PDA

View Full Version : Watch O'Reilly This Week

Sebastien447
10-25-2004, 06:03 AM
Kerry was too chicken to go on the show himself, but I think O'Reilly's five-parter will probably reveal far more about him than those lame debates did.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,135164,00.html

Kirkus
10-25-2004, 04:16 PM
Kerry was too chicken to go on the show himself, but I think O'Reilly's five-parter will probably reveal far more about him than those lame debates did.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,135164,00.htmlI'm curious how that makes him a chicken. Because he has better things to do than waste his time trading jabs with a right-wing blow-hard on a republican cable channel. I guarantee President Bush will get nothing but marshmallow softballs from O'Reilly.

Sebastien447
10-26-2004, 08:01 AM
"right-wing" ??? "blow-hard" ???

Bill's a "no spin" kinda guy!

Dare you to watch and become informed!

Kirkus
10-26-2004, 09:32 AM
"right-wing" ??? "blow-hard" ???

Bill's a "no spin" kinda guy!

Dare you to watch and become informed!I was big O'Reilly fan... during his campaign to get Ludicrious kicked off Pepsi commercials, I didn't miss a single "Factor". Then it started becoming obvious that although he claims to be Independent, his views, and his show, are slanted very much to the right. I don't like partisanship disguised as something other than what it is. If he had the huevos to admit his right-wing attitude I'd respect him much more. Still wouldn't watch him, but I'd respect him.

Moose
10-26-2004, 11:08 AM
I used to be a casual fan of O'Reilly, even if he did rake Susan Sarandon over the proverbial coals.
He's turned me off lately though...yeah, the "scandal". I mean the guy wants to be preaching morals to Ludacris, Janet Jackson and the like...which is fine if your own house is in order.
But this is a married man, with young children, playing phone sex games with a subordinate employee. If I did that on my job, I"d be fired, no questions asked, no reasonable explanation accepted.

Sebastien447
10-26-2004, 12:01 PM
I enjoy O'Reilly. It's clear he leans right and doesn't care for Kerry at all ... but he's a human being and as such, flawed. I believe he still does a decent job trying to present both sides of an issue. He simply desires to delve into some specifics about the Kerry "plan." Bob Woodward was on tonight, said he actually provided Kerry with a list of the questions to be asked. Kerry wouldn't talk to him either. What's Kerry so afraid of?

Kirkus
10-26-2004, 02:33 PM
I enjoy O'Reilly. It's clear he leans right and doesn't care for Kerry at all ... but he's a human being and as such, flawed. I believe he still does a decent job trying to present both sides of an issue. He simply desires to delve into some specifics about the Kerry "plan." Bob Woodward was on tonight, said he actually provided Kerry with a list of the questions to be asked. Kerry wouldn't talk to him either. What's Kerry so afraid of?

First of all, I doubt Senator Kerry made the decision to RSVP "No Thank You" to O'Reilly's invite. I'm sure a publicity handler snuffed the idea before it was even allowed to bloom. And whoever declined O'Reilly's offer is a very smart public handler. Bill O'Reilly is like a junk-yard dog when he wraps his sharp little teeth around someone who dares to disagree him. Senator Kerry's having enough trouble taking advantage of Bush's blunders and closing the deal... he doesn't need a black eye from Billy-boy.

Sebastien447
10-26-2004, 09:53 PM
allrighty then, what about Bob Woodward?

After all, The Washington Post has endorsed Kerry.

Him too mean and scary too?

Kirkus
10-27-2004, 04:13 AM
Him too mean and scary too?
LOL :) (you're so cute sometimes)

I don't know a thing about Woodward.

Sebastien447
10-27-2004, 07:55 AM
I don't know a thing about Woodward.

I'm almost positive that an old fart like you knows plenty about this fellow ... Woodward and Bernstein? The Washington Post? Watergate? Ring any bells?

Woodward is now managing editor for the Post ... as well as a member of the throngs of persons trying to chase Kerry down for a few specifics concerning his grand plan to win the peace in Iraq, wipe terrorism from the face of planet earth, and return the US to a state of robust economic health.

Kirkus
10-27-2004, 09:19 AM
Perhaps I was too vague. :P

Of course I know who Bob Woodward is. Pshua! I didn't know he was trying to "chase Kerry down".

And I, in all honesty, don't know what Bob or Bill could still want to know about the Kerry/Edwards platform. Perhaps K/E should publish exactly what their steps will be, minute by minute, day by day, during their 1st four years in the White House. Afterall, every president and vice president in the country's past has published such a plan so that every American knows precisely when they're going to blow their nose and wipe their butts.

Why should these 2 be any different? :P

Moose
10-27-2004, 10:58 PM
Woodward and Bernstein?

I spent a night in a bar in the Hamptons (Bobby Van's) with Carl Bernstein. He was hitting on the girl that I was there with at first, but then we got into a nice discussion about world affairs.
He drinks stingers. Or at least he did 23 years ago.

Sebastien447
10-28-2004, 05:56 AM
Wow! knockin back a few while discussing world affairs with Carl Bernstein!

can only think to say WOW!