PDA

View Full Version : "Desperate Housewives"

Moose
10-09-2004, 11:45 AM
Anyone see the first episode? I needed something to fill the "Six Feet Under" void.
I tuned in, admittedly, for Teri Hatcher - always dug her, but she's really gotten skinny.
Not sure if this is supposed to be camp, comedy, drama, or what...but it definitely had its moments.
Eva Longoria (Gabrielle) is an absolute KNOCKOUT! And cutting the grass in a skin tight pink dress was a well done scene.

Kirkus
10-09-2004, 01:12 PM
I was actually looking forward to it. Not so much for Hatcher, though I do like her, I wanted to see Felicity Huffman (Dana on Sports Night).

I liked it, however you're right about one thing, Moose. What the hell was it? Just kinda quirky, I thought.

I'll watch it again.

Moose
10-10-2004, 03:35 AM
"Sports Night" was an AWESOME show, Kirkus. Never got the audience it deserved.
Always felt the same way about "China Beach". I thought, at its time, there was nothing better on television. Incredible cast, quirky, funny, deadly serious, often all in the same episode. And it made me fall in love with Marg Helgenberg, who I am glad to see finally get the audience (and hopefully the money) with CSI.

Yeah, Felicity H's character on DH seems rife with possibilty. When she cold-cocked her husband for suggesting going "gloveless", I laughed.
Lot of potential to build on, nice to see Nicollette Sheridan again on TV...and I hope they have a lot more in store for Eva Longoria.

Big season for ABC thus far (not sure if you follow the entertainment biz, I find it really fascinating), ABC has floundered for a couple of season, and has, thanks to a couple of shows, suddenly become the talk of the industry. "Lost" has me completely hooked.

shtexas
10-12-2004, 05:45 AM
Yes. ABC took risks this year, because they were in last place. The risks are paying off. NBC and CBS took fewer risks. I mean, "Joey" and another "CSI" are not groundbreaking tv, even if they are watchable.

By the way, I loved "China Beach" and Marg - another actress I would follow around tv.

didgeridoo33
10-15-2004, 06:58 AM
Ohhh!! Desperate Housewives! I love that show! It's so HOT and SPICY!! ;D\

How is everyone??

Kirkus
10-15-2004, 08:43 AM
Heya Didge!!!! ;D

We're doin' great! How's school goin'?

Sebastien447
10-15-2004, 11:10 AM
Heya Didge!!!! ;D

We're doin' great! How's school goin'?

Didge is too important for us now. She's a Homecoming Queen! 8)

didgeridoo33
10-16-2004, 05:31 AM
School's going ok. It would be a LOT better, but this week one of my fellow seniors commited suicide :'(.

I didn't know him TOO well, but I knew who he was and a lot of my friends were friends with him, so it was extremely sad. Lots of crying. This week has been so weird, so I'm glad it's over. But yea.

What's new with you guys?

Sebastien447
10-16-2004, 08:06 AM
School's going ok. It would be a LOT better, but this week one of my fellow seniors commited suicide :'(.

I didn't know him TOO well, but I knew who he was and a lot of my friends were friends with him, so it was extremely sad. Lots of crying. This week has been so weird, so I'm glad it's over. But yea.

What's new with you guys?

I'm so sorry didge.

A boy committed suicide at our school a few years ago. I barely knew him, but it was tough. It was hard for everyone. There's nothing else to say except I'm sorry.

Kirkus
10-30-2004, 07:03 AM
Well how late can I be. Just got back to this thread.

Didge, I'm so sorry to hear about that. Many many years ago, my brother killed himself when he was that age (I was much younger than he). It seems some things remain the same from generation to generation. How desperate a person must be at that moment.

Thinking about you, and your friends.