PDA

View Full Version : Gay Marriage and "echo-boomers"

Sebastien447
10-03-2004, 10:14 AM
normally wouldn't start a divisive thread like this ...

but I'm watching 60 minutes tell me about the "echo-boomer" generation, a large grouping of whom unanimously raised their hands in response to the question, "Do you believe in gay marriage?

it would be interesting to ask these echo-boomers how they interpreted that question ... rather loaded don't you think?

also ... is "group-think" stifling initiative? ... another interesting poser about these young adults!

last question something to the affect ... what do you believe to be the greatest strength of your generation?

Bets? ... Didge? ...

gernaserna
10-04-2004, 06:41 AM
I believe in Gay marriage. Not only do I believe in it, I married the partner of my life in Las Vegas before we moved to upstate New York. No it wasn't in a wedding chapel but it was performed on the altar of a church. The church there got the O.K. from the Archbishop in New York. You might say yuck, or who cares...but we have been together for 81/2 years. We are just like Heterosexual couples. We have our ups and downs, we fight, we love and we are happy, sad and sometimes mad. But we get through. It isn't so much that we want to feel special that we were married...we are fighting for other rights that come with being married. I could go on and on but that is a forum left for another time. So Gay marriage yes...prejudice no!!!

Thank you, Gerna

3mlm
10-30-2004, 02:25 PM
also ... is "group-think" stifling initiative?

Lucky for me I read the A-List Gossip sheet and know that most celebs are stupid and hygenically challanged and mean. I don't want to copy them.

Me, too, do you really think so many of them are hygenically challenged?

I know Bill Holden said Loretta Young had food triangles in her teeth, but you'd think these people had "their own people" to take care of such stuff.

(Of course, we all know Courtney Love is hygenically and many other ways challenged.)

Sebastien447
10-30-2004, 11:36 PM
also ... is "group-think" stifling initiative?

What exactly do you mean? Are you saying that the young generation tends to just copy the ways they see portrayed on TV in sitcoms?

I'm thinking back to that 60 Minutes episode and I don't believe it had anything to do with TV watching. If I remember correctly, it all had to do with the popularity of group-type decision making. They were asking whether continually having to reach a consensus is limiting creativity and risk taking.

That certainly is something to ponder eh

didgeridoo33
10-31-2004, 02:04 AM
I believe in gay marriage. How dare they try to limit love to just a male and female? Ugh, it's dispicable! Gay marriage all the way, yo! :)

Sebastien447
10-31-2004, 05:48 AM
I believe in gay marriage. How dare they try to limit love to just a male and female? Ugh, it's dispicable! Gay marriage all the way, yo! :)

I agree. I believe a homosexual union should be recognized by the state. Though I do also believe that it should be called something other than "marriage." The word marriage should be used only for the union between a man and a woman.