PDA

View Full Version : If I was offensive I apologize

Kirkus
11-04-2004, 11:01 AM
This election has proven to be an emotional one across this nation, and here also.

I tend to get emotional and have even been accused of "flying off the handle". I realize that several of my posts in the Political threads may have been "over the top" and if I offended anyone, please accept my sincerest apology. That's never my intention.

I've always respected the diverse opinions that are displayed daily at TAT. I hope that has come across in my posts.

meadfish
11-04-2004, 11:16 AM
I think sometimes we tend to defend our positions as if we were defending our selves personally. We are people, we have opinions. But we should be able to discuss the opinions without feeling we need to defend ourselves as people. If someone doesn't like our position on an issue it doesn't mean they don't like us as a person....

Even reading this I'm not sure I understand ??? Someone help me out?

Sebastien447
11-04-2004, 05:07 PM
kirki and I have been having a pissing contest, and I just want to share a portion of what I just wrote to him ... and we're still friends ...

I think :P

You and I just had a bit of a tiff, but that's life ... don't you agree? I can sit down with any one of the persons whom I call a good friend in non-cyberspace life and tell them what I honestly think. In fact my best friend is a bit of a hothead and I've called him on it on numerous occasions. You and I have been referring to a friendship which may or may not exist between us. But it could never exist, IMO, without contention. We're human beings and we're going to disagree ... but it's the conflict which truly allows one to learn about another person, much more than any lovefest type relationship could.

IMO, TAT will succeed by performing a rather precarious balancing act between TOB and the lovefest board. I know I can come off jerky at times, but I do honestly try to be respectfull always. And it's not an act ... I can be a big fat JERK at times, and I'm sure you don't need me to go get my wife to verify that for you! But that's me, I'm human ... and I believe this board will thrive on it's humanity which will not always be good. But it will be REAL kirk, and that will make it worthwhile for people. This is why I got so heavy about TAT maybe not being the place for me. I wouldn't be able to stand it if I had to be tiptoeing around all the time, afraid of ruffling someone's feathers. Sometimes feathers need to be ruffled!

But those feathers can be ruffled in a respectfull manner, and if I didn't manage that with my gloomdoom post then I do appologize. TAT can and hopefully will insist upon respecting others' opinions. Sorry to be so longwinded, but I've been paid visit by Mr. Insomnia thanks to a barfing dog!

renegade711
11-04-2004, 11:23 PM
8) No one should be put down for their opinions, or their beliefs. The purpose of a forum is to share ideas and opinions, not judge them. Disagree? Of course, it would not be a forum without opposing views.

And no one should have to "tiiptoe" around since it is a discussion, and not a mine field. A place for personal views, not personal attacks.

For the first time, I agree with ya, Seb. I do need my feathers ruffled from time to time, and yes, sir, you can be a big fat jerk :)

Sebastien447
11-05-2004, 05:22 AM
For the first time, I agree with ya, Seb. I do need my feathers ruffled from time to time, and yes, sir, you can be a big fat jerk

LMAO, thanks man ... love you too :P