PDA

View Full Version : I'm So Tempted

Moose
10-07-2004, 11:33 AM
to vote Libertarian this time around.
Can't stand Bush - not one inch. The Death Penalty is a deal breaker for any candidate with me. And the mess that he has created in Iraq is unpardonable.
Kerry just doesn't excite me. I think a candidate who has served for 20 years in the Senate, and spends an entire speech (and most of the campaign season) running away from his own record has to be suspect.

The only issue that will keep me from voting Libertarian (I would love to see a 3rd party can a respectable foothold on our political process, I think it is absolutely necessary) is the fact that, in the next four years, at least one, and possibly as many as 3 Supreme Court vacancies are going to be up for grabs - and again, I can't beleive how little focus this issue gets. If Bush gets re-elected, I expect to see another Scalia-like appointment made, which is the worst thing that could happen to this country.

So I will probably end up voting for Kerry - and not being real happy about doing it.

Kirkus
10-07-2004, 02:56 PM
As I've stated elsewhere, my vote is against Bush, not for Kerry. Unfortunately it's a case of the better of two evils. Although I have to admit I've gotten a little more excited about Kerry/Edwards following the first 2 debates. I totally agree with you (there I go again) about the 3rd party. However, I don't think it's advisable that we hold our breath.

As far as the Supreme Court... I think many are surprised that several of the more conservative Judges haven't resigned during President Bush's first term.

meadfish
10-08-2004, 10:34 AM
At the risk of being lambasted, I must say that these are the reasons that I just don't vote. I have no confidence in either candidate and writing in someone competent would be vain since our political system makes it a two person race. ???

Kirkus
10-08-2004, 12:48 PM
At the risk of being lambasted, I must say that these are the reasons that I just don't vote. I have no confidence in either candidate and writing in someone competent would be vain since our political system makes it a two person race. ???

What a lie. I know you don't vote because these elections are always held on November 2nd. And November 2nd is your annual play-day at Martha's Squirrel Farm and Coffee Bar. There! Your secret is out!

meadfish
10-08-2004, 01:08 PM
Curse you Kirkus, and the lemming you rode in on!!!