PDA

View Full Version : Catching up on ESPN board

shtexas
08-23-2004, 12:50 AM
I was just catching up this morning on the ESPN board after skipping yesterday and realized I had nothing to say. That board is getting so frustrating with all the hateful posts and alias suspicions. Frankly, I am embarrassed to say I post there. Even worse, I am sure I will probably have something to say in the next hour or so.

shtexas
08-23-2004, 02:11 AM
When I first got on the ESPN board, I posted several times that I didn't understand all the other topics being covered. But, I got sucked in and talk about other topics too. So, I am just as guilty.

But, the posters that take everything so personal and just attack, attack, attack are difficult to swallow. Especially those who think they are under attack when they are not.

By the way, one of them posted that I am notorious for pretending to see no evil, hear no evil and speak no evil. I didn't realize I had been on that board long enough to be notorious for anything. Later that same poster compared me to you, PJVA. Not sure why.

Kirkus
08-23-2004, 01:46 PM
I was just catching up this morning on the ESPN board after skipping yesterday and realized I had nothing to say. That board is getting so frustrating with all the hateful posts and alias suspicions. Frankly, I am embarrassed to say I post there. Even worse, I am sure I will probably have something to say in the next hour or so.

I was so happy to have found the ESPN board. I fell in love with a bunch of you (not literally... I'd have to meet you first). Then I saw the "dark side" of the board. What a bummer! And I too got sucked into some of it. That's exactly why I decided to put this one online.

I blame a lot of it on ESPN. When you have that many people from so many different cultures and beliefs, you HAVE to have some kind of policing. Not censorship, but some sort of moderating. I expected a few of the authors to be bannned because of thier blatantly racist posts... but they weren't. The language doesn't bother me that much, but if I find that it bothers enough of our members, I'll change it. Right now I've only censored a few of the worst words in our language.

Anyway, I hope this board does well enough to keep it online... again, thanks to you guys for coming in and posting.