
im tired of this shit! Every weekend there is a hurricane and finally the weather guys say this jeanne isnt going to do anything and will weaken into nothing. But alas theyre wrong! Now its supposedly going to go in the same path that Frances did. I hate this! As soon as i get the chance im leavin FL!

sorry Bets :-[ ... I understand your desire to leave FL

you couldn't pay me enough to live there

Sebastien447
09-25-2004, 06:03 AM
i dont get it how so many people think this place is a great place to live its humid all year round its hot all year but 2 weeks and then its 70 degrees out and mosquitoes everywhere all year round!

I have a friend that's moving down there. He and his wife are really into the beach and the water sports.

For me, I love this crisp clear mountain weather. But there are negatives to anywhere you choose to live. Wintertime ... careening down the mountain side in your car can be rather unsettling at times! :o

Sebastien447
09-25-2004, 06:23 AM
i like to <a href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl2.asp?k=jet%20ski" onmouseover="window.status='jet ski'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">jet ski</a> but that costs some money and still i live by the gulf so there arent any good waves. Im not into the beach much. Tennis is the ideal place for tennis players though. Its the perfect conditions for training. Miserable. It gets you ready for anything. If you can play a tough 5 setter down in FL then youre ready for anywhere else (weather wise)

I remember playing down south east way ... I'd always bring about ten shirts. You'd just be drenched at the end. And during the match the sweat always messed with my grip, no matter what I put on the the thing ... even started doing the Lendl sawdust in the pocket deal, which helped a bit. Still better than wind tennis though.